• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger 68
tumblr_n92qrk2zPJ1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

The birds on the colour page finally make sense now. How odd that it was a machination from the Neighbor Commander. I dont know how they can get out of the situation especially since the object of their affection has been captured easily potentially. I dont think Mikumo has some final move nor does Chika have anyway to fight back due to her character class. Amo maybe?!

_hekk05

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if Green's mind gets implanted in the body of the half-dead girl (that you see in the tank). :agk

And now we add gender bender to the list of genres?

Noice. There's a reason you're the mod here I guess hohoho

Also what say you on the first new jump manga to get canned?

You're welcome! Glad to see that one of my recs got attention, even if it was from a mangaGAF regular. You've got me intrigued about this Phoenix manga though, it's by Tezuka right?

I doubt it's going to go a Yu Yu Hakusho esque route, if that's what you were referring to. When you get caught up on Spirit Circle and want more from the same author, you should try Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.

Yar, Phoenix is Tezuka's masterpiece. Similar to Spirit Circle, it also deals with reincarnations, albeit with a much bigger scope. There's no single main character as the perspective changes with every story, though there are of course returning characters (in context of reincarnations) with varying and alternating roles. Each story is massive, basically chronicling a person's life from birth until death, going through a lot of things in-between. One story has the protagonist travels across the galaxy, another has the main character endure the rise and fall of civilizations (yes, he's very old). The main plot itself has spanned millions of years.

I'm also quite certain that the series is Tezuka's go-to when wanting to experiment, leading to wildly imaginative settings and plots as well as creative visual designs.
Like in this story about four astronauts who are separated and could only communicate via radio. The panels are always arranged to represent characters and timeline.
tezuka1_page_14.jpg

Most of this story consist of them just talking in their respective pods, but Tezuka managed to make it suspenseful and heartrending.

Mm, I haven't read Yu Yu Hakusho, but I was referring to how shonen comics often turn into hot-blooded fighting, even if the initial premise has no sign of such. But Young King Ours is a seinen magazine, ya? So maybe not.

One Piece

So much stuff going on still makes it a bit hard to follow as a casual. But the Saint Exupery and Jet Gatling page was a nice closing.

The ones getting the message from the bees while making smile and then fighting back was a moment Ive wanted, hope they enjoy their newfound freedom.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hanada no Shounen shi
Before Piano no mori, another masterpiece from Makoto Isshiki
The manga tell us the story about a young boy name Hanada Ichiro, who after an accident, attain an ability to communicate with ghost. This cause him to get haunted by ghost who want his help to fulfill their last wish. From small problem like wanting to feel breast, confessing love, to determine one gender, Hanada is now involved with adventure beyond his wildest imagination

So yeah, i've read this to completetion around 1999, one of the best manga i've ever read. There's an anime adaptation that use backstreet boy song as opening and ending. If this got published in your country, purchase it. It's only 4 volume, but each of them filled with greatness.

Past

Why doesn't Btooom have the epic "DXbox 720" covers in the U.S releases? If it's because of copyright issues, why was it allowed in Japan?

Toriko 285

Wow that fight didnt even last a gram of a second, though it means the series is continuing to remain treading the same path its done before since, well weve had Toriko on the brink of death so often now :(

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal 44

Well glad the manga went back to dueling instead of space stuff, it would have been awful. A duel with 12000 LP to start with feels as if it would take quite some time but with the ability to exclude monsters and deal direct damage, the trio are doing good thus far. This must be the final fight as nothing will top it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Green's mind gets implanted in the body of the half-dead girl (that you see in the tank). :agk
Nah her brain is fine she simply got shot through the chest. She probably has some kind of trump card which is why she just wasn't killed outright.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I just had some Kraft Mac and Cheese™.

A good night.
Ew x2.

My stomach feels sort of queasy now, I wish I didn't have to eat meat. :'(

I liked the Fairy Tail anime up until like episode 50+ before I got sidetracked by something stupid like exams

and of course really enjoyed volume 1 etc.
Fairy Tail was actually pretty decent in the beginning. It started off pretty slow, but the arc where Lucy got kidnapped by the rival guild, and the arc with the tower were good. The major problem Fairy Tail always sort of had was that there isn't any real tension to the fights. And now it's gotten so stupidly lewd that I dropped it.

Busaiku

Man, I placed 2 separate orders on the same day on Rightstuf. Since they shipped them out the same day, they just stuffed the all the books (12) of the 2nd order into the 1st shipment.
The result was not pretty...

Ugh, some of these books turned out horrible.
At least it was just Attack on Titan.

Necrovex

Good Night PunPun 111/112

I had to write an individual post concerning these two chapters, since things got really dark in this manga. And it was already damn depressing to begin with. Everything is going to fall apart now, after this point. PunPun, why?!??!?!?!?

Why is this manga bringing all of these horrifying feels?! I'll need to read Eyeshield 21 to reawaken my spirits after completing this work.

Fairy Tail volume 2

The wrong Mashima property became famous. Bah.

I have a trip coming up and fancy buying the Azumanga Daioh Omnibus. I've never read it but love Yotsuba so am eager to get into it.

Just how big is the Omnibus book? To big/heavy to slip in a bag and travel with?

Jintor

Think about a housebrick

it's about that size

I don't understand the desire for omnibuses.
How do you even read the stuff in the inside margins.

There's zero desire, but the margins are too low on individual volumes to make it worthwhile to print I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom