• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada

Taunting them with visions of a world where Odagiri won

Revo

Working!! 138

can never forget about senpai

Black Haze 163

Blow just ordering everyone around like a real king.

UQ Holder

You gotta be kidding me. Demonstrating how powerful Negi has become by having him sneeze and cause an entire stadium's clothes to explode
KuGsj.gif
Goddamnit Ken

Ability to remove clothes is how he shows power levels.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mother 2: Giygas Strikes Back - Ness's Adventure Memoirs 1-13 END

That's not how I envisioned Giygas looking at all, but attempting to give him a form in the first place was an impossible task
Have you never played the game

Have you never played the game

I have but I always interpreted Giygas as having no real corporeal form and essentially just exists like a wholly separate dimension comprised entirely of him because his guilt, rage and hatred destroyed his body and mind and thats why he had to be kept in the Devil Machine. At least something beyond comprehension or physical form.

Also the fact he talks is weird.

Let's Lagoon 42

Come to think of it, future MC returning by himself(?) does make me more curious about what fate's befallen the other two. Chika's presumably still MIA if he's come back, but I'm more concerned about where the shark fighter is.

Tejina Senpai 16

And then she became one of the school's 7 mysteries. I think I've read a doujin that started this way.

Also the next step on my Madoka splurge might've been a step too far:

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch348

Don't do it Tomo!

Tejina Senpai ch16

At least it was a success!

Happy Sugar Life ch6

Lots of people looking for her.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch16

This went surprisingly well considering this bunch.

dani_dc

NHK 9

She had a hidden mic in his room for some reason.
I can only see this ending well.

Suicide meeting, now that won't end up badly.

dani_dc

NHK 10

So he actually tried to commit suicide.
The ending of the chapter was odd, they save him and then just go their way, you'd imagine they'd be more concerned after this, especially his friend that took him there.

A World Without Freedom 1-6 (END)

Yuri yuriness from the Netsuzou Trap author, in which an emotionally unstable girl uses guilt to keep her waifu chained up. Not literally, sadly. The writing didn't do justice to the premise, and combined with the brief length it was difficult to become attached to the pairing, which in turn lessened the dramatic impact of their interactions. Still, the story being rounded out unexpectedly well in the final chapter means I'll come away from it with somewhat positive feelings.

Whoa, must've been expensive.
It's fine, I'm pretty sure I can get through life with only one kidney.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My Road to Mangaka (temp.)
An autobiography manga about Mizukami Satoshi journey as he starting to become a mangaka. He's a college drop out, attend manga school, and he basically make a lot of bad draft during his early years. Quite inspirational.

dani_dc

My Road to Mangaka (temp.)
An autobiography manga about Mizukami Satoshi journey as he starting to become a mangaka. He's a college drop out, attend manga school, and he basically make a lot of bad draft during his early years. Quite inspirational.

This sounds like something I could appreciate.
I'll have to check.

Fairy Tail 488

Mest is just simply the worst. Brandish managed to convince August to diplomacy and you make her stab him afterwards? Serious trust issues.

Zweizer

Banned
A Kiss and a White Lily ch22

Shiramine's still got some issues.

Attack on Titan ch82

They managed to turn things around surprisingly fast.

bobohoro

NHK 9

She had a hidden mic in his room for some reason.
I can only see this ending well.

Suicide meeting, now that won't end up badly.

Oh, that brings back memories. The first manga I owned physical, still one of the best.
Although I slightly prefer the anime.

UQ Holder 126

That's one broken team.

Tomo-chan 348

It's a trap.

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo 857

God fucking dammit, are
Ippo and Kumi ever gonna progress?
I love Itagaki now, i wouldn't mind if he become the de facto protagonist.
Lol who is this fresh-faced young boy that Ippo is fighting next? Mowgli from the jungle book?

Oddman 11 latest

boy, that escalated quickly

We need another Hotel Voynich, stat.

Tejina Senpai 16

Idiot. Boobs. Bam, just spoiled the next 5 chapters for you.

Hajimete no Gal 1-5

Story of a fucking piece of shit garbage pussy MC and his awful fucking shitbag friends daring him to convince to a gyaru gal who makes fun of him then says she'll go out with him.

I'm reading this because the gyaru gal is fun and a good character but I swear to god I got into an argument about this dumb fucking manga with a bunch of people elsewhere because everything else about this manga is garbage bag tier and almost insulting. I also am fully expecting, since everything else about this manga is awful, for it to be revealed all along that "gasp the slutty character has actually never even held hands with a boy!" like every other fucking aggressive, owns her sexuality female in every manga that has existed since the beginning of time.

This manga just reinforces my utter LOATHING of Japan's backward-ass awful views on female sexuality and what's right and proper and how girl's should let the man take the lead and blah blah vomit UGH.

So yeah, gyaru girl is cool. Hope the MC eats a bullet.

Tomo Whatever

Get this garbage tier Tomo shit outta here, before I go on another rant like above.

Samon-kun the Summoner 11

Manga was okay in the beginning but I think it's actually starting to hit it's stride. The humor is connecting more and more and seeing Samon's fallibilityreally helped make his antics much more palatable. Love Nebiros. Angrya Mainu is also entertaining as hell. This is a fun read.

Alice in Borderland 48

Oh my god the two dudes survived absolutely no one saw this coming.

Miracle Hero-nim 11

Those things are still creeping me out. Shouldn't have touched them, dude.

T-rex na Kanojo 25+26

Trica is still awful. Also kinda want MC and Rex to just fuck already, their antics are wearing on me.

Fire Punch 7+8

Dogfucker! I knew it!

And I just knew it was gonna be one of those "dude regrets his actions" things. No way it was going to be as easy as "He's still an asshole, FIRE PAUNCH"

Black Clover 64

I think the reason I like this series is because it's like that samurai shonen that came out a while back; fights last like 2 or 3 chapters (except the samurai one always ended in someone dying). The pacing on this is like greased lightning which means a lot of the character's aren't developed but the humor is there and the fights are fun so who fucking cares.

7 Deadly Sins 177

Maybe he'll stay dead.

Fuck Meliodas.

Yandere Kanojo 71.5

Everything will go well and just as planned!

Criminale 15+16

Stalker-chan has no hope, Phantom Thief's intro got a two page spread and split page looking at each other. Manga ain't subtle when it comes to canon pairings.

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. 1+2

Superior gyaru manga. Dude who keeps to himself and is good at art gets roped into doing a gyaru girl's make-up by the art teacher. Surprisingly good characters and funny antagonism between the two leads. Gyaru wants to keep her plain appearance without that stuff from her friends in fear she'll lose them, art dude does it because she's actually a very nice girl who thinks of others all the time.

Arabesque

UQ Holder 126

Guessing the 4 on Negi's team are all fakes from Cosmo Entelecheia. Still, crazy line up.

UQ Holder 126

Wait, is Ikku a woman.

It is such a weird thing when Santa and Tota didn't lose their clothe lol I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Ikku was a women just so that Ken can have more whacky hijinx in the future.

Though that would mean Kuromaru would lose his gimmick.

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch222

Looks like the survivors are gathering one way or another.

We need another Hotel Voynich, stat.

Or any new Dowman Sayman series for that matter.

Hajimete no Gal 1-5

Story of a fucking piece of shit garbage pussy MC and his awful fucking shitbag friends daring him to convince to a gyaru gal who makes fun of him then says she'll go out with him.

I'm reading this because the gyaru gal is fun and a good character but I swear to god I got into an argument about this dumb fucking manga with a bunch of people elsewhere because everything else about this manga is garbage bag tier and almost insulting. I also am fully expecting, since everything else about this manga is awful, for it to be revealed all along that "gasp the slutty character has actually never even held hands with a boy!" like every other fucking aggressive, owns her sexuality female in every manga that has existed since the beginning of time.

This manga just reinforces my utter LOATHING of Japan's backward-ass awful views on female sexuality and what's right and proper and how girl's should let the man take the lead and blah blah vomit UGH.

So yeah, gyaru girl is cool. Hope the MC eats a bullet.

You had me interested at gyaru, but then the rest turned me off at lightspeed, shame. I agree with your rant, for what is worth.

Yeah, she's actually a really fun character. I like her teasing and her seriousness and the general lack of easy tropes that she would normally hit but I'm really dreading that other shoe dropping.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa Shock 128

I couldn't deal with Shiho in this chapter. First the page with her super embarassed and then her confession page. Goddam the way she was drawn there. Poor Shiho.

Jintor

Wait does that mean you hate Galko gyaru as well?

Galko does fall into the stereotypical 'oh actually she doesn't do the sex at all' thing joke but since the manga is actually closer to a SYD gag comedy (or friend comedy) than anything approaching having an actual story or plot, I don't think it's as important. Also Galko is great.

Also one of the few anime/manga I've ever seen where the girls actually have varying body types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom