• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used cowl along with Iida to give them the speed necessary to carry that many bodies that fast that high into the air.

I think it's pretty refreshing as the main character that he wasn't the center of the plan.

LeleSocho

Banned
He used cowl along with Iida to give them the speed necessary to carry that many bodies that fast that high into the air.

I think it's pretty refreshing as the main character that he wasn't the center of the plan.

Meh, in the fight with Iron dude in the tournament a fatigued Kirishima with an opposing force to overcome cracked a concrete cube that could've been 60-70 cm^3.
He could've destroyed the mere wall himself and let Iida go to the slide and pick Bakugou alone.

Overcomplications to put the main character at the center of the scene while not giving it the impression.

It had to be Kirishima though, no one else could've gotten Bakugou to go for the save. They also needed to lift whoever was rescuing him high enough that the other villains and especially All 4 One couldn't interfere or reach. All 4 One could probably have done something to them but the higher they were the harder it would be for him to do something with All Might on his ass.

LeleSocho

Banned
It had to be Kirishima though, no one else could've gotten Bakugou to go for the save. They also needed to lift whoever was rescuing him high enough that the other villains and especially All 4 One couldn't interfere or reach. All 4 One could probably have done something to them but the higher they were the harder it would be for him to do something with All Might on his ass.

Why it had to be Kirishima? Only for plot reasons i guess because there's no other reasons Iida couldn't have done the same.
Also to be high enough is another reason why a single person would have been much better than three, a motor (Iida or Deku) for one person (Iida or Deku) is more efficient and powerful than two motors (Iida and Deku) for three people (Deku+Iida+Kirishima)
Iida would have been the better choice since he surely has more control over his power than Deku.

Why it had to be Kirishima? Only for plot reasons i guess because there's no other reasons Iida couldn't have done the same.

???????????????????????????????????

Every thing in a manga is done for plot reasons. That's...I'm confused by this statement.

It couldn't have just been Iida because Bakugou doesn't have the same connection with Bakugou that Kirishima does. Iida and Bakugou are not friends and are generally antagonistic towards each other. In order for the plan to work, Deku had to feed into Bakugou's pride and piece-of-shitness by using someone who he actually sees as a rival/maybe friend and to set up the situation so it's something that Bakugou would make the choice in reaching out and not being whisked away by people he doesn't like.

The whole reason Deku has to make a complicated plan around this is because Bakugou is a sack of dicks and if it was simply Iida doing it he wouldn't reach out to him and if they grabbed him he'd probably fight back or be a fuckstick about it.

Also to be high enough is another reason why a single person would have been much better than three, a motor (Iida or Deku) for one person (Iida or Deku) is more efficient and powerful than two motors (Iida and Deku) for three people (Deku+Iida+Kirishima)
Iida would have been the better choice since he surely has more control over his power than Deku.

I mean...the added weight of Deku, like 100 pounds soaking wet compared to the sheer force he can push out of his body when combined with Iida kinda makes weight trivial. Iida's ability is speed not proportional strength so Deku's strength was probably needed as well to launch them that high.

jbug617

Banned
Soma 166

Guess this is the end of the arc. This arc was pretty bad.

Next arc is probably going to pit PSD and friends against each other. We might get Soma vs Takumi.

Car Graffiti JK 9.5

Who would have thought that superautobacs doesn't carry parts for a classic french car like a 2CV. Not surprised it doesn't have a cigarette lighter either, as the 2CV has literally no features. The early models didn't even have a fuel gauge, they had a dipstick for the gas tank.

LeleSocho

Banned
???????????????????????????????????

Every thing in a manga is done for plot reasons. That's...I'm confused by this statement.

It couldn't have just been Iida because Bakugou doesn't have the same connection with Bakugou that Kirishima does.
Yeah it's exactly what i said, decision made because of plot and no actual reason behind it.
It doesn't feel natural at all but quite forced, just to use all the character around there.
Plot.
I know complaining about plot armour and stuff like that for a shonen is stupid but i didn't liked it.
I mean...the added weight of Deku, like 100 pounds soaking wet compared to the sheer force he can push out of his body when combined with Iida kinda makes weight trivial. Iida's ability is speed not proportional strength so Deku's strength was probably needed as well to launch them that high.

Being fast involves outputting enough force to push a body, Iida (or Deku) would have been more than enough.

I literally cannot comprehend your point.

They needed to rescue Bakugou, he was up against 6 villains right next to a natural disaster. Deku creates a plan drawing on elements that the manga had set up or built before such as Bakugou's pride, his interactions with Kirishima, his dislike of Deku's pitying eyes/rescuing him and a number of other elements. It is literally a plan created from the information we read about in the manga.

It happens for "plot" reasons because they need to get him out of there or he will be captured again and so Deku comes up with a plan that will work to extract him without interfering with All Might's fight.

It doesn't happen out of nowhere and the reasoning for it isn't "just because"

LeleSocho

Banned

They needed to rescue Bakugou, he was up against 6 villains right next to a natural disaster. Deku creates a plan drawing on elements that the manga had set up or built before such as Bakugou's pride, his interactions with Kirishima, his dislike of Deku's pitying eyes/rescuing him and a number of other elements. It is literally a plan created from the information we read about in the manga.

It happens for "plot" reasons because they need to get him out of there or he will be captured again and so Deku comes up with a plan that will work to extract him without interfering with All Might's fight.

It doesn't happen out of nowhere and the reasoning for it isn't "just because"

I'm not against the fact that they had to come up with a plan to save him but that he came up with *that* plan.

jman2050

Oh hey I'm posting about something that isn't Nisekoi or Tomo-chan, what are the odds?

Bonnouji

Cute, inoffensive manga about a recently-dumped office lady who has a chance encounter with a reclusive guy in her apartment building and takes a liking to all the weird random crap his brother sends him. He visits his place regularly, one thing leads to another and the two become friends and later lovers.

I've read way too many manga with similar premises where it's just a stream of drama and bad things going down until it just ends and everything works out, so it's nice to read a series that's a completely straightforward romance story that doesn't rely on contrived conflict to advance the narrative and doesn't overstay its welcome. I guess you could argue that it's SO inoffensive that it eventually becomes boring, but I feel like it was short enough that it never got to that point.

dr labson

Neo Member
Assassination Classroom Chapter 1 - 187

Manga is finally done, I'm was waiting for the manga to finally finish.
Damn, Koro is one of the best teachers ever.
Lots of feels and it was nice to see the manga wrap up without dragging out the story.

MANUELF

Banned
Soma 166
The chapter was worth it for Ikumi <3

Boku no Hero Academia 90
That is NOT the end of it, the villains are still there

Criminale! 1 - 8

This is pretty ridiculous. The MC seems to have skills though, so he should start fighting back against the daily barrage of criminals.

Soma 166

shrug

Boku no Hero Academia 90

wow at that devastation lol.... In a perfect world they'd save Ka-chan with this and seeing as he smiled with relief a new bond would form

but likely what will happen is failure and All Might's Death

I didn't know so many people read Criminale. His reaction panels are hilarious

Jitsu 124

The worst possible future. Change it at all cost

Nisekoi 217

Chitoge gonna get confessed to soon?

SalvaPot

I'm not against the fact that they had to come up with a plan to save him but that he came up with *that* plan.

Iida's engine works in a way that once used it needs a bit of time to be used again, so after the first impulse (The one we just saw), he is going to be vulnerable for a while, this is where Deku comes in. Now that they got Bakugou, Deku can cover for Iida and with his full cowl keep the momentum going.

Nisekoi 216-217

I don't get why they didn't show her face (Raku's Mom)

their facial appearance is all cookie cutter so it wouldn't even be that of a surprise

seems like maybe Chitoge was not the promised girl or something or maybe the promise wasn't as romantic as these girls believe it to be

Still Raku found his answer (it was his hairpin all along)

Tejina Senpai 10
IO1P11l.png
Lemon. If this is what's needed to overcome her stage fright and make her a decent magician, then it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Do you mean Psycho Staff?
Er, yes !
Woot! one of my favs. Two questions for you.
1. What was your favorite past life?
Mine is hands down Fortuna
2. How much of a massive piece of shit do you think Fortuna is?
I wasn't too harsh on him until I actually started thinking about it, and just how little he valued human life.

Fortuna's because it is the final one and the one that makes the whole dénouement of the story.

I also enjoyed the genderbender past life because of its WTF-ness with the aliens

I just think he's a textbook sociopath who's had access to way too much power.

It bends well with the whole theme of your soul getting better as lives goes and redemption

Kanojo wa Korukobi 1-15
I expected to see more different yokai !

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 216-217

their facial appearance is all cookie cutter so it wouldn't even be that of a surprise

seems like maybe Chitoge was not the promised girl or something or maybe the promise wasn't as romantic as these girls believe it to be

Every anime person looks the same so it's pretty dumb to hide a face. It's one of the biggest weaknesses of the medium.

klaushm

Said person didn't liked/comprehend the plan.

It was very clear:

- They needed to enter the battlefield without been a target by the villains, that's why the height;
- Iida have speed, but can't jump that high and neither have a stable control while holding someone in the air, that's why Izuku helped and there was also needed something for Iida to launch, the ice;
- Bakugou hate to been helped, specially from Izuku
which was the best suited to help him
and neither would want a help from anyone that he didn't recognized, that's why it must only have been Kirishima in there;

I think Izuku head was leaning down to hide his face from Kachan, but I need to check it.
Edit: Nope. Just a impression.

The plot was to save Bakugou, so the story can go on.

Nisekoi 216-217

I'm pretty sure it's because they won't show us who won just give us a blank faced winner talking to Raku jr.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tejina senpai 10
Sometime life give you lemon, but in case of Tejina senpai, she gave you melon. Bless melon!

Kaguya want to be confessed 18
Yo dawg, fujiwara mind game too strong. Truly a worthy opponent.

Tetsunaki no Kirinji end
The story about online mahjong player, Kiriya, who want to provr that he can provide his family by gambling with mahjong. The thing is, while i admit that he is strong,and hard working at mahjong, he basically being a douche during his online game period where he stop working to get high rank in online mahjong, leading to a divorce. I can understand why the doctor opposed of that idea and planning to marry his wife and adopted their daughter. He's a doctor with stable income and tragic backstory. In any other story, he'll be the protagonist. Despite all that, the story manage to be entertaining and i like how the author also put a spotlight on other supporting characters.

It end happily, but there's a sequel with his ex-wife goes into coma after operation and him realizing that making money from gambling full time is probably not a very good idea.

Tejina Senpai 10

Very melon.

This chapter was made by the MC's face. Like, got damn his face the entire time was hilarious.

Miracle Hero-nim 9

She does bring up a good point, why does nobody know he's the Hero? Also more of tiny demon lord is always good.

Boku no Hero 90

Uuuuuurrrrrggghhhhh, I really wanna write a huge post about this chapter and why it's so amazing and indicative of MHA's quality overall but every time I start it I just feel like I could be doing something else and do it.

Suffice to say it's pretty great.

Boku no Bitch 11

These side characters are starting to detract from the humor in this shit. The Nee-san house chapter was alright though.

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular 95

Wow, a chapter that wasn't crushingly sad or embarassing. Color me surprised. This was actually a pretty developed chapter all things considered. Compare this to some of the earliest chapters and you can really see that while Tomoki may not have become too much of a better person or stopped being kind of a shit, she's broken out of her shell and become more sociable naturally as if she's almost unaware of it herself. The scenes with Dick-chan and her friend were fucking amazing though. The delayed reaction to her friends "Well we're not surprised or weirded out by you checking for change" was funny

Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To 18

The joke of Shirogane saying "Yes it's quite simple" and getting buzzed by Fujiwara for using his banned word and his shock at it was a really quick but hilarious joke right at the start. Fujiwara really is the secret MVP of this manga, her starting to rap as a tactic to not say shit she normally says VS Shirogane picking "dawg" is great even his reaction being like "Holy shit she's really bad at this" And Fujiwara getting Kaguya AND Shirogane and her fucking face for that half-page spread was great. This manga is hilarious.

Musashi-kun to Murayama-san wa Tsukkiate Mita 6

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus this is so fucking vanilla and sugary. Sometimes this cute shit is just right. I do want more characters though.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 31

Well. That got serious real quick. Fat Tit Loli seems really dangerous. Kinda excited for the anime adaptation honestly, I really like this author's works. For some reason their art style and humor just work for me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure it's because they won't show us who won just give us a blank faced winner talking to Raku jr.
It's because Raku's mom is Onodera's mom. Chitoge's never met her and didn't notice.

dr labson

Neo Member
Does anyone here know of any manga or manhwa with that are really educational and entertaining at the same time?
You know, stuff like the following series:
  • Nana to Kaoru (BDSM)
  • Holyland (Street Fighting)
  • Skill of Lure (Picking up women respectfully and smoothly)
Also I honestly don't know how some of you stomach Nisekoi.
Why you do this to yourself guys?

Zweizer

Banned
Does anyone here know of any manga or manhwa with that are really educational and entertaining at the same time?
You stuff like the following series:
  • Nana to Kaoru (BDSM)
  • Holyland (Street Fighting)
  • Skill of Lure (Picking up women respectfully and smoothly)
Also I honestly don't know how some of you stomach Nisekoi.
Why you do this to yourself guys?

Here are a few:

• Dungeon Meshi (cooking RPG enemies)
  • Stretch (stretching)
  • Honey & Honey (lesbians in Japan)
  • New Game (game development)
  • Car Graffiti JK (cars)
  • Kiss My Ass (hemorroids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom