• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I was trying to make a joke about whether you look more Texan or Korean. Guess that failed.

Tentative image of scy until further notice:
RAL4aCC.jpg

Minamoto-kun Monogatari Ch. 132-133

My mama always said finish what you start and they sure did. Though Semi's character development is kinda...dunno odd?

Zweizer

Banned
Transfer Students (One-shot) by Orimoto Mimana

Lewdness Meter:

NSFB-o--------Lain

It's about Charade who's on exile meeting a female DTL and sharing their interests before having a MAGICAL moment together.

Zweizer

Banned
I might or might not have embellished the whole thing a little.

But otherwise it's an accurate synopsis.

Charade's cheating on hekk?

what a slut

He's just following the footsteps of Yurika, the greatest gigolette of the world.
Y'all should be supportive of him.

Plus, it's hekk.

Charade

Whatcha all talkin' bout?

Transfer Students by Orimoto Mimana

I see...

This is slander! And for your information, I left hekk cus his chat is terrible!

Book Girl and the Famished Spirit

I tolerated it in the first book, but Konoha's insistence on referencing Tohko's flat chest has begun to grate. I also have reservations about all the - for lack of better, concise terms - "anime" elements, especially in written form. The entire existence of Kotobuki is rather cringe-worthy. Also, maid dress with cat ears, really?

So... I should preface this by saying that
I hate Wuthering Heights

I dislike revenge stories in general and I dislike love so obsessive that it becomes destructive. Thus I can't say I like Famished Spirit much, if at all. Furthermore, because we only experience it through brief, secondhand descriptions, Kurosaki's love story feels unearned. I guess the point is to conflate his with Heathcliff's, but that makes it worse because I hate Wuthering Heights. Ya, there's no winning with this one.

On a positive note, I still like the parallel between Konoha's own problems with the case he faces. Just like the feeling of isolation in the first book, the wish to turn back time is a very sympathetic plight that serves as ground among all the fantastical and psychopathic motivations. However, I feel the need to question Konoha' doubt about helping people, afraid that it's impose on a person's wish, even though that's exactly what he did with Chia. Path to healing is a long one, it seems.

Also, did Kurosaki just get away with abusing a child for four years? I'm aware that he's not really unscathed, but seriously, seriously.

Revo

Gintama 502

Plot arc!!! Still hilarious.

Natsume Yuujinchou 68

Ooh, a person who also has a close connection with a youkai around Natsume's age.

UQ Holder 43

Glad the spoilers someone posted turned to be vastly misleading, Kuromaru continues to follow along to expectations and Tota is fully behind him. Kuromaru will definitely remain his equal and friend.

I miss the usual look for Tota, school uniform doesnt suit him, but it does for Ikku.

Unoriginal arc though.

Revo

UQ Holder 43

Guess we're gonna put all those important plot points on hold and go on a school arc.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 119

Lol, that being the first date.

Koe no Katachi 46

THE HEALING BEGINS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom