• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Haha, I thought I was gone for a long time, turns out to be only for 1.5 months.

Any new works that caught some of your eyes these days?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Haha, I thought I was gone for a long time, turns out to be only for 1.5 months.

Any new works that caught some of your eyes these days?

Kokkoku

Juri Yukawa lives with her NEET father and brother, her retired grandfather, her sister (a single mother) and her young nephew. One day, her nephew and brother are kidnapped for ransom. Having only 30 minutes to meet the demands of the kidnappers, Juri, who realizes there is not enough time to prepare the money, decides to head for their rescue by herself with knife in hand when her grandfather uses a mysterious stone passed on in the Yukawa family to stop time. In a world where everyone and everything are inert, Juri and her father and grandfather run to rescue the two. But at the kidnappers' hideout, they soon realize they are not the only ones who can move about in this still world.

Shiba Occhan

A SoL story about a society where father turn into a Shiba Inu after marriage

Helck

After demon lord was defeated, the demon world decide to do a competition to decide who will be the next demon lord. Comes Helck, a macho half naked human who enter the competition for an unknown reason. At first it looks like just another gag manga, but then it turn into a great fantasy adventure manga.

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

About Japanese restaurant that somehow connected to a fantasy world. Watch as the human from fantasy world enjoying a new kind of food.

The fact that they tied means everything is right with the world.

Might as well post the rest of the list:

3. LIGHT, Death Note (57 votes)
4. Raoh, Fist of the North Star (46 votes)
5. Takasugi, Gintama (40 votes)
6. Shishio, Rurouni Kenshin (39 votes)
7. Mukuro, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (30 votes)
8. Grimmjow, Bleach (29 votes)
9. Souther, Fist of the North Star (26 votes)
10. Sensui, YuYu Hakusho (24 votes)
11. Aizen, Bleach (23 votes)
11. Kars, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (23 votes)
13. Chrollo, Hunter × Hunter (21 votes)
14. Crocodile, One Piece (20 votes)
15. Toguro (younger), YuYu Hakusho (17 votes)
16. XANXUS, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (16 votes)
16. Funny Valentine, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (16 votes)
18. Byakuran, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (15 votes)
18. Saga, Saint Seiya (15 votes)
18. Pucci, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (15 votes)

I had no idea Crocodile was so popular, also, happy to see Katekyo Hitman Reborn in the list, its such a shame the last arc was not animated, I feel Enma would be there too if that was the case, even if he is hardly a villain.

YEs Light made the list, hes the hottest and still the Hottest of the choices.

In this ever-changing world where nothing stays the same from one moment to the next at least one thing remains constant: Japan has shit taste.

Actually, honestly speaking, I don't even know who I'd pick.

Akito

zC7Hfvo.jpg

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/187553

Molesting hand hype

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent vol. 9 (Innocent - fin.)

:whew: There is some real knockout art in this volume, even by Sakamoto's standards.

I knew there was a sequel to this (Innocent Rouge) so I wasn't expecting some big conclusions here, but enough had come to pass that I think it's a perfectly fine 'part one' stopping point. Marie Antoinette had a surprising (to her) realization, Marie-Joseph continued not taking anyone's shit and is seemingly about to put those executioner skills to good use quite soon, and Charles-Henri somehow deteriorated even further (chapter 89). Some real amusing bits pieced in throughout this volume too, like Bottomless Swamp, which caught me totally off guard. But, y'know, that kind of off the wall stuff makes Innocent the best.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So the new I Am Hero chapters are certainly awkward. Lemme lick those arm pits as a giant walking mass of zombie humanity is about to step on us.

bobohoro

Nana To Ryoko 147

That new pairing is really good.
Kaoru needs a tanned new girl as well.

Tomo-chan 326

Even misunderstandings can get the point across.

diaspora

Nana to Kaoru is surprisingly well written. Ecchiness of it aside the characters are better done than I would have thought from something like this.

Nana to Kaoru is surprisingly well written. Ecchiness of it aside the characters are better done than I would have thought from something like this.

When it comes to S&M it is a way better representation then pretty much everything else I can think of. It's more about trust and relationships and less about being rape-y like in 50 Shades of Grey

diaspora

When it comes to S&M it is a way better representation then pretty much everything else I can think of. It's more about trust and relationships and less about being rape-y like in 50 Shades of Grey
It, unlike anything else I can think of puts a lot of focus on Kaoru's fear of hurting them too.

Edit: Tachi is the real MVP constantly coming to their rescue.

Nana to Kaoru should be mandatory reading for people who are into or want to get into BDSM.

It's astonishing that a manga has the best representation of actual BDSM that I've seen.

Also helps that you want them to just fuck so bad

redlemon

Does anyone know what the status with Fantagraphics release of wandering son is?
I have up to volume four but it looks like its been a while since the last volume was released so I don't know if its worth continuing.

diaspora

Nana to Kaoru should be mandatory reading for people who are into or want to get into BDSM.

It's astonishing that a manga has the best representation of actual BDSM that I've seen.

At least the teacher got some. Also, the council president being into pegging with Kaoru helping him out was a decent side-story.

Revo

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 31

Glad to see that Kobayashi could help in her own way.
And damn instant victory.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Wow Yuu's kind of being a bag of dicks. Goes to this guy's house and starts getting mad at him for running over his girlfriend when his dead girlfriend's mom specifically told him that the guy wasn't actually responsible and that it was his girlfriend's fault.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

This arc is way too goddamn fucking long

It is literally meaningless who wins the race

Jintor

It, unlike anything else I can think of puts a lot of focus on Kaoru's fear of hurting them too.

Edit: Tachi is the real MVP constantly coming to their rescue.

Yep.

Angry Grimace

Yamada

I didn't even know the glasses girl knew about the witches.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 212

I guess at least this is over now? These past few chapters have been pretty suspect.

Although having caught up this weekend, I haven't really been feeling Hero past vol. 16 in general. Between this shit at the beach and the other group in the building with Asano Crocs, there hasn't been a whole lot to like this past volume and a half or so. Aside from whatever's going on with the zombies, which hasn't been focused much on.

dani_dc

Innocence Vol. 9

I find it hard to believe that Charles didn't figure out that Marie was the one that took care of her fiancee, or that this new marriage was clearly just a ploy for her to achieve her goals, he even acknowledges she has no love for the man she was trying to marry, and he's proven himself to be insightful enough to see through this type of ploy.

Charles relationship with his son was interesting to see though, he finds himself now in a position closer to that of his father and seeing his perspective as he's torturing his son out of love was an interesting contrast to the start of the series.

The introduction of a love interest to Marie via a flash back just to kill him 3-4 chapters later was a cheap ploy by the author, there was never any hint that Marie was interested in men, much less a particular man from her past that was never mentioned in the story.
It was just the means the found to justify whatever actions her character will take in the sequel.

Zweizer

Banned
Tejina Senpai ch12

Such a fearsome magician~

Slime-san to Yuusha Kenkyuubu ch3

Heroes are actually bad news.

Gotta say slimes tend to be unfairly underestimated, considering how versatile their form is.

Madoka and Mei's Secret Workshop ch4

Gee, that wasn't wise at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom