• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno, the whole part of this week's Nisekoi with Ruri's internal monologue was dumb. This whole thing where she acts like a dumb tsundere and is like "there's no way I would like this crude man!" is pretty dumb given her character's defining trait is being the straight man who knows better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

The chance of Chelia and Wendy losing their power forever is 0

also Ultear's plan makes no sense - she tells them they will lose their magic powers, but that they need Wendy's healing power to save Charle (its been mentioned healing magic is unique to Wendy to begin with.)

Nanatsu no Taizai 164

again they are casually talking and indirectly killing their opponents

Also Melodias tosses a past bombshell as some side note (Elizabeth's past self converting a Demon Clan army to the good side) wonder if he was the one in charge of set army

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 263-264

Of course Tomo can't back down when things are about to get interesting

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 51

A folded bill's never been deadlier. Good chapter.

Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 66

I could not care less about Furuta or his revelations tbh.

Gintama 577

Basically one and done... Umibouzo might as well be dead the next chapter

Kamui will likely also join the fray in killing evil sensei

Raxus

Boku No hero Academia 80

I do hope we don't go through the generic path of making the ex-best friend evil.
I have hopes this will backfire on the villains as Kacchan always wanted to be a hero.

The series has done a good job subverting tropes so far. It'd be strange to completely change Kacchan's character to make him Sasuke.

Assassination Classroom

Really moving chapter. Although I am predicting a cop out it'd be nice if Koro Sensei stayed dead and the last three chapters are shipping payoff and what each of the class is doing now including Nagisa teaching with Koro's tie.

So one chapter is for graduation, the final chapter and ????.

diaspora

Kono Oto Tomare ch30
I've really enjoyed Hiro's character arc so far. She'll snap with jealousy but then 4 pages later realizes what she did was bullshit and sincerely tries to make amends- it's oddly refreshing.

rrvv

Assassination Classroom

Really moving chapter. Although I am predicting a cop out it'd be nice if Koro Sensei stayed dead and the last three chapters are shipping payoff and what each of the class is doing now including Nagisa teaching with Koro's tie.

So one chapter is for graduation, the final chapter and ????.

Epilogue I guess. 10 years after graduation or such

I dunno, the whole part of this week's Nisekoi with Ruri's internal monologue was dumb. This whole thing where she acts like a dumb tsundere and is like "there's no way I would like this crude man!" is pretty dumb given her character's defining trait is being the straight man who knows better.

Her lack of understanding of love (to certain extend emotion) is also her trait thought. She is just type of person who follow logic. Hence why she only push Onedera just to confess and get done with it. Never actually care about her feeling. So she not exactly know better in whole romance thing

giving special attention to this

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 47

this is downright my favorite chapter ever
it chronicles the entire 3rd year without saying a single word until the last few pages yet it does it so well, showing the growths of the characters, how far they have come from the all the past volumes

the biggest thing is how shizuku has come from being alone to surrounded by many people even without haru being there

honestly its been a long journey getting here and the payoff for the characters just makes it all the worthwhile

Jintor

My Little Monster is a fuckin fantastic manga except for the casual violence near the beginning which, thank god, gets toned down pretty quickly

kewlmyc

Nisekoi 207

Might as well see this out until the end. I assume Ruri beating the shit out of Shuu more often will lead somewhere, but it's getting grating now considering he's not really doing anything to warrant it anymore.

Asking if it was her time of the month was unexpected and actually funny though. Wonder if they'll rush through this like they did with Haru and Tsumugi.

zeromcd73

Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai 2
oiF7iOl.png

Makes sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo-chan 265
Fluffy too pure to play video games

Naki no ryuu 1-15

A tale about Ryuu, a mahjong player who got called the crying dragon thanks to his winning hands.
Part mahjong, part yakuza manga. The story start out as Ryuu consistently live his life as a gambler while a yakuza group trying to recruit him as some kind of luck charm.
100% badassery. Nothing like calling RON to your opponent tiles who got shot in the head, then proceed the win the game by tsumo after all his opponent is death..
Also feature sex scene for some reason.

zeromcd73

Looks interesting. What's it about?
Her dad is an erotic author who is also a super pervert. Since she has grown up with him since birth it seems to have rubbed off on her and which makes her try to not think lewdly when she is actually lewd.

Nordicus

Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! 20
WHOOOOOA, hold on there. You two are coworkers who've only hung out enough times outside of work or school to fit in one hand. I guess she's really, REALLY grateful that she found a man who doesn't listen to the rumors saying she's a lesbian ice queen

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 265
Well that's not exactly wrong but not exactly right either.

Nisekoi - 207
Ruri pls you are only kidding yourself

Jintor

Girl's Ride 1-15 -END-

Cute little manga with gorgeous but not-fantastic art that goes by way too fast and has little to no actual plot or drama. Despite being about high school biker girls does not actually focus much on the bikes, to my dismay. Doesn't go far enough as a bike manga nor far enough as a yuri manga, but it's pleasant enough, and it reminds me of the japanese countryside, which is not particularly relevant right now because I happen to live in it but will probably be nicer in a few year's time.

Moaradin

Shokugeki no Soma 154

I'm a few weeks behind but I swear if they make Kurokiba job to make this new lame guy look better...

Zweizer

Banned
Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai ch1-3 by Kawahara Ren

The story of a studious and (seemingly) proper daughter of an erotic novelist, who is trying hard to try and deal with a crush while her father's influence is slowly surfacing. Pretty fun so far.

Lain

I haven't read it, but the mentions have got me thinking about how real sons and daughters of erotic manga artists/novelists actually live the thing.
How does their fathers/mothers' job being that of creating erotica actually influence their lives?
This could be extended to jav/adult actors/actresses but I'm mostly curious how a realistic take on it would be. Would the child grow up with a more open mind about sexual things, or resent it for what it might bring into their lives (teasing/bullying).

Maybe my train of thoughts is a bit too serious.

Gintama 577

Holy hell that was a powerful chapter. Kagura laying down the truth and stepping the fuck up against Kamui. I thought Umibouzu would take the attack or something but that's totally where this is leading.

Also I caught the cover of the latest Volume and it's fucking Bakuyasha. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a cover.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I haven't read it, but the mentions have got me thinking about how real sons and daughters of erotic manga artists/novelists actually live the thing.
How does their fathers/mothers' job being that of creating erotica actually influence their lives?
This could be extended to jav/adult actors/actresses but I'm mostly curious how a realistic take on it would be. Would the child grow up with a more open mind about sexual things, or resent it for what it might bring into their lives (teasing/bullying).

I think some of them accept it, others probably hide it. But yeah, i'll read the realistic/serious version of it.

Zweizer

Banned

It's an interesting subjet to discuss, and I'd say either outcome (and even both) seems likely. It really depends on the surroundings of not only the parents, but the rest of the children's family, circle of friends, etc.

Shame there doesn't seem to be any grounded and realistic manga depicting this theme.

Jaxec

Been busy with work for and finally have time to catch up on a lot of things.

Shokugeki no Soma Current

I feel myself losing interest in this. I hated the last arc with Eizan and this arc is looking no better. I don't understand the point of introducing these new characters when you already have a good portion of the elite ten that side with Azami. Even if this new guy wins or loses it does nothing for me. Alice and Rindou are the shining lights in this series so I'll continue on in hopes of it getting better. I also see some people have been throwing the words Bleach tier around, but let's not get too crazy. What Kubo has been doing is leagues worse than anything I've read so far in Shokugeki.

Bleach Current

Yep. Definitely worse.

Tokyo Ghoul: re Current

I feel like there are too many characters and factions involved in this. Though I am interested to see how Ishida is gonna juggle all that's about to happen.

Jojolion Current

Damo is savage. My opinion on him over these last chapters has done a complete 180. His design and how he handles himself havs him going up the list of my favorite Jojo antagonists. Also Josefumi looks fresh as hell. I am also wondering when the main villain is gonna appear. Although Damo feels like he could be the main l, I don't think it's him.

To Love ru Darkness Current and Spoilers[/b

Is there no end to this wild ride? Also regarding the spoilers

Did it really just go in?

Yabuki is unstoppable. Nemesis has taken this series to new heights. Also Mikado is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom