• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Claymore (end)

Well, so that's that, the ending was not the worst ever and even better than I expected but nevertheless you get the feeling that Yagi lost interest in drawing the manga somewhere along the line and decided to bring it to an end prematurely. Ah well, bringing back Teresa (sort of) and now Irene was a nice touch I guess.
It should've ended with Mirias Rebellion. Everything since then was just so BORING. The last fights were so dragged out without any development and barely any meaningful character interaction.

Zweizer

Banned
Compare other side character not really and there is still more to come from the flashback.

I know there's more to come with Doflamingo's brother, but I think the events that happened in Law's hometown could have been fleshed out more, as we only see people suffering and dying without much characterization.

Akito

It should've ended with Mirias Rebellion. Everything since then was just so BORING. The last fights were so dragged out without any development and barely any meaningful character interaction.
Mirias rebellion already was handled quite badly, bringing back the 3 former No.1s was almost Naruto-level of terrible, shit just dragged on and on. Yagi should just have let Pris destroy the organization and then the final battle against her. But of course that wouldn't have given him so much opportunities to wank on her OP-ness.

I know there's more to come with Doflamingo's brother, but I think the events that happened in Law's hometown could have been fleshed out more, as we only see people suffering and dying without much characterization.

That was a flashback within a flashback better not waste more time than you have to since everyone dead and have no part in story at all .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
too busy trolling their fan with evangalion

Seems like a worthy cause.

Huh, too bad that they're defunct.

Toriko

pokemans_384.gif

Zweizer

Banned
That was a flashback within a flashback better not waste more time than you have to since everyone dead and have no part in story at all .

Not disagreeing with you on this point, but I feel the events would have a better impact on the readers if, as I stated, they were fleshed out more. I guess it simply means Law's history with Doflamingo's brother were more important to him than what transpired in his hometown.

well they did super interesting stuff. so is not really far fetched

Not enough smut density per chapter.

Naruto
Close to the end, finally. Disappointed Kishi didnt decide to add a 'One fights for the future, other for the past'.

Bleach
Hah, you died, no wait, I died. Like every other chapter.

One Piece
Welp, this is tragic as heck. Also, wow at Oda showing dead kids and corpses. Unless my memory failed me, this is the first he's actually shown corpses with blood and all.

Akito

Monster Musume popularity list:

19th: Tofu shop lady from Ch. 25
18th: Mama Miia
(take a guess)
16th: Draco
(dragonewt)
, Darling
15th: Lilith
(devil)
14th: Polt
(kobold)
13th: Kii
(dryad)
12th: Lala
(dullahan)
11th: Doppel
(shapeshifter)
10th: Smith
09th: Zombina
(zombie)
08th: Mero
(mermaid)
07th: Tio
(ogre)
06th: Suu
(slime)
05th: Papi
(harpy)
04th: Manako
(cyclops)
03rd: Cerea
(centaur)
02nd: Miia
(lamia)
01st: Rachnera
(arachne)

http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/

Lala should be way higher but I can live with this.

tri_willy

Aizen 1/original = Aizen Sousuke
Aizen 2 = Ginjo
Aizen 3 = Tsukushima

now we have AIZEN 4!!! = Sternlichter D! aka Askin Nakk Le Vaar

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Metal Seadramon

http://i.imgur.com/2DVFLHU.jpg[img]

The Virus Mega in Digimon 7.[/QUOTE]

Man I kinda remember this guy.

[quote="Akito, post: 132581354"][B]Monster Musume popularity list:[/B]

18th: Mama Miia [SPOILER](take a guess)[/SPOILER]
16th: Draco [SPOILER](dragonewt)[/SPOILER], Darling
15th: Lilith [SPOILER](devil)[/SPOILER]
14th: Polt [SPOILER](kobold)[/SPOILER]
13th: Kii [SPOILER](dryad)[/SPOILER]
12th: Lala [SPOILER](dullahan)[/SPOILER]
11th: Doppel [SPOILER](shapeshifter)[/SPOILER]
09th: Zombina [SPOILER](zombie)[/SPOILER]
08th: Mero [SPOILER](mermaid)[/SPOILER]
07th: Tio [SPOILER](ogre)[/SPOILER]
06th: Suu [SPOILER](slime)[/SPOILER]
05th: Papi [SPOILER](harpy)[/SPOILER]
04th: Manako [SPOILER](cyclops)[/SPOILER]
03rd: Cerea [SPOILER](centaur)[/SPOILER]
02nd: Miia [SPOILER](lamia)[/SPOILER]
01st: Rachnera [SPOILER](arachne)[/SPOILER]

[url]http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/[/url]

Lala should be way higher but I can live with this.[/QUOTE]

Spider girls are always the best girl.

Zweizer

Banned
Monster Musume popularity list:

18th: Mama Miia
(take a guess)
16th: Draco
(dragonewt)
, Darling
15th: Lilith
(devil)
14th: Polt
(kobold)
13th: Kii
(dryad)
12th: Lala
(dullahan)
11th: Doppel
(shapeshifter)
09th: Zombina
(zombie)
08th: Mero
(mermaid)
07th: Tio
(ogre)
06th: Suu
(slime)
05th: Papi
(harpy)
04th: Manako
(cyclops)
03rd: Cerea
(centaur)
02nd: Miia
(lamia)
01st: Rachnera
(arachne)

http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/

Lala should be way higher but I can live with this.

Suu should be higher. Laia hasn't gotten much screentime but she should be higher as well. Good to see Rachnee being acknowledged as best girl.

PK Gaming

One Piece

Ok, this chapter was pretty cool

I'm not usually fond of Oda's decision to throw flashbacks in the middle of an arc, but i'm really feeling this one. I think it's because the premise is so intriguing and the Donquixote family are character's we've already been acquainted with, so Oda doesn't have to laboriously introduce each and every one of them.

I'm actually more interested in this flashback than the current arc. I'd love to see where it goes.

Naruto

At least the next chapter should be nothing but fighting, I guess Kishi recently saw Code Geass and thought he could do it better.

Bleach

Man the past few chapters seem to be rushing I guess Kubo wants the big 600 to be big

One Piece

God damn Oda no mercy at all

Toriko

Everyone already posted all the "that looks like ____" that I was going to post :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom