• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Deathtopia 3

Totally forgot about this. Main character's eyes seem like he can visualize people's ill intentions into something I guess? Can't tell, but this is bleh.

mjontrix

Freezing

Oh wow Rape... MC can't reach 1st base and THIS happens...

Smh.

Girls of the Wild

BOMSBqs.png

That's a look of a killer alright...

Charade

Koisuru Harinezumi 1

Poor guy, compared to a hedgehog. And not just once, but twice!

Well, at least he's got the whole oblivious ladykiller thing going for him :D

Stulaw

Tonari No Kashiwagi-san 1-58

This is quite good, it's about a guy who doesn't realise he sits next to his favourite web artist, he finds out later and their relationship sort of progresses from there, I say sort of because
they're still friends even though the confession he made to her was quite a bit earlier.
He's really slow, and unable to read the situation, and she's shy and doesn't want people to know about her secret life as an otaku and artist.

Edit: So I see other people are reading it, and yeah, I've never seen a more roundabout person.

Sai

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san's protagonist is one of the most annoying I've encountered. I do appreciate that, in Chapter 58, he found joy in the happiness that was flourishing around him, rather than depression and/or envy.

Art's cute. And the other couple's adorable.

scy

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu 27 - suddenly harem king

There's like 3 chapters left so I guess it's just going to wind down normally.

Shinjuku Lucky Hold 5-6 End
BsbtWc_CIAAoHOa.png:large

Great conclusion to another entry in the bl yakuza type storyline with a heavy touch of the av industry. The fifth chapter finally answered key questions and moved forward with the plan to leave the Yakuza which brought some tears and a surprising twist, which ended up being a bit comedy filled due to the bosses story. The extra story added to this tears and sentimental moment with the story of the caring mom being actually concerned for the many years. Its always great to have a nice story around in addition to the expected great action. They offer really nice lines that always made me chuckle and many of the personalities at the av place were hilarious characters sometimes over the top even but perfect.

They should have let her do this in a magazine that publishes more than three times a year, I would have wanted to know more of one of the storylines that she teased in the afterward.
BsbwpM9CUAMZkmq.png

Lirlond

Holy Land 1-16

An ex-ijime* victim learnt how to give a rather strong boxing punch combo, and roams at night downtown, in order to attract thugs and troubles upon him. But he somehows beat them up.
Why does he do that ? Is it because he wants to feel alive ? Or rather to protect...
*badumtss*
TITLE DROP His Holy Land TITLE DROP

It's a rather interesting take on the whole "weak character becoming a badass" thing going on in so many manga. The MC is still weak in the beginning of the manga, even if he somewhat trained. We'll see how he develops.

* Ijime means bullying in Japanese

I fucking /love/ Kouji Mori, you'll enjoy Holy Land, I can't recommend his stuff enough, even if his art is kinda of... meh

Anagle Mole 44

What a fucking badass.

LWOhb90.png

THE TRUE PATH OF A STALKER

dYAkz2t.png

scy

Tonari no Kashiwagai-san 57-58 - oh god beta couple is so cute oh god why oh god

I guess other things happened too.

Lirlond

Anyone know of any series like Anagle Mole, Psyren, Lucifer & the BH; where there are these insanely creative powers that get used in unique ways? The more intricate the "magic" or "power" system the better!

upandaway

Anyone know of any series like Anagle Mole, Psyren, Lucifer & the BH; where there are these insanely creative powers that get used in unique ways? The more intricate the "magic" or "power" system the better!
Every Fukuchi manga, Medaka Box, Arachnid, Mondaijitachi/Z, maybe Soul Eater, and not sure if Mx0 counts. Esprit if you can be more lenient.

Law of Ueki (previous work of the author of Anagle Mole)
Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous

Revo

Crepescule 161

Into a new arc, I guess. Seems like the dregs of the current one will haunt over the next.

Lirlond

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous

Damn this is really good, only a few chapters in and I'm liking it. Feels almost Jojo

MXKspE1.png

Powers are crazy too. PERFECT

Kekkaishi, the powers are rather some but the uses they make of it ate rather ingenious, even if I found the series rather meh...

Mortemis

Banned
Nozaki-kun 46

My sides, this chapter was too good. Having a new chapter right before a new episode of the anime is great.

Horimiya 1-37

Dang, this is great.

I love how stuff actually happens and relationships progress instead of endless amount of teasing and stupid fanservice. I had the latest chapter spoiled for me before I even started the series but I still was surprised how it happened since it came out of nowhere really. Just had a huge smile on my face. Its so refreshing to see an actual couple in manga doing actual couple things.

One of my favorite part of this series is the bromance between Miyamura and Toru. Theyre really funny together.

I do however feel that
Hori and Miyamura wont end up the way her parents did, as in having a kid early and still staying together. When Kyousuke mentioned that they had Hori around the same age, it made me think that it would be incredibly corny if the same thing happened with Hori and Miyamura. The author so far seems too smart to do that. I feel like the two will break up sometime before the series ends, without a kid.

Arachnid 31
something something skin of your teeth.

Finally, an update! Spider vs caterpillar was an odd exchange, but then I wasn't expecting anything conclusive to happen between them this chapter. The latter'll presumably be around for a while, what with her having her own spinoff.

Also dat volume cover. Gokiburi's become enough of a whipping girl by this point that I wouldn't be surprised to see her forced to wear that outfit for the next few chapters. Liking the look of the other girl as well.

P.A.: Tokubetsuhen 1

Short follow-up volume to Private Actress, aka my favourite josei series I've read (not that there've been that many). Only skimmed it, but it looks to be more of the same so I'm happy. Although with Kana presumably still vegetablised it's never going to reach the same heights.

Gamma 1
Superhero series with a slight twist, in that the leads are two sisters who work as counsellors for heroes. Looks like it'll be episodic in nature, with each chapter(s) focusing on a different hero's troubles, while also chipping away at the younger sister's past as a goddess-tier magical girl. Ticks a lot of the right boxes for me, definitely looking forward to picking it up properly.

Nisekoi 130

Censorship at its finest. Probably for the best that they kept her away from the anime in the end.

Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai Shiteita 1
See, now THAT's how you pitch a contract.

Comedy 4koma series about the interactions between a senior member of an evil organisation and a magical girl. Heartily approve of the premise, and it was pretty funny despite the wonky translation. Curious to see whether anything ever comes of that serious exchange near the end.

Maga-Tsuki 37

I'd always thought the MC going to heaven would improve the series, but not like this. Ah well.

Hana to Uso to Makoto 1
??? series about two girls living together, one of whom's (un)dead and fortunately a few IQ points above mindless zombie status. First chapter was too short to really get a feel for where it's going, but the synopsis sounds interesting and, well, it's hard for me to ignore anything with a zombie girl in it.

Not Popular 62

Man, it's been so long since I've ridden a bike I'm oddly worried about what'd happen if I got on one again. Fairly decent chapter, at least relative to how this's been recently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been following HxH since Greed Island!

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 5

Holy shit these transfer students are strong!

Alive: The Final Evolution, while not exactly novel in the way of powers, did a lot of interesting things with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom