• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 54

Yo @ that pet fish bit. Uncomfortable. Also the part with Damo using a coin
to shred Gappy's arm as he threw a punch
was creative and also further demonstrates how devastating Vitamin C can be.

I'm glad this didn't go down the more obvious route of Gappy
getting healed up and taking on Damo himself, instead helping out Hato who gave Damo a beatdown.
The kicking through the glass door panel on page 30 was pretty hype, actually.

Lain

Vinland Saga volume 16
Y6Qb.jpg

Man oh man, seeing Thorfinn finally meet the deserved retribution for all the shit he did for his revenge. I hope that dart will pierce right through the heart and he dies there. If he doesn't die in volume 17, I'll be mighty, mighty disappointed.

I'm sure he won't die so no need to laugh at me.

JoJolion 54

Hato's stand is fucking badass. Damo was a hell of a villain and the best body horror Araki has ever done which is saying A LOT. This is the best JJL arc so far.

Vinland Saga 1

This is quite good. The art is excellent, with good framing and smooth panel flow, and the presentation of medieval combat is brutally compelling. I liked how the Vikings were presented as unconventional strategists who cut through conventional Frankish military wisdom. The characters haven't really come into their own yet, given the situation, but the revenge backstory for Thorfinn has promise. The one thing I didn't like was the cartoonish villain leading the Frankish seige, of course introduced as he sloppily chows down on an elaborate meal. Even his short and fat visual design was strikingly out of place compared to all the other characters.

Vinland Saga is really, really good. The cartoonish stuff gets toned down as it goes on, but sometimes certain characters make some goofy faces in non serious scenes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope Hato's Stand isn't boring.

Extending things is pretty dull for JoJolion. It needs to be 50% incomprehensible at the very least.

I hope Hato's Stand isn't boring.

Extending things is pretty dull for JoJolion. It needs to be 50% incomprehensible at the very least.

I'm sure it will turn out something extremely complicated. She's walking on the wall at the end there so maybe it's just the opposite of Vitamin C and she hardens?

Or she's a T-1000

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
jitsu wa watashi wa 125
Ay lmao. The future refused to change

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 169

I have no idea what's going on with this manga, but i'll stick with it because i want to see this fuckery end

Jojolion 54

Damo is goddamn brutal. Letting a tropical fish swim into your body? Shit is fucked up.
I'm sure Hato stand is to extend and harden stuff, at least that's how i see it. I guess it's time for Hato to penetrate Damo

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 328

Congratulation gameboy. You did it.

The Sister of the Woods With a Thousand Young

I think i've read the NSFW version of this before...

MANUELF

Banned
To Love Ru Darkness 67
OH MY!!!!!!
A THREESOME!!!!!

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 125
OH MY!!!!!
What will happen next?
I cant wait to see what happens, no one of those presents knew her secret

dani_dc

Jojolion ch. 54

Yo @ that pet fish bit. Uncomfortable. Also the part with Damo using a coin
to shred Gappy's arm as he threw a punch
was creative and also further demonstrates how devastating Vitamin C can be.

I'm glad this didn't go down the more obvious route of Gappy
getting healed up and taking on Damo himself, instead helping out Hato who gave Damo a beatdown.
The kicking through the glass door panel on page 30 was pretty hype, actually.

How did he Hato though?
I thought she was also affected by Damo stand.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, what striferser said. Also notice how Damo spots bubbles near a fireplace after he sees she's not hurt. He quickly realized what Gappy did.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch328

Game boy be dirty.

Nukoduke! ch76

The four of them were so close.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch125

RIP Shiho.

One Piece 826

Oh my seeing all his siblings is really wicked

thought he'd only have bros too
Brook fell head over heels or Sanji's Sister lol

Bleach

The two parents arrive

Hunter x Hunter 354

This is just the best fight.

For those confused, here's how Chrollo pulled off that trick.

Activate Gallery fake->Set with bookmark->make copies->Book open to Sun and Moon-> Left hand marks copies->Activate Order stamp with Book->Stamp and Order.

While in Hisoka's mind the sequence of events went a little like this.
Activate Gallery fake->Set with bookmark->Activate Order stamp with Book->Stamp and Order.

The special property of Sun and Moon to persist after death means that it can persist after the book is closed, so through the special interaction of Nen, copies made by gallery fake will remain if he uses a different ability as long as the seals are affixed to the fakes first because the seals can't vanish and if the copies vanish the seals will as well.

When the stamp mark vanished, it was concluded by Hisoka that Chrollo closed the book in order to activate gallery fake, in reality, he moved the bookmark to convert hands->closed the book->Right hand to create a Chrollo copy->Open to Black Voice->Control.

Again, this is just the best fight.

Kyuur

Bleach 674

They arrive! Not soon enough to save this arc, unfortunately. Also Byakuya turned into a Fairy Tail character.

One Piece 826

I have a ton of problems with this chapter: Luffy's poison situation not just being for gags last chapter like I thought, Chopper's inability to do anything about it and the subsequent deus ex vinsmoke to fix it.

That being said, it's cool to see Sanji's family. They seem to have some of gear that allows them to essentially Geppo around, I wonder if Sanji thought back to his childhood when he taught himself how to do that over the timeskip. I also am trying to figure out what fruit the sister has, is there some sort of moth or butterfly that feeds on venomous creatures?

Ending is hype. Jinbei is the perfect inside man for this job!

Hunter X Hunter

I had a feeling it would be a fake once he started getting combo'd. I'm not sure I'm quite getting the revelation at the end though: Gallery Fake doesn't need to be 'active' for the clones to persist, does it? It's not quite clear how Bandit's Secret interacts with Conjuration type Nen, which typically does not require continual Nen usage after the object has manifested. I guess if it is required to be bookmarked or opened, the idea is that Gallery Fake clones won't disappear while Sun & Moon has been affixed, allowing him to bookmark Convert Hands and use Black Voice with the book open?

Either way this is god damn fantastic. Such a fun, well choreographed fight so far. I can easily see this going all the way until Hiatus :lol:

upandaway

One Piece

Hoping to see more of the Sanji siblings later. I guess butterfly girl is the oldest one if she's Reiju. They were pretty cool.

Not gonna lie when she said they were lost I was hoping they'd tag along but oh well. Jinbe hype

Hunter x Hunter

c070BnH.png

Man who is this guy. I swear I saw him before. Did we see him before? I could swear we did. He's so familiar. He's wearing a karate thing too. Who is this dude. Maybe a lookalike from a different manga.

And yeah this fight's amazing so far. Definitely didn't expect so much strategy after more than a chapter of explanations.

dr labson

Neo Member
Boku no Hero Chapter 91

All Might's death flag is getting stronger. All for One is probably gonna die too with his life support helmet broken by All Might.

I also wouldn't mind a time skip after this arc.
Hero Academia is really picking up lately, keep it up Horikoshi!

Kieli

One Piece

Hoping to see more of the Sanji siblings later. I guess butterfly girl is the oldest one if she's Reiju. They were pretty cool.

Not gonna lie when she said they were lost I was hoping they'd tag along but oh well. Jinbe hype

Hunter x Hunter

c070BnH.png

Man who is this guy. I swear I saw him before. Did we see him before? I could swear we did. He's so familiar. He's wearing a karate thing too. Who is this dude. Maybe a lookalike from a different manga.

And yeah this fight's amazing so far. Definitely didn't expect so much strategy after more than a chapter of explanations.

Kinda looks like the scissor dude from Greed Island. Kinda.

Bleach 674

Woah what??? Hold the phone, stuff HAPPENED IN BLEACH??????

(still shit tho)

HxH 354

Hisoka is killing dudes with a human head. HXH, ITS A SHONEN

One Piece 826

I had to stare at that cover page for a minute to figure out that was Mihawk and not Lucci.

Sanji's brother is called Yonji. Ichiji and Niji to appear at a later point.

BokuHero 91

RIP All Might. For real this time.

Soma 167

the fucking tease at the end lmao

bobohoro

Bleach 674

Let Isshin team up with Aizen and Chair-sama to wreck everyone and let the manga end.

One Piece 826

So much goodness in here. Reiju alone was awesome enough, but Jinbe getting involved will make for some fun twists.

Tomo-chan 328

You really only cleared the tutorial Jun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom