• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

Bleach

These chapters are over in seconds. I love Mayuri but this isn't doing it for me so far. Zombie girl is not interesting, nor are the zombie shinigami or the arrancar.

Naruto

I've stopped caring. Maybe it will be cool animated.

I am, however, interested in this project and movie. Looking forward to the details.

Toriko

Utterly disappointed, what a fucking asspull. If this was hinted at before I need to see it because I have no memory.

One Piece

I like the new samurai and his 'magic' (and the fact that they all call it that). I really hope we go to Wano sometime soon. The bickering between Luffy, Law and the people around them is always the highlight of these chaotic scenes. Fodder fights are kind of boring, but damn Deringer has been wrecking lately.

Zoro finally shows off his power and I'm happy. He's the only one who feels like they might be up to par with the kings already.

urY0yWn.png

I approve of Robin's reaction.

_hekk05

Banned
Discovered 紫電改のマキ aka Shidenkai no Maki

Its basically strike witches but with actual planes and the girls are actually wearing skirts

Also discussions of actual battle tactics

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

BmQ5U6z.png

Good ol' Bleachface.

Loved seeing Mayuri FINALLY open his not-so-secret Arancarr lab. Got a couple extras in there I didn't know he stockpiled, too.

Zweizer

Banned
Discovered 紫電改のマキ aka Shidenkai no Maki

Its basically strike witches but with actual planes and the girls are actually wearing skirts

Also discussions of actual battle tactics

Author apparently also did some Strike Witches spinoffs.

Dynedom

Bleach

Luppi? Seriously? Of all the fucking Arrancar to bring back?

Figures Kubo would kill off sympathetic arrancar/espada like Stark/Lil and bring back a piece of crap.

Naruto 686

Obito's dead

b7VGC9H.gif

Bout damn time.

Interested in the movie.

Though if they were smart, then they should keep it hidden if Sasuke is alive or not.

Dresden

Gonna be gone for a while - if people act out of line, please report them to appropriate manga-familiar authorities (duckroll, Shouta, etc).

Don't make a gimmick out of posting nsfw content. You know who you are.

And uh, just don't be weird.

_hekk05

Banned
Gonna be gone for a while - if people act out of line, please report them to appropriate manga-familiar authorities (duckroll, Shouta, etc).

Am cry. There was just a raw dump for a lewd ninja manga too

Though dresen did admit we are at least more sane than animegaf

Dynedom

I forgot to ask you how many years of your life you lost after that Sera cover for New Waves 2 weeks or so ago.

Naruto movie coming out in December called The Last.

Kishimoto has a sketch of Naruto as an adult too.

Inb4 this is totally like Gintama's Super Final Movie.

Soma vs Stalker
Dark Soma vs Curry dude

Soma vs Dark Soma sounds pretty boring though

I'm sure compared to animegaf, we'll probably still be less weird~

Soma Spoiler Discussion

So they went for a early Soma vs Stalker match? i ok with this

at least we wont have that garbage good vs evil fight (unless they worf the fuck out of Curry dude and make him lose)

One Piece
Got a few laughs out of this chapter. The new Samurai has an interesting power. I bet that the crew will head to Wano Country after leaving Dressarosa, and we'll see even more cool samurai.

Zoro showing off his power was awesome, PIca is in for a world of pain, and I can't wait to see more of that fight. I wish Oda would show us more Sabo though.

Naruto
That was a cool western page spread.

Obito being selfish until the very end, but it was pretty cool. Wonder what the Sage and Hokage are going to do. Now that Sasuke is back are we in the final stretch?!?!
no

Bleach
Mayuri best captain confirmed.
But Kubo...when is Grimmjow coming back???????

Hunter x Hunter
saved the best for last
oooh interesting chapter though, i never thought the prince would be such a major character, and now there are even more of them? they seem to be pretty dangerous too. Kurapika displays his genius again this chapter, and we get somewhat of an explanation of the dowsing chain as well, which is kind of cool, but we finally know who the traitor is...I wonder if Kurapika is right though. Hopefully we get to see the rest of the zodiacs abilities next chapter.

anyway, there's a break next week, but it says double issue for two weeks from now. Does that mean two HxH chapters?

Tsugumomo 33 - 33.1

time to mark that one off the list LOL

also her family is fucking hilarious.

Nobelsse 330

Muzaka knows jack shit? hey just like Rai. Looks like its gonna go down and i'm wondering if Garda is the one that will be known as the 5th Elder of Union (experiments?).

Also Rai and Raskreia haha, as awkward then as it is now LOL

UQ Holder
Looks like it's time to head back to Mohora. Interested to see how much it's changed, and if any familiar faces appear.

Naruto

This has got to be the smartest Naruto has fought in some time.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Have fun wherever you're going!

Bleach
Bambi :\

Rhapsody

Banned

And Dresden returns and finds out half or more of mangagaf were banned.
I'm so bored I'm reading Nihonbashi pamphlets for their cover arts.

Good stuff

Edit: Does this count as being weird??

I miss seeing Noizi Itou art. Aside from that, I haven't seen a lot of new ones lately outside of those NIS games. D:

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, that Haru cover page for Nisekoi. For those who're curious like I was,
it's a shirt that doesn't cover the middle of her chest or abdomen, so you see inner-side boobage and her navel
. Pretty stupid.

Bleach 590

What the hells a GiGi.... Also that face bloody hell
Arrancar having stitches (are they zombis too)
Guess the series is almost over with the Hollows being the good guys

Naruto 686

Obito can't die... who well transport them back?

OP 754

A similar power to Sai's Drawing in Naruto.... but then again Sasuke has Law's Devil Fruit Ability

Also Zoro beasting

Toriko

Why your hair blue boy?

Cure water coming in to save the day was kinda lame.... another demon also having such powers is weird too

he should get a certain amount of consequences for using him

this feels like an ass pull... any mention about this blue guy before?

B.O.O.M

HD zoro and Asshole Toriko week

Pretty good week for all the main manga really. Even One Piece was a bit interesting. Toriko was the best however

PK Gaming

Koe No Katachi 46

What is this? A chapter where nothing completely horrible happens? I'm so confused right now.

In the lack of depressing things to talk about regarding this chapter, lets go with a more general one.

Ueno obsession for Ishida is pretty depressing, she's essentially in-love with someone that hasn't existed for a few years. The fact that she honestly cares for this non-existing person will probably lead to a pretty nasty breakdown and depressing ending for her story.

Some good speculation, that would be an interesting twist, though I'm not fully convince of that yet,
"Mari" ability to play games well and knowing details of the games doesn't quite fit with that angle.
I honestly hope the series goes on that direction though.

Perhaps, but it's also possible that Mari has an intense obsession with Komori, to the point where she's been playing the same games he's been playing, or perhaps reading up on the games he's been playing online. Plus, given the nature of Aku no Hana (which was a 100% grounded in reality) I think Inside Mari will end up being 100% grounded in reality as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom