• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Zweizer you recommended Hi Score Girl to the masses in that one page manga thread. What have you done?

I'm so proud of you

Mortemis

Banned
He never said which of the girls he liked, though.

Meaning Mine/Mein/Maine dodges another death flag. RIP catgirl.

Noooooooooo. Not catgirl pls.

Characters that live off of death flags is something else. All of these near misses are softening me up, the moment I give up hope and start warming up to her is the moment when her head goes flying I guess. :/

Shokugeki no Soma 79

Well this arc has lasted too long especially since his writing is starting to suffer. How does he give Taku a colour page, a special move, and even fighting with both his precious brothers feelings and coveted tool on the line and still lose? Now we'll have to have a rematch between him and Subaru which would be dull. I will hope the other method proposed is pursued, Soma taking on all of Taku's feelings and weights to hopefully redeem him or either Subaru gets so defeated in the next match that he becomes a no name or quits to go into trying to find his own cooking style.

Just really disappointed with this match, why did it have to fall on Taku.

Arc can be redeemed if Soma does that for Taku, and then we also get a Kurokiba Ryou Soma final match. That would be amazing.

Charade

Ephemeral Asterism by Amagakure Gido

Oneshot about a yuri love triangle. But not any ol' love triangle, an "everybody-likes-a-different-person-in-the-triangle" love triangle (see chart). Yeah... Anyways, cute ending I guess,
but I don't think it's sustainable at all really.

Akame ga Kill! Ch. 51

God damn I was scared this chapter would happen one day and it has finally come.
Poor Rabac got one of his balls busted but I don't believe for a second he'll betray them and Esdese, well don't fuck with her husbando hell I wouldn't be surprised if Mein couldn't feel her killing intent from where she was sitting.

Akito

Houseki no Kuni 1-6
i9eF6j7Hs9Ub6.jpg
Even after reading the whole volume I still have no grasp of what's really going on in this manga but the art sure is great, brimming with creativity and fluidity.

Haul from the one-page manga thread (thank you, thesaucetastic!)

Spirit Circle vol. 1-3

This is like a less bitter, more straightforward version of the wonderful Phoenix with a clear frame narrative.

I wonder where the story would go after Fuuta has gone through the seven lives. I hope it'd just go into a clean-up arc and then end neatly rather than go through shenanigans like revealing a tournament for Spirit Circle Wielder to elect the Reincarnation King or somesuch.

Aizo

Banned
Eyeshield 21 - Vol. 25-31
It's been a while since I've read this, but even longer since I posted impressions.
I've just been studying so hard, and so after my first final this morning, I ate curry, and read two volumes.... then, I read two more...
Monta crying made me want to cry, and the ending to the Oujou game was one of the most intense things I've ever read in my life. What I mean is that I was left staring at the page when
Deimon won
. I just felt so full of anxiety. Eyeshield 21 gives me more of an emotional reaction than just about any other manga I've read. Loving it.

On to the Christmas Bowl!

eh its DTL's other shtick.

Biorg trinity so far is oh great's usual shit (nice art, LOL story) but funnily enough he's not fucking writing it this time.

Shokugeki no Soma 79

(evil laughter)

Copy guy is the arc villain, so I assume he's going to beat him and lose to someone else.

Yep.

Seems like Curry guy could be the next target/victim for Stalker so he can solidify his place as the arc villain.

And if that's the case i wonder what Curry guy's special item is? i guess it would be a herb/spice collection of sorts.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 - Vol. 25-31
It's been a while since I've read this, but even longer since I posted impressions.
I've just been studying so hard, and so after my first final this morning, I ate curry, and read two volumes.... then, I read two more...
Monta crying made me want to cry, and the ending to the Oujou game was one of the most intense things I've ever read in my life. What I mean is that I was left staring at the page when
Deimon won
. I just felt so full of anxiety. Eyeshield 21 gives me more of an emotional reaction than just about any other manga I've read. Loving it.

On to the Christmas Bowl!

chris2thumb.gif

wow that took hours to finish. Got no dinner too Nope. Got some mashed potato chicken pie hybrid.

Molester Man Overall Thoughts
This is really one of those vanilla-pump-it-into-my-blood shit. I really like how molester gets ballsy near the end. Plus best gurl wins.

Otaku no Musume-san Overall Thoughts
Too much twist, too much bitch.
Sucks to have a really bitchy mother, and WTF at ending. Sequel approved?

Necrovex

I am eight volumes in Oyasumi PunPun, and it is wrecking my emotions thus far. I'll write a proper review soon. Will my emotions hold out through the end, or should I expect to be a complete mess?

I really need to continue Eyeshield 21. I stopped during the America portion. :-(

Magi 232

Well bam, so Solomon is the white rukh and god is the black rukh, it makes a lot of events from earlier parts in the story make more sense. Looking forward to seeing the impact this has in the main world.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Haul from the one-page manga thread (thank you, thesaucetastic!)

You're welcome! Glad to see that one of my recs got attention, even if it was from a mangaGAF regular. You've got me intrigued about this Phoenix manga though, it's by Tezuka right?

I doubt it's going to go a Yu Yu Hakusho esque route, if that's what you were referring to. When you get caught up on Spirit Circle and want more from the same author, you should try Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.

Sai

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

I like this. Nice slice o' life manga.

... Speakin' of, where the heck is Yotsuba?!

Totakeke

I declare Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun to be the holy trinity of manga along with Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and Yostuba&! that I don't mind reading a million times over. Actually I've probably read all chapters at least three times now since I picked this up last week. So good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I declare Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun to be the holy trinity of manga along with Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and Yostuba&! that I don't mind reading a million times over. Actually I've probably read all chapters at least three times now since I picked this up last week. So good.

You and I are like brothers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Big 3 shall henceforth be Nozaki/Sakura, Seo/Waka and Hori/Kashima.

Dynedom

Ahahaha. This is worse than airgear amirite?

its from Oh Great!, that's all you need to know lol

Apparently Oh! Great isn't writing this though!

I've read both Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear but this is like the complete opposite. He usually starts with a simple premise before descending into convoluted garbage. It's like this manga reversing the formula now (or ditching simplicity altogether)

scy

He never said which of the girls he liked, though.

Meaning Mine/Mein/Maine dodges another death flag. RIP catgirl.

While true, it still means he straight up told Esdese to go on the warpath instead of ... I dunno. Anything else. It's a weird contrast in that Rabac says actually nothing over there while Tatsumi IMMEDIATELY blurts shit out. This entire manga thus far is pretty much a testament at how bad at this whole assassin business Tatsumi is.

Also, don't they know what Rabac looks like? He defected with Najenda. That's his backstory. He was her right-hand officer even then. I'm not entirely sure why he'd buy the whole "we only knew because of him" angle. I mean hell, HE FOUGHT WAVE.

Well he's just doing the art though.

Which is also still all you need to know.

VRMN

Reading Akame ga Kill because of the anime, but I'm quite enjoying it. Not completely sold on it, even if I accept the need for moments of levity between all the bloodshed, just because it creates a lot of audience whiplash.

(only on chapter 22, so I probably haven't hit the truly messed up crap)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reading Akame ga Kill because of the anime, but I'm quite enjoying it. Not completely sold on it, even if I accept the need for moments of levity between all the bloodshed, just because it creates a lot of audience whiplash.

(only on chapter 22, so I probably haven't hit the truly messed up crap)

Actually you'll hit that point in about 1.5 chapters.

Dynedom

Biorg Trinity - 03

Was that...was that a fish where.....

WHAT THE FUCK

Funny enough, this was a better chapter to follow.

But seriously though.....WUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom