• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Does anyone here know of any manga or manhwa with that are really educational and entertaining at the same time?
You stuff like the following series:
  • Nana to Kaoru (BDSM)
  • Holyland (Street Fighting)
  • Skill of Lure (Picking up women respectfully and smoothly)
Also I honestly don't know how some of you stomach Nisekoi.
Why you do this to yourself guys?
Cross Game:
Baseball
Slam Dunk:
Basketball
Yakitate Japan:
baking bread
All Rounder Meguru:
MMA
Masturbation Master Kurosawa:
growing up

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Does anyone here know of any manga or manhwa with that are really educational and entertaining at the same time?
You know, stuff like the following series:
  • Nana to Kaoru (BDSM)
  • Holyland (Street Fighting)
  • Skill of Lure (Picking up women respectfully and smoothly)
Also I honestly don't know how some of you stomach Nisekoi.
Why you do this to yourself guys?
Cooking
Mr. Ajikko
Addicted to curry
Cooking papa
Golden Kamui (also a great adventure story and ainu culture)
Chuuka ichiban aka cooking master boy
Shokugeki no soma

economics related
Kurosagi aka black swindler
Investor z
Kurogane ichiba (human resource)
Shiima kousaku series (business culture)

Cultural
Bride story
Golden Kamui

Studying
Dragon Zakura

Kyuur

Toriko 370
l1b8jnW.png

I am fully expecting Komatsu to cook this thing from the inside.

Hero Academia 90

Great chapter. Thank god the author is doing what he's doing with Bakugou. One For All is really cool, a much better villain than Tomura so far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki non Potato

I'm pretty sure that the Yoda Judge is biased.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm speculating this is the arc where at least 1 of the characters shown to be a "good guy" is going to make a heel turn and join Central. I'm guessing its going to be Akira because he made it clear he's way too into his sorta-adopted mom and her seminar (which was supposedly disbanded) but we didn't see him doing a fight to save it. I'm guessing he just cut a deal.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 166

So all that existed to show that Soma isn't compatabile with central/show he's the center of the freshman?
what a bore of an arc.

HxH 353

Y'know, this is what annoys me about togashi. 16 pages of the worst of his narrative excesses, and then, at the very last pages, there actually is a damn decent payoff.

Be consistently bad so i can drop the book without ragrets, damn you.

dr labson

Neo Member
Boku no hero Chapter 90

Seems like a solid plan, Kacchan seems to get along the most with Kirishima.
I also honestly don't see how this can end well for the good guys. I would be baffled if it did.

Also thank you everyone for your recommendations. Lots of mangas in backlog now.

I was wondering, have any of you here ever read Skill of Lure?

Zweizer

Banned
Love Tyrant ch35

Yeah, Teriha's way of thinking definitely needed some adjustement.

trash. ch36

For a renowned assassin, I must say Bullet has a pretty sloppy way of doing things.

Kyou no Yuiko-san ch42

Not much time for fun.

Lain

the gods lie.
NeQb.jpg

This was a great read, bittersweet in just the right amount so to not leave me with a sour aftertaste nor a sugary one. The art was nice too and despite the serious themes, the more funny parts worked well.

The thing I appreciated the most is how most of the cast takes a background role compared to Rio and Natsuru. They're there, the kind of personality they have comes easily to light but they don't take much space in the pages of the story, pages reserved instead to show us Natsuru and his involvement with Rio, the choices he makes because of this and how this affects her life.

Given Natsuru's background, I found his behavior to be pretty believable. Despite being a 11 years old, he acted more mature at certain points, without betraying his age when he kicks that ball in his coach face (totally deserved, man is a huge dick, though I'm sure the man is the kind that doesn't even realize it).
Same goes for Rio. Because of her family situation, she has to act more mature, so her choice in regards to her grandpa is understandable even in the face of fully understanding that it was a wrong one. She wanted to believe in her father, she didn't want herself and her little brother to be taken away so she did what she had to.

Props to Vertical as usual for the work they did.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
^That's a really good series. I read it on release. For anyone else interested, it's fairly short, around one volume/5 chapters.

Rin END

I'm pretty satisfied with this ending. They could have given a confession, but I think the way Norito spelled it out was fine. I liked that this didn't go the Bakuman route and devolve into a neverending duel between rivals. It was more like a supernatural drama with manga as a motif.

But that fucking tag line just gives me all the feels.

Heavily recommend this, and it seems like a good follow up to Beck, which I still haven't read but definitely intend to after having read this.

Lain

March Comes In Like A Lion volume 11

Another volume, another case of me saying damn at every turn.
The girls' father, unbelievable as it might be, manages to show off to be the biggest walking piece of shit imaginable. I do feel bad for his other daughter (for having such a shithead of a father).
Rei keeps being awesome and just shattering the image people have of him. The stress is taking some toll on him, but he keeps trudging along. His plan at the end
to find a good man for Akari (because she has vowed to think about her happiness only after Momo growns up)
had me go d'awwww.
Highlights of the volume:
Rei holding his own against Setsuo (the girls' father)
, the discussion between Hina and Akari that turns rice into vegetables as a way give it less calories so they can eat much more of the yummy foods and, last but not least, the visual image of how Rei's brain works.
All around great volume.

Rin END

I'm pretty satisfied with this ending. They could have given a confession, but I think the way Norito spelled it out was fine. I liked that this didn't go the Bakuman route and devolve into a neverending duel between rivals. It was more like a supernatural drama with manga as a motif.

But that fucking tag line just gives me all the feels.

Heavily recommend this, and it seems like a good follow up to Beck, which I still haven't read but definitely intend to after having read this.

I was just ok with it. Like the Honda thing was kind of just solved on its own. I would've liked to have seen much more Rin throughout the series. The chapter prior to this just kind of explained all the mysteries quickly and this felt like it was wrapped up as quickly as possibly but not as neatly as possible.

Dainana Joshikai Houkou 1 - 4

Well this is weird. Its about two friends going about their life, but in a strange world with random weird things that are apparently normal.

mdubs

Banned
the gods lie.
NeQb.jpg

This was a great read, bittersweet in just the right amount so to not leave me with a sour aftertaste nor a sugary one. The art was nice too and despite the serious themes, the more funny parts worked well.

The thing I appreciated the most is how most of the cast takes a background role compared to Rio and Natsuru. They're there, the kind of personality they have comes easily to light but they don't take much space in the pages of the story, pages reserved instead to show us Natsuru and his involvement with Rio, the choices he makes because of this and how this affects her life.

Given Natsuru's background, I found his behavior to be pretty believable. Despite being a 11 years old, he acted more mature at certain points, without betraying his age when he kicks that ball in his coach face (totally deserved, man is a huge dick, though I'm sure the man is the kind that doesn't even realize it).
Same goes for Rio. Because of her family situation, she has to act more mature, so her choice in regards to her grandpa is understandable even in the face of fully understanding that it was a wrong one. She wanted to believe in her father, she didn't want herself and her little brother to be taken away so she did what she had to.

I second this, damn damn good book. Thank you Vertical

Kieli

HxH 353

Y'know, this is what annoys me about togashi. 16 pages of the worst of his narrative excesses, and then, at the very last pages, there actually is a damn decent payoff.

Be consistently bad so i can drop the book without ragrets, damn you.

This is Togashi when there's no editor to control his madness.

I love it.

This is Togashi when there's no editor to control his madness.

I love it.

I don't think Togashi has had a real editor for HxH for a decade and a half now. They just let him do his thing partially because it sells, and because of the whole being locked in a hotel to draw Yu Yu Hakusho fiasco (assuming this isn't some kind of urban myth).

Furumapura 8

YQCwkVI.png

Shiori's a good friend. More people should have good friends like her. Anyway, it looks like the weakness recon mission was a success. The important thing is how she puts this information to use in the future.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
the gods lie.
NeQb.jpg

Yup. This is a good manga.

Zweizer

Banned
the gods lie.
NeQb.jpg

I enjoyed it, but I personally found the resolution a bit too abrupt.

I found a dungeon meshi (sfw) doujin in a melonbooks so I bought it

Which one is it? Pics plz

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi 24
Kensuke you bastard!
I thought someone going to be smart enough to upgrade Senshi tools to be more useful...
Oh my, no food involved in this chapter

Jintor

maybe mixed in with a little Soma? on at least two occasions her clothes burst off in an imagine spot because she ate something delicious. I think.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sengoku Youko Final battle ongoning

The Jinka flashback was pretty nice and I thought he would be some mindless beast throwing out random spirit energy, not complex spirit attacks that made Senya shit his pants

bjork

first new chapter of The Gamer in awhile

I wonder if Gnome's new form is going to look like one of the other female characters, like maybe the witch girl or something.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul :re 76

I feel like I should wait 3-4 more chapters and come back to this. shit ends quicker than bleach

This chapter was actually abnormally short (like half of a regular one).

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 76 (x-post)

Glad to see Furuta finally backed into a corner. I'm a bit worried for Eto here. Additionally, if Arima is like Furuta, Kaneki is absolutely fucked regardless, so I'm still counting on a disengage strategy after possibly inflicting his first wound.

Kaneki's realization about his 'voices' was great. I don't really see his current condition as a 'power up', just that he was panicking versus Arima and finally pulled himself together.

Zweizer

Banned
Happy Sugar Life ch5

Well, at least she's discovering a lot of emotions.

Furumapura ch8

Everyone has their weaknesses~

Well, she's not wrong.

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san ch18

Lovers' quarrels are so troublesome.

AKB49 ch209

Pretty much a battle manga in disguise, lol.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch473

Well then, this battle isn't over yet it would seem.

A good time to see how Kisui will fare against Kanki.

Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!! ch5

It's futile to try to resist her~

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sengoku Youko 92-96 plus bonus chapter

Bask in the glory that is the 4 page spread final battle (first protagonist vs second) of Sengoku Youko

2bMM7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom