• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromcd73

_hekk05

A manga about ballet. Also non-lewd.
pooh-bear.jpg

Lain

Just found a raw dump of 絢爛たるグランドセーヌ aka Kenrantaru Grand Scene, by Cuvie

Her Pixiv (SFW)

Serialised in Comic Zin

I support lewd mangakas and their forays into non-lewd-lands

I hope it gets picked up in the west for localization like Dorothea did. Cuvie is awesome, both for her lewd and non lewd works.

_hekk05

Banned
wait a sec, its serialised in champion red.

Why does it have a comic zin logo then?? I'm confused

more edits:

ok its champion red. That one raw I found mentions comic zin in passing

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't consider myself despicable and I enjoyed reading the end of Usagi Drop. While the direction it went in wasn't the one I was hoping for, I still liked the tone the story kept and how it resolved everything since that was the only way to keep the family together as the two of them were used to after the choices made along the way.

I think there is a lot of romanticism in Rin wanting to keep living with Daikichi, and Daikichi letting her wait until some more years pass, she's done with school and she's sure her feelings haven't changed, since both of them don't want the sense of family and tightness they shared until then to disappear, which is what would have happened if they parted ways. It's an egoistic way and maybe a twisted way to go at it to keep them together, but there is an air of romanticism in such a decision.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! Many people would just stop at the Father-Daughter thing and consider it to be icky, and it's fair to have that kind of view and I understand it, but what you said basically summarizes my thoughts about it perfectly.

It's endearing to see how the two of them trying to maintain their sense of togetherness, despite everything.

_hekk05

Banned
少年☆プリンセス aka Shounen ☆ Princess, by Matsuri Seishiro

http://a.pomf.se/iogrcw.jpg slightly NSFB?

Complete volume (5 chapters)

About a Japanese boy who is forced into marriage with a King as a crossdressing, toramimi wearing princess.

Twist, the King is crossdressing girl

One Piece
I totally forgot Kinemon was on his mission to save his buddy. Guess thats over. Also, Zoro!

Naruto
Obito dies, finally.

Bleach
Not unexpected. Also, that is not how explosions work, he/she should still have been hurt.

Zweizer

Banned
少年☆プリンセス aka Shounen ☆ Princess, by Matsuri Seishiro

Complete volume (5 chapters)

About a Japanese boy who is forced into marriage with a King as a crossdressing, toramimi wearing princess.

Twist, the King is crossdressing girl

Sounds good. Curse my lack of moonrunes mastery!

caesar

Banned
So I just caught up on 1punch man, fucking hilarious. '100 push ups, 100 squats, 100 sit-ups and 10km of running everyday!'

That and Sakamoto desu ga? are the funniest things out that I know of.

Is Kingdom good then? I see its pretty long. Was thinking about SunKen Rock, how is that?

Also, Vinland Saga, about a year ago I got to wherever it was with some invasion on a beach I think. How far is it past that? I remember the 2nd arc not being as good as the first but it was still fun.

Arachnid 32

New assassin looks cool. Glad that it is being released regurlaly now.

Trinity Seven 40

Dat new girl. Arata harem will grow bigger lol.

Tokyo Ghoul 83

Dat father is pretty creepy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I just caught up on 1punch man, fucking hilarious. '100 push ups, 100 squats, 100 sit-ups and 10km of running everyday!'

Is Kingdom good then? I see its pretty long. Was thinking about SunKen Rock, how is that?

Also, Vinland Saga, about a year ago I got to wherever it was with some invasion on a beach I think. How far is it past that? I remember the 2nd arc not being as good as the first but it was still fun.

Beach arc is done.

Kingdom is good if you like dynasty warriors.

Sunken rock is good if you like manly fighting and ridiculous fanservice.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Zoro continues to be awesome (further thoughts in the official thread)

Toriko

... What the hell just happened?
So Toriko has two demons in his body? I do find it funny that his blue hair isn't natural, something that happens far too often in Japanese media.

Naruto

Naruto Quest on one month and now Western this one, team 7 looks great in all these AU kishimoto puts them in, though I want a plain clothes one next. Kakashi-sensei needed to die, to pass the torch to the next generation.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Just found a raw dump of 絢爛たるグランドセーヌ aka Kenrantaru Grand Scene, by Cuvie

Her Pixiv (SFW)

Serialised in Champion Red

I support lewd mangakas and their forays into non-lewd-lands

Cuvie, where did i hear her name...
couple of seconds after checking MU
ah, she's the one that make nightmare maker (lewd comic about genius students who make a machine that can control dreams. Lots of wet dream)

Soma 80 spoilers
Soma vs Mimasaka
Ryou vs Akiyama

Shitgotreal.jpg

Thorfin return back to iceland, and now in preparation to go to vinland. Still awesome, and the character development is top notch

Tsuiteru Kanojo ch1-3

How can you say you love her if you won't even let her fuck your ass.

Oh my, lewd.jpg

Tadashii Seishun

Best part of Kyokai, too bad its such a small fandom that theres so few as these type of stories even with their quirks of keeping Akkey megane love and Hiroomi's somewhat can still create a fun and sweet story.

KumaJG

Bleach

Is this what Mayuri found in the lab?

Toriko

Finally the reveal of the Blue Oni, been hinted at for quite sometime.

Fairy Tail 393

This will be really sad once animated later this year, the panel especially when Gray is tearing up and then the thought of seeing a really proud father too. One of the best chapters this arc.

Zweizer

Banned
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e ch1-2

Another work by Maybe. I have to say the setting seems pretty interesting so far and the male protagonist is a nice departure from the usual "reader's projection" of the author's other works, although I hope it won't have an overarching romance storyline for once, as the setting doesn't seem particularily suited for it.

Ace of Diamond 117 - 120
Finally after what seemed like five volumes the match ended. Wanted Raichi to get one more hit in but I imagine it must be saved for second year antics assuming the manga will roll over into that. Great in anime and great in manga form, excited for the next events to come.

zeromcd73

So it looks like the author of Ahiru no Sora has given up on the series?

S/He had been struggling to draw and didn't sound enthusiastic on the comment sections, but quitting after nearly 40 volumes is a little sad.

Marche90

Bleach 590

Wut.

Naruto 686

Okay.

I seriously can't think of anything to say about the chapter. Obito has been knocking on heaven's door since a while ago. It was time for him to reach it.

And yet, why do I have the nagging feeling that he'll survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom