• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shonen Spoilers...
SPOILERS?

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

WAPAPAPAPPAAPAPAPAPAPA

Kingdom 396

Knew he wouldn't die (since he is one of the 3 boy rookies of Qin)... likely the opponent will manage to get another hit in even though he has been severely wounded due to the fact that he doesn't care for his life

WAPAPAPAPPAAPAPAPAPAPA

Mokushiroku Arisu v2 (light novel)

Well what set this volume apart from the previous one was developing Shinnosuke somewhat and a few other characters better and upping the focus on friendship. The many little moments throughout for our now team hero and their bonding kept it feeling fun. This managed to make this volumes dungeon crawl funner because it could be devoted to their teamwork, compatibility, and skills than just multiple loners like v1. Additionally the suspense was on a higher level than before. Making the character I disliked the most the diseased girl and having to kill her, who was also on team hero, made it a bit perilous because she was actually pretty strong and thus would make the dungeon strong. Add on the time limit to it and that other end twist, and well, it was too much. I wish to read the next volume right now as all of those events in chp 5 just left it on such a huge cliffhanger. Praying fervently that Team Hero loses no one else, especially Hishiro Shiro's friends and maybe Kiri. I was actually mostly surprised it ended in defeat because Shinnosuke did get that Holy Sword too, why introduce such a huge saving device than have them unable to use it. The writing just always keeps me guessing. I imagine it may be used next volume, as if she is truly an eternal labyrinth then it should help his experimentation on if it can be used on the sister or not.

We need more dungeon crawling school series.

KumaJG

New Serialisation: ギャングロード aka GangRoad, by Nishikawa Eight

Serialised in Weekly Shounen Champion

It's a battle shounen, complete with gangs and yakuza and a busty girl who wears over-revealing clothes and a miniskirt.

hmmmmmmm very tempting

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Best idea or bestest idea:

For the next round, Soma just makes peanut butter squid, which is terrible, but Subaru also makes peanut butter squid, but his is even worse.

Past

What's the deal with people putting plastic bags on their manga? Do they really fade if I leave them naked in my bookshelf?

dramatis

It could be interesting if the last guys standing have to compete as actual head chefs, aka form actual teams that have to do a full dinner service. For all the pomp about how good the food tastes, the only two in the final four right now who can probably deal with the real world are Soma and Wolf Guy.

Saiki Kusuo 20

Fun chapter with everyone getting some speaking role and such. I wanted Saiki to make it home in time to see his anime, but seeing the plan he put together crumble was hilarious.

Toilet was drawn weird.
BtK0h1fCIAAeBeL.png

It could be interesting if the last guys standing have to compete as actual head chefs, aka form actual teams that have to do a full dinner service. For all the pomp about how good the food tastes, the only two in the final four right now who can probably deal with the real world are Soma and Wolf Guy.

Move from Iron Chef: Soma to Top Chef: Soma

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

WOLF

Angry Grimace

That watermark tho

....er Wolf?

Just starting read Boku wa Mari no Naka aka I'm Inside Mari

This manga is amazing. I'm ready to get inducted into the church Oshimi Shuzo.

I think Mari is just insane and believes she's the guy, but she's actually suffering from some kind of psychotic break.

Says a lot about the mediocrity of the new cast, really.

New cast is fine so far, though we haven't spent too much time with them yet. Negima's cast was rather bloated, and several of the girls never really got any major screentime or backstory.

The numbers are an interesting concept, and the smaller cast should let us explore them in much greater detail.

Zweizer

Banned
Does I am Mari get better? I dropped it after he/she started dating guys because it was getting too depressing.

Gotta spend time looking for them though, and some of them I can never find, especially older releases. Took me an hour to find a working mirror for Kalyx chp 2

This does not make me less envious of you.

Kingdom

Shonen bullshit, booo

To be fair if it was Shin pulling this off we'd all be cheering for him.

scy

Yeah, it's been fairly shounen bullshity for awhile. It just didn't matter nearly as much with 5+ chapters a week :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom