• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

This chapter was actually abnormally short (like half of a regular one).

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 76 (x-post)

Glad to see Furuta finally backed into a corner. I'm a bit worried for Eto here. Additionally, if Arima is like Furuta, Kaneki is absolutely fucked regardless, so I'm still counting on a disengage strategy after possibly inflicting his first wound.

Kaneki's realization about his 'voices' was great. I don't really see his current condition as a 'power up', just that he was panicking versus Arima and finally pulled himself together.

Nah, it was normal length, it just had a truckload of double spreads.

Zweizer

Banned
Oniichan Control ch28

He's putting a surprisingly valiant struggle.

tZIg1jw.png

Can't say he isn't obedient.

Kieli

Gunjou no Magmel

The MC has an interesting Nen ability. It seems to be a combination of emission + conjuration.

He'll definitely need it in the dark continent.

Criminale! ch.1 - 8
What an unlucky MC, being surrounded by so many criminals and crazy folks. Or lucky in the case of stalker-chan, he should feel honored by her dedication to her obsession.

Crazy for You ch. 3
Most of the time there's fun in watching the object of a yandere's affection be the victim, but every now and then, I appreciate it when he has control over the situation.

Though that might also mean it could blow up pretty spectacularly later on. Either way, this is it for yandere versus childhood friend, so thankfully we get to see what new vermin Hiyori gets to (potentially) exterminate next chapter.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei ch.65 - 69
As Kobeni and Hakuya's relationship improves ever so slowly, Benio's mind slowly deteriorates in response...or at least readjusts itself to try and handle the situation better, for what good that'll do.

Happy Sugar Life ch.5
Nearly avoided one problem, and now another's presented itself. Satou's not catching a break anytime soon, huh?

Oniichan Control ch.28
As far as keeping a person tied up so you can do everything for them, you'd think Noa would have been more efficient by having Goushi tied to a chair than just lying on the sofa. At least he's got a hell of a lot of endurance to put up with these attacks.

Now to wait a year for the next chapter...

Dungeon Meshi 24

I really am constantly in awe of this author's talents. Her depiction of the dragon's inteligence is immensely enjoyable, especially when it decides to give chase, or the way it looks back at the mage after being hit with a coupla spells. It's just...a joy.

And then there's the way the thief reacted. No flashbacks. Just him looking, listening, knowing his partner, making the connections, and reacting accordingly.

Gods, there really is no manga that delivers as often as DM.

Gintama 587

I mean at this point the dude will be a bloody pulp before he comes too

Kingdom 473

Boss man slays... leaves with waifu in his arms

#Thug Status

Anyway it is basically going to be even harder for them now since that sleeping general is now re-awoken and likely will lead in PomPoms place

bakuon 1 - 6

So an anime of this is currently airing, which I enjoy. Since its based off a manga, I decided to start reading it. Its about girls in high school riding motorcycles. It's pretty funny, and I feel like they have the kind of conversations real people would about bikes and stuff.

6KZWgZL.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 76

Eto better murk this dude, I'm not gonna be happy if we find out next week Furuta's actually more powerful than her.

dani_dc

I am a Hero 211

Armpit licking, at this rate we'll have licking of different areas next chapter, if the giant zombie monster doesn't interfere that is.

The Little Match Girl 6
♪ Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did
♫

I'm curious what'll happen to her if/when the candle burns out. The return of the masochistic blob wasn't particularly welcome, but the introduction of Chimu as a kind of (less wholesome?) alternative to Rin definitely was. Been wondering who she was ever since I saw the vol 3 cover. I'm looking forward to the future interactions between them + their clientele.

Tejina Senpai 11

Damn, Assistant-kun is actually better at this stuff than she is. Despite him being a dirty, stinking traitor. What kind of degenerate would prefer video games to magic tricks?

Zweizer

Banned
A Kiss and a White Lily ch19.5

It'll be a proper date next time~

Tejina Senpai ch11

It ain't hard to be better at magic than her, sadly.

neogaf.gif

The Little Match Girl ch6

Well then, didn't expect another new addition to the cast. Looking forward to how their respective abilities will interact.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch13-14

Such a contrast between the two dates.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tejina senpai 11
Who need magic when you can play vidya games!

The little match girl 6

Oh, a rival. A candle that will make your true desire to become real, or a candle that grant you a fleeting fantasy? Rin is more of a neutral party, and most of her customer demise was caused by their own selfish desire. Her opponent is straight up in a monkey paw category. Can't wait to see both of them fight each other

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 29

I cannot get over the fact that Takagi is the perfect Heroine/Love Interest/Girl I've wished to be in a manga all these years. I wish every manga copied her exactly no matter what it was, shonen, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, everything. She's fucking awesome and Nishikata needs to catch on faster!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shiba occhan 11
LMAO, he forgot he's naked under that fur!

Fire punch 1-3

That was fucking intense. This is great. For once main character insane rampage was justified, since he's literally burning while feeling all that intense pain.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 29

Takagi too strong.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Punch 1-3

Everything is daijoubu
The edge is real

I was just ok with it. Like the Honda thing was kind of just solved on its own. I would've liked to have seen much more Rin throughout the series. The chapter prior to this just kind of explained all the mysteries quickly and this felt like it was wrapped up as quickly as possibly but not as neatly as possible.
Yeah, Honda's resolution was lol, especially how it was lampshaded in the manga with a "let's not think too deep on this." Girl was essentially either stringing him along or potentially using him to cheat? Who knows. And yeah, for the titular character, Rin definitely didn't get as much screen time as I would've liked.

Nonetheless, I still think the way the romance wrapped up was good. It's a sort of open end that I actually don't mind for once.

phaze

Nisekoi 216

Komi knows more about bridges in Poland then I do.
0k4tkrdk2jig.png

Nisekoi 217

Damn this really is ending.

Kosaki will finally win ... well one way or another.

Country Girl 3 -- 3 month time skip for a huge change in character for 3 close friends. Feels very forced but makes for good drama. Want to read more.

Jintor

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch35

It's nice to see everyone have fun~

Even though I know Akiba is mostly just a tourist trap nowadays, I still would like to go there one day.

one of the weird things about manga using irl locations most of the time is that you can unintentionally stay in places you've read about in manga. I realised after I stayed in tokyo once that I had accidentally air bnb'd a place slap bang in the middle of Otome Road

Zweizer

Banned
one of the weird things about manga using irl locations most of the time is that you can unintentionally stay in places you've read about in manga. I realised after I stayed in tokyo once that I had accidentally air bnb'd a place slap bang in the middle of Otome Road

That sounds pretty fun actually. The small unexpected surprises~

How was it there?

Zweizer

Banned
Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan ch16

Gee, that was pretty mean of her.

Hakoiri Drops ch25

Ayup, Ainoki's house is definitely the most fun.

ENSsLxa.png

A true bro.

DEAD Tube ch18

Should've seen it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom