• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yae no Sakura 07

WK71eWV.png

Gun otaku~

And suddenly they are married and are a pretty cute married couple.

Big One

Banned
Can I bring you guys attention to a manga I genuinely want to read?

Mogura no Uta

5HOUIyB.jpg

Description from an article on ANN:

Reiji Kikukawa is known as a troublesome member of the police force due to his tendency to enforce justice through his own morals. He goes undercover to infiltrate a gangster syndicate. The manga is inspiring a live-action film that will open on February 15.

It won the General category of the Shogakukan Manga Award last year.

Scanlations or official license: None

This makes me sad. :(

Charade

Ojojojo 1-2

Another 4koma by the RaButa author, this one about an aloof ojou-sama transferring to a new school and befriending the odd loner. Pretty cute so far.
And I smell romance!

I was thinking why I liked Gekkan Shoujo so much and then I realized.

The author literally swaps Gender roles in the manga. Not only his but Nozaki's.

kasane

Can I bring you guys attention to a manga I genuinely want to read?

Mogura no Uta

5HOUIyB.jpg

Description from an article on ANN:

Reiji Kikukawa is known as a troublesome member of the police force due to his tendency to enforce justice through his own morals. He goes undercover to infiltrate a gangster syndicate. The manga is inspiring a live-action film that will open on February 15.

It won the General category of the Shogakukan Manga Award last year.

Scanlations or official license: None

This makes me sad. :(

looks interesting

but almost every police manga i read has the same concept

at least i think

ARAIDOKI 32

Drat, cleaning behind me was my fatal weakness!

I better hope next chapter's title doesn't literally mean final chapter. This manga is too good to end already. :[

Higurashi volume 23

Been a while since I've watched Higurashi Kai but I feel like they added a lot more to the story here than the Anime ever did by
going into more detail regarding Oishi and Irie's past and showing us the first time Keiichi and Rika met in Hinamizawa.
Let me know if i'm wrong. In any case, the Manga continues to be the better adaption of the Sound novel than the Anime by Studio DEEN.

Attack on Titan volume 6

Starting to read where part 1 of Funi's release ended. Goes into a lot more detail about Levi's squad and their plan to capture the female titan, who I feel like
It's actually Annie
Will begin reading volume 7 tonight.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 66

Finally, some stuff happens. Shirahoshi getting some more relevance, Jimbei promising to join the crew at some point in the future, the new Log Pose, and a tease of Brook finally reuniting with Laboon! While I like that we are introduced to the next villian, the name "Big Mom" and her obsession with sweets seems... dumb. Also, Punk Hazzard sounds like the name of a group playing on a small stage at 10:30 a.m. at the Warped Tour.

But then again, DRAGONS!

Big One

Banned
One Piece vol 66

Finally, some stuff happens. Shirahoshi getting some more relevance, Jimbei promising to join the crew at some point in the future, the new Log Pose, and a tease of Brook finally reuniting with Laboon! While I like that we are introduced to the next villian, the name "Big Mom" and her obsession with sweets seems... dumb. Also, Punk Hazzard sounds like the name of a group playing on a small stage at 10:30 a.m. at the Warped Tour.

But then again, DRAGONS!
Punk Hazard was alright. Short but sweet, though it's mainly used to segway into the Dressrosa arc which is awesome imo.

So guys about Akame Ga Kill don't tell me Leone is a victim to the Author's killing spree of characters. She's like one of my favorite character of the few chapters I read.

Mortemis

Banned
So guys about Akame Ga Kill don't tell me Leone is a victim to the Author's killing spree of characters. She's like one of my favorite character of the few chapters I read.

Bro anybody is fair game in this manga. I'm holding on to every thread of hope I can that she stays alive too. :(
edit: I should say that I'm not all that far into the manga either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
make extreme fucked up shit and you have akame ga kill

If you add some sex scenes to it it's practically ero guro.

In fact isn't one side chapter pretty much that? The one with three girls. I remember a dog being involved too.

Mortemis

Banned
Akame ga kill 17

Esdese puts the S in sweet guys lol. Also lol at Tatsumi "the man" thinking up something stupid like convincing her to join them. Backfire is obvious, but I'll gladly laugh my ass off if it works out.

I mean if Leone gets killed off in Akame Ga Kill I'm gonna end up cursing this manga and the Author. Like seriously she's a lovable character and for her to get shot off I'd feel dead inside. As long as she's alive I'll survive through other deaths, but if that doesn't happen then fuck it.

And don't laugh at me cause this is some serious business. I'll feel terrible and I don't know if anything will help maybe Barakamon. Please let it not happen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hitomi sensei's infirmary 10

Ci2OMBm.png

Jesus christ.

I'm going to have that ronald mcdonald appear in my nightmares now.

kasane

Since i can't find a manga about sports to read, why not reread giant killing!

Giant killing 1

I somehow missed that hes already 35.

_hekk05

Banned
(Relatively) new serialisation: 暴力探侦 aka Violence Detective

Solving problems with fists

gmpilw.jpg

scy

If you add some sex scenes to it it's practically ero guro.

In fact isn't one side chapter pretty much that? The one with three girls. I remember a dog being involved too.

23.5. It's a very special chapter.
Yes, the dog that rapes one of the girl (and then she gives herself up to the guy) and the other two are literally broken until one dies from the injuries and the other kills herself. It's a very special chapter

I wonder if it'll be animated.

I mean if Leone gets killed off in Akame Ga Kill I'm gonna end up cursing this manga and the Author. Like seriously she's a lovable character and for her to get shot off I'd feel dead inside. As long as she's alive I'll survive through other deaths, but if that doesn't happen then fuck it.

And don't laugh at me cause this is some serious business. I'll feel terrible and I don't know if anything will help maybe Barakamon. Please let it not happen.

Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom