• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gisèle Alain ch. 29

Not so sure about this Sophie girl or her arc. Hopefully the next chapter wraps everything up and we get back to more charming material after that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Desk War
A mangaka come home only to find that her stationary fighting against each other. The fight between writing and erasing faction finally come to an end when they decide to let the mangaka decide the result of their war. As for the result... let say, it was unexpected.

I feel like this is about leaving and old way and paving a new road. The stationary was a product of an old times. The mangaka, a young highschool student represent a new generation. Considering how Japan is one of a few modern country that still use fax and/or doing thing the old way with many peoples still holding a conservative views, i feel like Douman try to represent that condition using this manga.

Ending
As for the ending, what i get from it is how the young one are responsible for learning the new tools and to be responsible for what to come. Despite being stressed, she must remember there's time limit for everything and she must do her best before the end is near

Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary 1

Better than a few of the past new jump manga, but I have to admit I did skim some moments as I didnt care for some of the dialogue. I like Takuan's design, King Enma's daughter is bearable but the headbutt the netherregion and transforming scenes was a bit too much.

Good potential though nothing I would buy outside of the magazine.

Bring the best friend back please.

World Trigger 143

I didnt know that was possible with the scorpion, go Kuga.

Glad they are getting all the points this run, and Mikumo is actually being useful. This is really good.

BLack Clover 61
Cil1t7gVEAEvEfy.jpg

He looks great unmasked. Hope he does go to the surface, or best, if he manages to join the Black Bulls somehow.

Lain

Bloody Mary volume 1

Enjoyed reading this a lot. The relationship between Mary and Maria gives life to some funny situations, the art is nice, there are vampires and some secret and conspiracy.
Given how quickly some details were thrown into the mix I expect the story/revelations to move at a brisk pace.

Torikago Syndrome volume 1

While I enjoyed Bloody Mary a lot and thus I also grabbed this by the same author, Torikago Syndrome left me a bit disappointed. I didn't like the main character much (at least initially), too passive and weak, a weakness borne from his cowardice to stand up to others (he has his reasons to act the way he does but that only smudges the edges so much). At least by the end of the first volume he got more bold and daring, gaining points with me.
The rest of the cast isn't much better. I don't exactly like cruel people that are cruel just to be cruel and see other people despair. There is room for growth though and i'll look forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It was honestly one of the worst pieces of shit I've read in a while

It's weird how American Jump avoided having "Jump Starts" for fanservice heavy series like Lady Justice and Yuna-san, but they gave one to this. The very first panel is a detailed ass shot!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've sorta stopped reading the new Jump series since the Monjong and the Demon Guy batch. Any good/decent ones since then?

Nope.
There was a baseball series that was cancelled in the blink of an eye.
A TLR-esque fanservice series that is still going
A feudal Japan series that was really mediocre from the few chapters I read.
Boruto
And the latest series that just started which is really awful.

Okay then, I missed nothing of worth. Though this must be troubling for Jump considering their second biggest seller (AssClass) ended, two decent/goodish sellers (Toriko and Nisekoi) are ending by the end of the year and a good seller (Gintama) is wrapping up.

hamchan

Nisekoi

I'm Team Chitoge and it looks like things are progressing this way but it who knows, the author could go intro troll mode, pull an Ichigo 100% swerve and then give us an Onodera ending.

bobohoro

Catching up on manga after being away on vacation is always fun.

Boku No Hero Academia 90

I really hope this ends well. All Might dying is kinda certain, but at least let Bakugo leave, especially after the Kiri-rescue.

Prison School 214

Poor Joe, there's always one better at the things you excel at.

Hajime No Ippo 1133

I feel like Ippo's been at this exact same spot with this exact same idea a couple of times already.
Get on with it!

bigkrev

Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary

Yeah, this is really bad. They need to pick a new series up because Nisekoi is leaving, but I really hope they find something better than this
Shocked this even ran tbh because of the fanservice stuff, they usually skip those series.

Revo

Bungou Stray Dogs 27-28

So the mafia and agency will have to team up.
Enemy of your enemy is your friend i guess.

TheFlow

Banned
World trigger is my favorite battle manga and glad that the mc is finding his niche. Using his abilities to enhance his teammates is how it should of been.

Haikyuu- I am so glad we got done with that cats vs snakes match. I liked the background on the team but come on we all knew theh weren't going to lose. Also starting two matches after that super long match was a bad idea. Like damn it would of been better if team crow just traveled to Tokyo to watch the matches instead.

Seven deadly sins- every time you even start to doubt the quality of this Manga we get epic curbstomps. Keep it coming

My hero academia- each chapter is further cementing itself as a top tier comic so carry on. I wouldn't mind a time skip after the resolution of this epic battle.

Toriko- killing off or sealing away the best characters makes me sad but I understand the author has to make the heavenly 4 seem relevant.

I am definitely enjoying my fair share of jump now that naruto and Beelzebub ended and lol at bleach. Only read that to see the rest of the bankai.

I dropped HxH and I am watching jojo and Gintama instead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

We're about to redefine shitty endings as "Nisekoi-tier."

BLack Clover is on the rise. Haikyuu sells more than the sum total of Toriko and Nisekoi.

Black Clover still isn't hitting a rising star situation like Boku Hero, it could turn into something big, but its not showing it's sales prowess as quickly as I expected it would. Haikyuu's staying takes away some of the damage from AssClass ending, since without those two the sales gap between OP and the next top selling Jump franchise would be crazy high (though HxH being back could/should help that issue). But even so Jump is having a hard time cultivating new sellers right now, and nothing in the new batches of serializations look like they will be a help to that issue at all.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san ch.18
A lover's quarrel is a hell of a thing.

Though on the case of what was being argued about, managing hair in any form is a pain in the ass.

Takuan-not-gonna-write-whatever-fuck-the rest-is was one of the most well received oneshots in recent Jump history. I don't like it. Just please serialized Zippo already....

Ross61

I dropped Black Clover around Ch. 24-25. Does anyone know if it got better after that? Around that time I decided that it was just a generic shounen that was a replacement for Naruto. Also, most of the reaction that I was seeing was echoing those thoughts. So does it start to pick up after that, because I'm seeing more positive reaction.

Ray Down

Banned
I dropped Black Clover around Ch. 24-25. Does anyone know if it got better after that? Around that time I decided that it was just a generic shounen that was a replacement for Naruto. Also, most of the reaction that I was seeing was echoing those thoughts. So does it start to pick up after that, because I'm seeing more positive reaction.

IMO not really, the whole Licht being schooled by annoying Asta and the sealing shit.

Its still takes shit alot like other manga yet not being interesting and the characters still don't have much.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helch ch. 69.2

A light-hearted chapter? So refreshing indeed.

Gisèle Alain ch. 29.5

Indefinite hiatus, aight then.

SalvaPot

Japanese Readers Choose Sexiest Shonen Jump Villains

1. DIO BRANDO, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (71 votes)
1. HISOKA, Hunter × Hunter (71 votes)

about what i expected

The fact that they tied means everything is right with the world.

Might as well post the rest of the list:

3. LIGHT, Death Note (57 votes)
4. Raoh, Fist of the North Star (46 votes)
5. Takasugi, Gintama (40 votes)
6. Shishio, Rurouni Kenshin (39 votes)
7. Mukuro, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (30 votes)
8. Grimmjow, Bleach (29 votes)
9. Souther, Fist of the North Star (26 votes)
10. Sensui, YuYu Hakusho (24 votes)
11. Aizen, Bleach (23 votes)
11. Kars, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (23 votes)
13. Chrollo, Hunter × Hunter (21 votes)
14. Crocodile, One Piece (20 votes)
15. Toguro (younger), YuYu Hakusho (17 votes)
16. XANXUS, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (16 votes)
16. Funny Valentine, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (16 votes)
18. Byakuran, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (15 votes)
18. Saga, Saint Seiya (15 votes)
18. Pucci, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (15 votes)

I had no idea Crocodile was so popular, also, happy to see Katekyo Hitman Reborn in the list, its such a shame the last arc was not animated, I feel Enma would be there too if that was the case, even if he is hardly a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom