• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Onodera just being around is actually pretty annoying. At this point it would be a stupid asspull if she won. I think Komi kind of fucked up in figuring out how to resolve this arc without making her just feel like a random third-wheel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Azami's system sounds like a billion times better as an educational institution than Senzubean's if all of the random students are making Elite 10 level dishes.

The "shut down all restaurants" thing sounds dumb, but that could have been fixed by simply phrasing it differently since you could functionally accomplish that if your school was a machine for Elite 10-style cooking. The fact that all the students COULD make E10 level dishes and weren't pretty much tells you the faculty apparently fucking sucked before Azami took over.

I think its supposed to be that yes they all can make amazing dishes but there is no personal flair to it, you can't see the cook in the dish, all you can see is Azami. deep

Zweizer

Banned
Sakamoto desu ga? ch20

It's all about dat population density.

My Hero Academia ch91

I guess we're getting a flashback before All Might dies.

Thinking about the latest Jitsu wa watashi wa chapters. I'm wondering who the charismatic pervert II is. Because it seems obvious its not Shiho.

tomo 328

You still have a lot of work to do Jun

Angry Grimace

Prediction: Erina will tell Soma that while she isn't sure she can approve of his cooking, she agrees that they need to fight Azami's plan. However, the best way to do it is to remain at Totsuki; therefore, since Soma is the "leader" of the 1st Year Revolution, she asks him to tell everyone to simply comply with Azami's method at least during the promotion exam. Soma considers it, but tells Erina that's not his ninja way: the reason he loves Totsuki is the competition and using it to hone a unique way of cooking that's never been done before. Erina has a flashback to all of Soma's previous actions and dishes and comes to realize that he's right and that she hasn't been giving the guy a fair shake; they need to fight Azami directly even if they're risking explusion. The next day after class, Erina asks Soma to walk back to the dorm with her. Lewd hand-holding occurs. When they get back to the dorm and the rest of the people in the dorm are surprised to see them together, Erina tells everyone they're now dating, much to Soma's surprise. However, he doesn't object.

Then, on the way to the exams, Erina gets hit by a truck driven by Tadokoro's father and dies.

G.ZZZ

Toriko 371

Toriko confirmed stronger than Jirou and Midora and Ichiryuu right now. Went from low tier to over god tier in 5 chapters. Let's piss some more on this manga Shonen Jump, why not.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
Somehow i totally missed the name->number thing until MetroidPrimeRib mentioned it. I like Yonji.
Do you guys think that those shoes are powered by Skypea dials or the siblings are just that strong?

Toriko
Rushed and all but somehow i'm enjoying this... would've been better if it did go on a less stupid pace but that's it...

Boku no Hero Academia
We'll finally know who's that... male? female? Gran Torino's love? All Might's parent?

Hunter X Hunter
This chapter's art was superb and none of the two had weird noses, i'm really gonna miss this when it'll eventually re-enter in hiatus.

Shokugeki no Soma
Look at all those expressionless zombies from Central.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hunter x Hunter

c070BnH.png

Man who is this guy. I swear I saw him before. Did we see him before? I could swear we did. He's so familiar. He's wearing a karate thing too. Who is this dude. Maybe a lookalike from a different manga.

And yeah this fight's amazing so far. Definitely didn't expect so much strategy after more than a chapter of explanations.
He has the same facial structure as the Chameleon dude from the Chimera Ant arc. But it's obviously not him.

Toriko 371

LMAO this chapter was serious but the shutdown and faces people made here

Acacia basically having a trolling I don't give a fuck face and Joei being shutdown by Toriko when she tried to brag about defeating Midora

So basically Acacia was running away from hit fate of his gourmet Beast but in the end in order to find new taste beyond this planet he had to give in to his real self (the BEAST). Before that he basically entrusted his will to Ichiryuu who later went of making the IGO, etc...

Also hope is apparently a measurable/communicative thing now that on with acute senses can read

Killer Killer 2

This is really bizarre knowing it's Danganronpa in disguise. I wonder if that was always the plan or it was shoe-horned in. Knowing Kodaka, it's probably the former.

kasane

Nisekoi

All this emphasis on Chitoge but image if Onodeera still straight out of left field won
Twgok part deux

Anyways peeked at daiya no ace since i caught up with kingdom. And mc is still inferior in every way to furuya, at this point author is running out of time to make yhe mc actually great

First time posting here, am I doing it right?

Haikyuu

In classic manga fashion Sakusa doesnt look like his original shadow. Hell, he looks like a less bishie Yukimura from POT. Still like his design though. But now I dont expect Kiryu to look like a badass Tanaka.

Twgok part deux

Anyways peeked at daiya no ace since i caught up with kingdom. And mc is still inferior in every way to furuya, at this point author is running out of time to make yhe mc actually great
If you read those two you should read Vinland Saga
First time posting here, am I doing it right?

Haikyuu

In classic manga fashion Sakusa doesnt look like his original shadow. Hell, he looks like a less bishie Yukimura from POT. Still like his design though. But now I dont expect Kiryu to look like a badass Tanaka.
Welcome to MangaGAF don't let these guys scare you

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

All this emphasis on Chitoge but imagine if Onodeera still straight out of left field won
It's a choice between the super hot rich girl he already has a functional romantic relationship with, or the super hot girl who works at the bakery who he can barely hold a conversation with. The fact that option 2 is a legitimate one shows how much they rushed the ending.

Azami's system sounds like a billion times better as an educational institution than Senzubean's if all of the random students are making Elite 10 level dishes.

The "shut down all restaurants" thing sounds dumb, but that could have been fixed by simply phrasing it differently since you could functionally accomplish that if your school was a machine for Elite 10-style cooking. The fact that all the students COULD make E10 level dishes and weren't pretty much tells you the faculty apparently fucking sucked before Azami took over.

While I agree that its a good thing that students can make high level food. And the purpose of the school is to make its students into great chefs. Especially if they can make E10 level dishes.

However, taste is subjective, and having different cooking styles is important. If everyone makes the same food, what is going to set one person apart from the other. Every restaurant will end up the same, which would be boring. Its like going to a fast food restaurant, they're everywhere and you always get the same food no matter which one you go to. Well, except the taste would be better.

Prediction: Erina will tell Soma that while she isn't sure she can approve of his cooking, she agrees that they need to fight Azami's plan. However, the best way to do it is to remain at Totsuki; therefore, since Soma is the "leader" of the 1st Year Revolution, she asks him to tell everyone to simply comply with Azami's method at least during the promotion exam. Soma considers it, but tells Erina that's not his ninja way: the reason he loves Totsuki is the competition and using it to hone a unique way of cooking that's never been done before. Erina has a flashback to all of Soma's previous actions and dishes and comes to realize that he's right and that she hasn't been giving the guy a fair shake; they need to fight Azami directly even if they're risking explusion. The next day after class, Erina asks Soma to walk back to the dorm with her. Lewd hand-holding occurs. When they get back to the dorm and the rest of the people in the dorm are surprised to see them together, Erina tells everyone they're now dating, much to Soma's surprise. However, he doesn't object.

Then, on the way to the exams, Erina gets hit by a truck driven by Tadokoro's father and dies.

Oh hell nah! :'v

The rest was fine tho.

I challenge that!
I am the only normal one here

also the coolest

*puts self on high pedestal
It's a choice between the super hot rich girl he already has a functional romantic relationship with, or the super hot girl who works at the bakery who he can barely hold a conversation with. The fact that option 2 is a legitimate one shows how much they rushed the ending.

it isn't even an excuse of being a rushed ending

literally all the times Onodeera had some alone arcs with Raku literally nothing happened relative the the plot progress for everyone else

Raku though suffered dramatically as a character too for not getting anywhere either with his so called crush

bigkrev

It's kinda sad/funny that a series that has felt like filler 75% of it's publication run is having a rushed ending

Boku no Hero 91

Okay I expect All Might to lose but that stupid All for One guy continues to annoy me

not for being a villain but constantly giving his villain fodder chances again to capture the kid

I mean they fail and fail but he constantly opens a wormhole and tosses them out of danger again to try again

Goodness please don't let that kid join the dark side after all of this

dani_dc

Gappy transport Hato out of Damo stand range using Soft and& Wet. And any object that got out of Damo range turn back to normal.
I didnt realize his stand was range based, that makes sense though thanks!

I wouldn't mind if HunterXHunter was a manga about Hisoka fighting.

It's the best part the series anyway.

Option 2 would always be a legitimate one no matter how long the series went, just the nature of the genre.

random25

If Raku actually end up with Kosaki I might go back and read how it happened. Chitoge ending is already expected so there's no real surprise if that's how it goes.

diaspora

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains ch19

The Pres is such a fucking weirdo it's fantastic. The "my phone is waterproof" and "you're talking to a naked man" jokes fucking slayed me.

TheFlow

Banned
toriko had a non action chapter and it was still awesome. Verbal smackdown on all levels.

Haikyuu's latest chapter got me hyped

MHA- hory shit. manga keeps getting better and better.

One piece- everytime you get a chapter, you get a lot of info. love it. 5/5 keep it coming

Right now Haikyuu and MHA got me begging for the next chapter.

MANUELF

Banned

Yeah Raku cant hold a conversation with Onodera while he can quite easily with Chitoge

Make it so.

Yeah Raku can't hold a conversation with Onodera while he can quite easily with Chitoge.

Yup. Besides, he already did the "first person to flash into your head" thing in a way when he was thinking of how he likes Kosaki but Chitoge popped in his mind. With the way it's been written anything other than a Chitoge end would be a Naruto-style asspull.

VRMN

Twgok part deux

Just want to point out that TWGOK is infinite times better written than Nisekoi and that the TWGOK winner had been obvious for two years before its conclusion.
The girl who liked him before he "conquered" her and the only non-goddess/demon relevant to the plot. How out of left field!

Anyway, I do get the feeling that Kosaki is either going to win as a fuck you from Komi or just have the most unsatisfying and mean-spirited rejection scene. Not actually sure which will be worse, but I do still lean that Chitoge wins just because it's basically what I've been thinking all along: Kosaki is promised girl, but Raku chooses Chitoge because, per the theme of the manga, present feelings trump past, long forgotten, emotions, and it was Raku's shallow, if earnest, feelings for Kosaki that was the titular false love.

I just don't have all that much faith that Komi himself gets his own theme's implications and will just go for the Kosaki win because trollolol

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 19

damn, really wanted that date chapter
an alright substitution, hoping we get more of the new character

VRMN

I've rarely been more okay with a fake date chapter. Ai might already be the best character for how she understands and deals with Kaguya's quirks. Well, unless the Chika secretly being the puppetmaster for both Miyuki and Kaguya thing plays out to be true.

Hoping we get more of Miyuki's dad and siblings. They seem like fun.

diaspora

I've rarely been more okay with a fake date chapter. Ai might already be the best character for how she understands and deals with Kaguya's quirks. Well, unless the Chika secretly being the puppetmaster for both Miyuki and Kaguya thing plays out to be true.

Hoping we get more of Miyuki's dad and siblings. They seem like fun.
Miyuki himself is hilarious too, not understanding why answering the phone in the bath is weird and thinking it's OK cause it's waterproof.

VRMN

Miyuki himself is hilarious too, not understanding why answering the phone in the bath is weird and thinking it's OK cause it's waterproof.

They're both super weird and hilarious, but yeah, Miyuki took the cake in this chapter. Though the way his dad answered his son's cell was a decent indicator as to where he got it from.

Revo

Zetsuen no Tempest 44 (end)

Good ending. Space company stuff is lol though.
This+the epilogue stuff has left me perfectly satisfied.
And Aika so best girl.

Let's Lagoon 29-30.5
Holy shit, it's been resurrected. The last release was nearly 3 years ago so I'd basically given up hope. My recollection was that the story could be slightly confusing at times, but despite that it was pretty easy to pick up where things left off. Nori v Chika is still an absolute no contest. It's a shame the latter didn't get smacked harder by Mr Mystery Man.

jman2050

Tomo-chan 329

She's kind of young to be forgetting her own birthday. Then again that started happening to me a few years ago and I'm only in my 20s.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan 329

She's kind of young to be forgetting her own birthday. Then again that started happening to me a few years ago and I'm only in my 20s.

Before approaching my birthday i have to seriously think what's my age because, once entered the 20s you really don't care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom