• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Since i can't find a manga about sports to read, why not reread giant killing!

Giant killing 1

I somehow missed that hes already 35.

Read Girl Fight if you haven't already, then start bothering someone to pick it up to continue the translations.

Zweizer

Banned
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch10

This chapter was partly cute, partly creepy, partly weird.

...Wait, that's every chapter.

Charade

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 16

Poor Akina. So close to the S-rank prize.
And I swear she's had the same Kaede "gift-wrapped" daydream before.

Aizo

Banned
Whoa. Haven't been on GAF much lately. I'm pretty late to the new thread. I love the title.
Panda <3

Neat display at local store.

IZfGySb.jpg

JQD5rG8.jpg
Thanks for stopping by. Where was this? I only really go to my local Book Off anymore.

Zephyx

Hana-kun To Koisuru Watashi

Started reading this today and man.. my feels. :'( I died a little inside.

I know they'll end up together somehow but.. it stings.

bigkrev

Stealth Symphony 20 (End)

I have no clue what was going on the first half of this chapter. I liked the second half even if I didn't have a lot of context for it. Glad the author had the courage to keep the protagonists death real, even if the context behind feels completely unearned. Then again, that's the curse of every manga that dies early on.

If nothing else, this series should stand as a lesson to aspiring writers- no matter how large, complicated, and intricate your world is, you NEED to explain enough of it in the first few chapters that the audience knows what you are doing. When this should have been explaining things, it instead threw more and more complexity into the story.

I'd only recommend this series to someone curious to see how one should never write.

Rurouni Kenshin Side Story pt1
tumblr_n8poi2vOHK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty boring start, dont really understand the point of it, or I guess the main takeaway was that emancipation seemed to just make the govt and people treat female prostitutes like cattle and such, but it seems like its not really important to the main story at hand.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've said this time and time again.
If Viz wants people to subscribe to Jump, they need more series. They can't just pick and choose.
I can understand not translating gag manga like Isobe, but there's Haikyu, Soma, AssClass, all worthy series.
If you really need more, look into Young Jump. Tokyo Ghoul, Kingdom, Terra Formars.
If you want to continue the Jojo momentum, start translating Jojolion.

When Jump does new series, they should show all of them, not just one. That way they have a chance of one of them succeeding.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hey guyz I heard manga came out in the last two weeks

bigkrev

I've said this time and time again.
If Viz wants people to subscribe to Jump, they need more series. They can't just pick and choose.
I can understand not translating gag manga like Isobe, but there's Haikyu, Soma, AssClass, all worthy series.
If you really need more, look into Young Jump. Tokyo Ghoul, Kingdom, Terra Formars.
If you want to continue the Jojo momentum, start translating Jojolion.

When Jump does new series, they should show all of them, not just one. That way they have a chance of one of them succeeding.

They aren't doing Soma because it's "too much" for the publication (it has a 13 rating), they sure as shit aren't doing any of the bolded.

Which, apart from it needing a page of translator notes, isn't why they are publishing Assassination Classroom in a country where school shootings aren't uncommon

Surprised they arent adding anything from this new batch of manga, unless what theyve seen of all three just look fairly unimpressive. At least were getting an unspecified one shot in two issues.

They aren't doing Soma because it's "too much" for the publication (it has a 13 rating), they sure as shit aren't doing any of the bolded.

Which, apart from it needing a page of translator notes, isn't why they are publishing Assassination Classroom in a country where school shootings aren't uncommon

Well Viz is releasing Soma and Assassination Classroom separately, just not in International Jump.

I mean, Haikyuu!! would be a good choice to have or hell Kuroko no Basket. But I guess they are too long and too far ahead at this point so all International Jump can do at this point is pick up new series and become their kiss of death.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Yeah I know and understand AssClass, I get that.

But do they really think kids are reading online Jump? If there are kids subscribing, they're probably doing it for the Yu-Gi-Oh cards. There needs to be a survey to show that kids are a major factor in sales, and then I'll understand why they don't do these series.

Granted, they did publish All You Need is Kill and that was in Young Jump. Though that was due to Obata art and promoting the movie (and look how well that did...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom