• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko 264

beyblade-dragoon.jpg

there you go BassForever

survivor

Banned
Monster Musume popularity list:

19th: Tofu shop lady from Ch. 25
18th: Mama Miia
(take a guess)
16th: Draco
(dragonewt)
, Darling
15th: Lilith
(devil)
14th: Polt
(kobold)
13th: Kii
(dryad)
12th: Lala
(dullahan)
11th: Doppel
(shapeshifter)
10th: Smith
09th: Zombina
(zombie)
08th: Mero
(mermaid)
07th: Tio
(ogre)
06th: Suu
(slime)
05th: Papi
(harpy)
04th: Manako
(cyclops)
03rd: Cerea
(centaur)
02nd: Miia
(lamia)
01st: Rachnera
(arachne)

http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/

Lala should be way higher but I can live with this.
good job japan, long live spider girls

Suzuka 31-40
Here we go... Honoka finally got her wish and then that happened...

Suzuka 41-50
379ch.gif

Suzuka 51-56

MC continue to make stupid decisions

Still 110+ chapters to go O_O

anybody keeping up with the "ay"count?

upandaway

One Piece

Law already went through as much as/more than most of the Straw Hats put together, and the flashback hasn't even started proper yet.

Effect

This arc in Bleach has been horrible and I've never felt that way about a Bleach arc before and I don't evening think seeing it in animation would change my mind (glad the anime is over so no time has to be spend on this). I've been disappointed in the past but thats was usually over certain decisions that were made and scenes. This whole thing has just been so disappointing and I'm really surprised I feel that way.

Usobuko

Banned
On MAL, last chapter of Natsu no Zenjitsu was replaced from 27 to 38? Even if you add up the X.5 chapters and the omake, there are 7 chapters remaining.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach
So now there is only one letter missing (N) but two Sternritter without letter designations yet (glasses guy and Shaz). Guess Kubo can't count.

On the bright side, this should mean the end of new Sternritters magically appearing. At least until we get the classic "Who said the Sternritters went from A to Z?!" talk.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach
So now there is only one letter missing (N) but two Sternritter without letter designations yet (glasses guy and Shaz). Guess Kubo can't count.

On the bright side, this should mean the end of new Sternritters magically appearing. At least until we get the classic "Who said the Sternritters went from A to Z?!" talk.

Sternritter Ü
Sternritter Ö
Sternritter Ñ

Rhapsody

Banned
Naruto

Not a bad chapter. The chapter was longer than I thought it'd be, so that's good.

Bleach

More enemies, and still focusing are characters I don't really care about.

upandaway

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga (end)

Well yeah. That was 3 couples flirting for 23 chapters. The plot was at most about a millimeter deep, which I consider a good thing. Basically an excuse for more flirting. It was adorable and nice.

I still don't understand why you'd hate it but oh well. I had a good time.

Otoyomegatari 19

Smith is a nice guy but I hope we don't just stick to him the entire manga. That dude's luck is depressing!

I was half expecting from the beginning that he'll be able to wing a doctor well and have an arc with that, hope he survives the ordeal. The twins are neat.

KingJ2002

Bleach: The equalizer moment. I wasn't too surprised to see that Yhwach had his own "royal guard" especially since players like like Askin didn't fight once. I hope their powers are worthwhile to see.

So far my assumption is:

The Miracle - Power based abilities
The X-Axis - Vision based abilities
The Compulsory - Speed based abilities
The Death Dealer - Ability based on opponent status

The Royal Guard and the Elite Guard will wipe each other out... leaving the soul king defenseless for Ichigo and company to come in and fight.

Decent chapter.

Naruto: Sasuke didn't learn a thing from Madara's situation, from Itachi, from everyone that tried to take on the world's burden and just so happen to be an Uchiha. For someone who is supposed to be smart he sounds like a complete dumb ass. It's clear Naruto will win but his explanation was underwhelming.

At least he admitted that Naruto is his friend.

Meh Chapter.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sternritter Ü
Sternritter Ö
Sternritter Ñ
You joke, but I see this happening. Especially with all the unrevealed bankais running around. Unless Kubo is leaving that to the anime to showcase.

I'm still weirded out that he started killing off characters without showing their powers though. Guess his editor told him to move onto better things. But we still have a million plot threads including:

• a bunch of Bankais, including Urahara, ichigo's dad, and Mr. 69
  • a bunch of Quincy powers, including some who have already been defeated
  • The Xcution squad
  • Grimjaw
  • Aizen
  • All the main characters upgraded powers
  • All the Quincy stuff and all the Soul King stuff

Instead of wrapping up plot threads, Kubo is mostly just creating and dropping them fast.

Bleach: The equalizer moment. I wasn't too surprised to see that Yhwach had his own "royal guard" especially since players like like Askin didn't fight once. I hope their powers are worthwhile to see.

So far my assumption is:

The Miracle - Power based abilities
The X-Axis - Vision based abilities
The Compulsory - Speed based abilities
The Death Dealer - Ability based on opponent status

The Royal Guard and the Elite Guard will wipe each other out... leaving the soul king defenseless for Ichigo and company to come in and fight.

Decent chapter.

He has a big gun. He will be like a modified Stark.

Monster Musume popularity list:

04th: Manako
(cyclops)

http://www.monmusu.jp/news/412/

やはりモノアイの時代が来ている・・・!

... The era of Mono Eye is coming again!
YES. ALL GLORY TO THE MONO EYE.

Manako in 4th is great considering she's a minor character. Hopefully this leads to her getting more appearances. Can't really argue with Rachnera getting 1st. Would've liked to see Lala and Mero higher.

Aizo

Banned
I'm no longer living in Japan, so I guess I'll have at least a bit of free time now.
Expect to see me around again.

Anteater

One Piece

I think I'm going to enjoy this flashback, in contrast I didn't really like Oda introducing all the characters without that much of a backstory, although I don't necessary care about each and every one of them, but I think they make a flashback a bit more interesting to see how some of them develop, especially compared to the current arc where all the characters are just kind of there, and I'm interested to see how the Doflamingo brothers and their relationship with Law unveil.

Now I'm curious what Doflamingo would look like without his sunglasses.

Lain

Peephole 41

My assassin girlfriend can't be this moe is more or less what I ended thinking by the end of the chapter. Funny turn of events, all in all.

Red Blood Red Legacy 24

I'd like to say something nice about this chapter, because, when I think about it, I like the idea about the story being told and the art is nice. Yet it's too damn fucking slow. Nothing actually really happens in every chapter. 24 chapters in and I feel like having read just the first chapter story, the kind that uses a single chapter for the introduction of the characters and the backstory, with the second chapter starting now... only it's 24 chapters here.
Something like Peephole makes use of the short page count in a much better way than this one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom