• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch1-2 by Nagashii Kouhei and Ishigana

ByR3aK3.png

Gyarus are the best.

Your usual brooding loner high school protagonist experiences a busier than usual day, and gets to see a hidden side of one of his classmates, a popular gyaru girl. The next day, his art teacher suddenly asks him to help that very same classmate to do her makeup from now on.

The saddening implication that girls need makeup aside, it's off to an entertaining start.

Gyarus are the best.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

I was spoiled all day from all directions about Hisoka not being dead but WOW man. wow. That was intense. Holy crap he just offed two of them like nothing. If Hisoka's not taking the straightforward approach then he might have a chance despite how much Chrollo destroyed him.

Holy crap man. I wonder why he left Machi alive. Dude that was a crazy chapter. What is happening.

Gonna have to take some time to digest all of this. sheesh

Erigu

Was over at the Skullknight forums and they said that along with a new chapter that the next release all comes out with the very first chapter of the manga.
I believe it won't be the first episode, but actually the last episode they ran (back in... December, was it?).

HxH 357

Somewhat disappointed with how this went down. Guess Togashi isn't as ballsy as I thought. Hisoka just killing two Spiders out of nowhere was pretty awesome though. Kinda feels cheap that Hisoka cheated death Enel-style for him to immediately cut down two other characters

BokuHero 94

I guess this is the death of Superman, the idea, yet Clark Kent still lives.

Kyuur

Hunter X Hunter 357

I guess brain damage from extended cardiac arrest isn't a thing.

Such a shame that he forgot about his ability to instantly recreate his lost limbs during the fight he just had.

My thought is that this is mostly for appearances -- there's some debate around whether the panel of his foot right before he attacks Shalnark is his foot 'failing' or some sort of boost. I want to think the former.

Shouta

Hunter x Hunter

I was spoiled all day from all directions about Hisoka not being dead but WOW man. wow. That was intense. Holy crap he just offed two of them like nothing. If Hisoka's not taking the straightforward approach then he might have a chance despite how much Chrollo destroyed him.

Holy crap man. I wonder why he left Machi alive. Dude that was a crazy chapter. What is happening.

Gonna have to take some time to digest all of this. sheesh

I think Hisoka can take the straightforward approach but the issue is where he does it. As he says, fighting Chrollo while being swarmed was bad. Change the situation and the fight will be different. Heck, I suspect that Chrollo specifically chose that avenue to fight him because of all the spectators.

I see what HIsoka is doing now though. He's killing off the Spiders so Chrollo can't use their abilities. He killed off Shalnark and Kortopi immediately as those two had key abilities that served Chrollo in their fight.

He left Machi alive because she was supposed to send them a warning but he might have a soft spot for her and he might actually have left her there so that she couldn't stitch up the others until they were clearly dead, lol.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

@ dani I don't think he would have gained much from remaking his limbs in the middle of the fight except waste concentration and aura. It's also possible that he can only do it now because his Nen might have gotten stronger after experiencing death (I'm not sure if this is how it even works though)?

I think Hisoka can take the straightforward approach but the issue is where he does it. As he says, fighting Chrollo while being swarmed was bad. Change the situation and the fight will be different. Heck, I suspect that Chrollo specifically chose that avenue to fight him because of all the spectators.

I see what HIsoka is doing now though. He's killing off the Spiders so Chrollo can't use their abilities. He killed off Shalnark and Kortopi immediately as those two had key abilities that served Chrollo in their fight.

He left Machi alive because she was supposed to send them a warning but he might have a soft spot for her and he might actually have left her there so that she couldn't stitch up the others until they were clearly dead, lol.
Wait was that Kortopi's ability he used? I thought it was a different ability. Good point about Shalnark though, Chrollo just lost that, although I don't he'd use it against Hisoka again. Chrollo clearly had the advantage for the fight but I think he would have won in a fair fight too, now it's whether he would win when Hisoka has an advantage.

If Hisoka can really pull off a spider massacre that'll be pretty impressive, but Kurapika was also doing well for the first couple and then he hit a wall pretty quickly

Moaradin

Hunter x Hunter

Wait was that Kortopi's ability he used? I thought it was a different ability. Good point about Shalnark though, Chrollo just lost that, although I don't he'd use it against Hisoka again. Chrollo clearly had the advantage for the fight but I think he would have won in a fair fight too, now it's whether he would win when Hisoka has an advantage.

If Hisoka can really pull off a spider massacre that'll be pretty impressive, but Kurapika was also doing well for the first couple and then he hit a wall pretty quickly

Gallery Fake. The most key ability Chrollo had for his strategy.

Hisoka just took out 2 Spiders yeah, but they are the physically weakest of the Spiders.

He might be able to kill Shizuku and Bonolenov, but what happens when he has to take on Feitan, especially if they decide to gang up on him?

upandaway

Hero Academia

I guess All Might survived but just can't use super strength anymore? I never joined the "he's gonna die" chants so I guess I'm a bit justified.

A time skip is obviously happening at some point but I'm not sure yet if this is the time

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch1-2 by Nagashii Kouhei and Ishigana

Gyarus are the best.

Your usual brooding loner high school protagonist experiences a busier than usual day, and gets to see a hidden side of one of his classmates, a popular gyaru girl. The next day, his art teacher suddenly asks him to help that very same classmate to do her makeup from now on.

The saddening implication that girls need makeup aside, it's off to an entertaining start.

Gyarus are the best.

Yup. Really enjoying this series.

Also really liking:

Hajimete no Gal 1-10

Story about an fairly unpopular kid in class who got forced by his friends to confess to a Gal with a little devilish personality, whom he finds very intimidating, and she actually says yes.

Are there any other good gyaru manga?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

The hilarious part is that this almost assuredly means that Chitoge actually wins.

Zweizer

Banned
I like Galko, even though the "actually a shy virgin" shtick can be understandably annoying. That aspect aside, it's a pretty fun and enjoyable manga about a gyaru and some elements of the culture surrounding this fashion.

jman2050

Nisekoi

Hahaha Onodera has been in the driver's seat since literally years before the story began and she's still going to mess it up for herself in the end.

This is like a rich kid who inherits millions of dollars from his parents and blows it all in a month on bad investments and buying ten mansions or some shit.

Toriko 374

2dd.jpg

Boku no Hero Academia 94

Next Generation is about to step up.... but having both alive means breaking out of prison or getting assassinated

HXH 357

Hisoka repairing himself with rubber substitutes (basically plastic surgery) was pretty cool

Hisoka is still a uber troll though... he offed two spiders but those two lost their abilities so it really isn't any feat

Has Nisekoi finally ended ? So I can catch up the chapters and roll myself in glorious trollfaces ?

Hunter X Hunter

Pretty awesome chapter but it's pretty stupid
to just come to back to life like that ! More seriously, I think it's pretty well handwaved as "you can set some kind of timed nen so it does things for you".

Oxygen deprivation to the brain is a problem though. It would've been nice to see Hisoka's brain being powered by nen.

Holy shit at Hisoka killing of 2 spiders just like that. But now there is a Zoldyck in the troupe, would the Zoldyck family just stand in there if Hisoka kills her ?

Kanojo Wa Kurokubi 16
Nice chapter

Boku no Hero Academia
I misread all the death flags. I sense a time skip though. It would make the story advance, give all the heroes new abilities that we can discover too instead of another training arc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi's not over no, they just figured out the promise girl's identity.

Revo

Piano no Mori 207

Can't say Hao isn't getting what he deserves.
Good for Wei Peng to be able to find the love of music.

Nisekoi

literally everything was given to Onodeera on a platter and yet she dun goofed for how many years

yah dun goofed big and you deserve it

Joou-sama no Eshi 1-7

I got tricked by the cover again. Also figured out this was by the Kodomo no Jikan mangaka so that explains a few...things.

It's bad.

Angry Grimace

Onodera has been hanging out with Raku for literally years and her main rival literally moved away and she didn't even make a fucking move on the guy and can still barely hold a fucking conversation with him without stammering and freaking out.

Onodera can eat shit.

Japan's Manga Sales, May 30th - June 5th

*1. 650,817 *,650,817 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33
*2. 447,728 *,447,728 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.20
*3. 292,396 *,292,396 One Punch-Man Vol.11
*4. 213,125 *,430,011 Kuroshitsuji Vol.23
*5. 197,805 *,197,805 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.9
*6. 159,437 *,159,437 World Trigger Vol.15
*7. 156,825 *,156,825 D.Gray-man Vol.25
*8. 143,001 *,433,666 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.26
*9. 125,263 *,126,048 Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Vol.8
10. 106,180 *,106,180 Toriko Vol.39

11. *99,888 *,*99,888 Nisekoi Vol.23
12. *96,368 *,197,309 Horimiya Vol.9
13. *83,800 *,250,122 Ore Monogatari! Vol.12
14. *83,049 *,*83,049 Bungou Stray Dogs Vol.10
15. *72,238 *,223,675 Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. Vol.11
16. *60,825 *,194,428 Koudai-ke no Hitobito Vol.5
17. *57,441 *,182,717 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.16
18. *43,001 *,197,215 Giant Killing Vol.40
19. *42,719 *,320,528 Diamond no Ace Act II Vol.3
20. *41,725 *,*41,725 Last Game Vol.10

21. *36,902 *,*37,561 Shinya Shokudou Vol.16
22. *36,029 *,*36,029 Vampire Knight: Memories Vol.1
23. *35,235 *,305,389 Fairy Tail Vol.55
24. *31,963 *,*31,963 Magical Pâtissière Kosaki-chan!! Vol.3
25. *31,329 *,*31,329 Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Vol.199
26. *29,743 *,*29,743 Yuragisou no Yuuna-san Vol.1
27. *29,078 *,144,084 Kakegurui Vol.5
28. *27,305 *,*27,305 Rengoku ni Warau Vol.5
29. *26,855 *,*99,847 Dame na Watashi ni Koi shite Kudasai Vol.9
30. *26,130 *,*26,130 MPD Psycho Vol.23

31. *25,459 *,*25,781 Asahinagu Vol.19
32. *24,881 *,408,639 Arslan Senki Vol.5
33. *23,651 *,152,968 Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Vol.10
34. *23,172 *,734,247 Haikyuu!! Vol.21
35. *22,579 *,*22,579 Samon-kun wa Summoner Vol.4
36. *22,183 *,*36,390 Himitsu ja Nai kedo
37. *22,027 *,*22,027 Sesuji wo Pin! to: Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso Vol.5
38. *21,316 *,*21,901 Kachou Fuugetsu Vol.5 Special Edition
39. *21,151 *,148,088 Dagashi Kashi Vol.5
40. *21,006 *,620,218 Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Vol.2

41. *19,937 *,*20,966 Toshishita Kareshi ni Semararetemasu. Vol.2
42. *19,417 *,*19,729 Hanakoi Tsurane Vol.1
43. *19,051 *,*19,051 Kekkai Sensen Official Fanbook B5 Limited Edition
44. *18,585 *,446,012 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.8
45. *18,476 *,*18,657 Shiawase Afro Tanaka Vol.3
46. *17,817 *,*17,817 Karadasagashi Vol.8
47. *17,666 2,480,701 One Piece Vol.81
48. *17,365 *,122,774 Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Vol.17
49. *17,206 1,563,291 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.19
50. *16,966 *,*16,966 Omukae desu. Vol.6

And this is another reason why Togashi is allowed to do his Hiatuses.

Angry Grimace

Like seriously, Kosaki sucks so bad that if she somehow got together with Raku at the end it would be Seo Kouji level rage trolling.

She had basically no development and took no actions to further her plan the entire goddamn series. She just sat there and hoped dude would fall into her lap, and it actually happened and she still failed to fucking execute her plan. She probably needs to see a therapist for her crippling inability to follow through on a plan.

Like seriously, Kosaki sucks so bad that if she somehow got together with Raku at the end it would be Seo Kouji level rage trolling.

She had basically no development and took no actions to further her plan the entire goddamn series. She just sat there and hoped dude would fall into her lap, and it actually happened and she still failed to fucking execute her plan. She probably needs to see a therapist for her crippling inability to follow through on a plan.

The Onodera is volume 1 is the same Onodera we have right now

0 progress, 0 development and still the author gave her every imaginable handicap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom