• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Ano Ko no Ie ch1-End

A somewhat bizarre, almost surreal and rather philosophical read.

Considering it's very short, there's not much going on, but the warped perspective of a precocious child makes for an interesting little tale of how one can define whether a way of life is worth living or not.

Nordicus

Prison School 119

Mw0Makh.jpg

S-, she actually tried it immediately after Kiyoshi sai-

Wow. I love this manga. I hope being gullible and/or easily tempted will become one of this girl's main character traits.

Prison School 119

Prison School 119

S-, she actually tried it immediately after Kiyoshi sai-

Wow. I love this manga. I hope being gullible and/or easily tempted will become one of this girl's main character traits.

its funny how they are as "pure"/clueless as the boys (even the vice pres although its clearer after her breakdown)

Toriko

2425156-the+rock+clapping.gif

I love this manga. A true successor to "the big three" in every sense. When Bleach and Naruto are gone, Toriko and One Piece will stand tall!

Zweizer

Banned
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai ch1-5

What a weirdo. Pretty entertaining read so far, although personally I couldn't care less about baseball.

Shouta

I was having some thoughts about Nen abilities today... they remind me a bit to a MOBA :p

You have very powerful but slow abilities like Gon's Janken punch. Worthless using it directly as it's easily avoidable, but combine it with some CC errr... I mean Killua's electrical stun or Hisoka's elastic nen trapping someone and you have a excellent combo.
You have "support" abilities like Meleoron's invisible ability or Palm's vision. You have movement abilities like Knov's holes or heavy emission abilities (ADCs?) like Franklin, etc.

Someone make a HxH Moba!

edit: assign a role to HxH characters! example: Uvogin was a tank, Feitan an assassin.

Greed Island last fight, nuff' said.

A proper HxH MOBA would be awesome. The Mobile game uses a combat system similar to Growlanser but with just 3 chars for it, pretty interesting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kuro's gonna girl you know it. Although I think she's the same demon race as Setsuna, and gender wasn't a particularly important issue to her with regards to Konoka.

dani_dc

Prison School 119

The attempt at "purity" with the blind-fold obviously ended up backfiring.
Talking of backfiring, so did the debt, I loved the exchange of dialogue in that last page.

Poor Risa though, how ridiculous yet sad it is when she comes to terms that boobs are supposed to bounce is why I love this series so much.

The first 13 chapters weren't too hot yes but you can always watch the anime first and then continue with chapter 14 onwards.

aye, very true.

I might just do that actually.

---------------------------------------------

Touch vol. 1-3 [ch. 1-29]

my first Adachi

loving it.

Tripon

So somebody translated a new ShindoL story called Fragile and Touch.

It's about two middle aged co-workers who used to date each/were friends in college. However, an accident happened which forced them in their current positions and left her as a quadriplegic. Despite being written by ShindoL, it's actually a heart warming story, so if you like a little SOL in your H-stuff, this could be right up your alley.

It's about two middle aged co-workers who used to date each/were friends in college. However, an accident happened which forced them in their current positions and left her as a quadriplegic. Despite being written by ShindoL, it's actually a heart warming story, so if you like a little SOL in your H-stuff, this could be right up your alley.

That sounds a bit different then ShindoL's usual stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In the new One Piece chapter, did anyone notice this?

It looks like Dellinger might have a fighting fish Zoan.
Look at his horns, and the fin on his back. It also looks like there's a picture of one on his hat.

The first fish Zoan?

I thought this was already translated some time ago? huh

Soma

Sounds like his Wheelchair girl story.

Will read.

That sounds a bit different then ShindoL's usual stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In the new One Piece chapter, did anyone notice this?

It looks like Dellinger might have a fighting fish Zoan.
Look at his horns, and the fin on his back. It also looks like there's a picture of one on his hat.

The first fish Zoan?

Yeah, that looks like a fighting fish. Next thing we need is a Laboon Zoan that can turn into an iceberg.

HxH 348

I'm starting to think the recent chapters have been so wordy so the anime can go at a 1:1 pace instead of outright ending. It's really getting annoying and I might just put it on hold until stuff actually happens.

upandaway

One Piece

Zoroooo also yeah Dellinger's fin there gave it away, though I'm not sure if it was ever shown before and I just missed it. But holy crap if Zoro's going to clean Pica like fodder then I don't even know if he'll get an injury this arc, meanwhile Luffy already almost lost twice.

Starting to think Diamante will beat Kyros then Zoro gets him. I honestly don't know. I mean I don't know. There's no one above Pica besides Diamante and Doffy, and I doubt Fujitora's gonna lose Sabo and enter the fray... Zoro might just not get another fight besides Pica.

Hunter x Hunter

My might is waaaaaaay too jumbled up to start writing about this but things are getting really interesting. I hope this means we see a clash with Monkey or something because he's been hyped to be like the strongest Zodiac in terms of fighting (Hisoka rated Tiger relatively low).
Then again they can just trap Monkey now so there's no need to put themselves at risk.

The king's race plot is really cool, and honestly? Between the king's race and the "humans are worse than ants" angle of the ant arc, it definitely feels like this is a conscious contrast to the ant arc on Togashi's end. The princes are probably all psychopaths. I'm guessing if the Zodiacs know about this, they'll want to help the idiot one become king.

wonzo

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan 64

Huh, only just realised 63+64 weren't translated.

whatevs, kinda sad i dont have a bath for a bathstle :(

Hunter x Hunter

Kurapika is so broken in that mode also i like when Togashi goes into full explanation tier for these abilities.

i can see why that Prince is fucking crazy and i just love how his bro is just nonchalantly choking a fucking lion while talking to him LOLOLOL. Now i want to see the other brothers

Also i find it kinda ironic that the 2 exceptions from the zodiac in that Cow dude's mind (for completely different reasons) are now currently working together, how would he deal with it once he found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom