• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the new shonen jump series Kimetsu no Yaiba is pretty good so far, I hope it gets picked up for a long run since its got some interesting potential.

Started reading 7 deadly sins, seems pretty fun so far

It is.

Until a certain event.

Then it became "Vegeta what does the scouter say about his power level?!" garbage. It's insane how much I liked this manga and then how I turned around into dropping it so goddam quick as everything turned into garbage at once.

Russ T

Banned
It is.

Until a certain event.

Then it became "Vegeta what does the scouter say about his power level?!" garbage. It's insane how much I liked this manga and then how I turned around into dropping it so goddam quick as everything turned into garbage at once.

yo that was

really dumb

i basically stopped for the same reason

(i don't feel too bad about dropping it anyway cause the main character would probably try to rape the main female character if this weren't a shounen series, what a weird gropey pervert)

7taizai just became really generic and kind of dull after that power level stuff and then he kept focusing and using it and still uses it.

King is only really reason to follow in.

Revo

Toriko 360

always better to eat with company
Now that everyone is back together time to wrap this up.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 267

Does anybody in Japan have sex for fun? Use birth control? Not marry their childhood friend at age 14 and have sex for the purposes of procreation? Nobody? Alright.

Tomo-mom reacts like every mom would.
At least mine.

Bleach Break

Too many dumb jokes to be made.
Get well soon Kubo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Wow. One of the best things Kubo's done in years, legit impressed.

convo

One Piece 818

Man lots of revelations, everyone one the crew already hype for the endgame. That will still take another decade or so i reckon. Also
latest

Four dots converging in the middle? Coincidence? I think not.

One Piece 818

We setting up for the (distant) endgame with megatons!

Water 7/Enies Lobby is still the best One Piece arc

Marineford the best arc in One Piece? I don't know about that. It certainly was pretty damn cool but I feel that the Enies Lobby Arc is perhaps a superior arc.

Newest chapter just catapulted Zou above to the top.
Along with the other revelations and twists in this arc.

yo that was

really dumb

i basically stopped for the same reason

(i don't feel too bad about dropping it anyway cause the main character would probably try to rape the main female character if this weren't a shounen series, what a weird gropey pervert)

Yeah, that too. It just...god, even in the universe it just feels so unnatural and fucking creepy. You learn about Melodias' backstory and it's like "In what way shape or form would he ever become a fucking molester?"

7taizai just became really generic and kind of dull after that power level stuff and then he kept focusing and using it and still uses it.

King is only really reason to follow in.

I...I agree.

With DTL.

Yo, somebody pass me the red pill, I want out of this Matrix.

Bleach

Kubo may be a hack but I'm not gonna disparage him for falling sick because being a Mangaka sucks ass. Get better Kubo.

One Piece 818

That Ponegylph, lol. When he said it was the location of Raftel I thought this series was going to wrap up WAY sooner then anticipated. Then the next page he said there are four of them. Went from being 80% finished back down to 65%

Also he said that "none have laid eyes on Raftel for hundreds of years..." which means people had before Roger. Connected to the Void Century, confirmed.

Fucking great chapter. This is why I haven't lost faith in One Piece yet. So many revelations, ahhhh

Revo

One Piece 818

Man lots of revelations, everyone one the crew already hype for the endgame. That will still take another decade or so i reckon. Also

Four dots converging in the middle? Coincidence? I think not.

excellent catch

One Piece 818

Very good plot direction based chapter.... now we can kinda shape up the path towards the endgame

also nice for the two Yonkos to be connected to these red stones plot since that means the nice few arcs will be connected towards the endgame

man Wano is uber important to the whole series with the stone's originating from there and it seems most people were right with Kaido being the ruler of Wano

Kingdom 464

what an ass using the High Shin Unit as bait for Mr. Checkered PomPom and his in patient rage

PomPom is going to suffer next chapter and likely that other general (the hidden gen) will take over the battle in his stead

Haikyuu!! 196

Oh Nekoma gets another chance, guess we know they will win. No other reason to draw to that text from Hinata in the chapter (also nice how he tells kenma about Tsukishima).

Sakijima is my favorite Nohebi so far.

Tsukki here was my favorite. I love when he is thrown into Nishinoya fun.

Toriko 361

Usually I have all the answers for this series but with it being rushed.... I can't even make to heads with this chapter

What I got was...
Star and Toriko being related in someway.... some background for those gourmet beast dwelled in everyone and that they finished all the foods without any flashback (sigh)

Korosenai

Toriko 361

Honestly, this was the most rushed chapter so far in the entire series. So much announced and revealed just out of nowhere. Felt like five or six chapters worth of material crammed into one. Why Toriko why. You used to be one of my favorite mangas :(
Toriko 361

Usually I have all the answers for this series but with it being rushed.... I can't even make to heads with this chapter

What I got was...
Star and Toriko being related in someway.... some background for those gourmet beast dwelled in everyone and that they finished all the foods without any flashback (sigh)
and that God is possibly in that little can Komatsu found, which was also shown in this same chapter that he found it (because I don't remember anything from that flashback in the past chapters).

You will hear the voice of the dead 1

Zev7pnX.jpg

You'll have to speak louder, I'm a little death in one ear.

Gloriously gory horror series starring an MC with a sixth sense and the ghost of his murdered friend. I thought the plot might channel Tasogare Otome and have the heroine's death be a central mystery, but it was actually handled quickly, so I'm assuming it'll instead revolve around the MC getting himself into supernatural predicaments. Might go without saying, but this is exactly my kind of manga and I'd kill to read more.

Toriko 361

Honestly, this was the most rushed chapter so far in the entire series. So much announced and revealed just out of nowhere. Felt like five or six chapters worth of material crammed into one. Why Toriko why. You used to be one of my favorite mangas :(
Toriko 361

That's like two months of content put into a single chapter :(
pretty much... that last glimmer of hope that we'd get the other areas via flashback before they ate each ingredient is gone

WSJ is 100% rushing this to its deadline they likely want it out by this year

we are getting Beezlebub 2.0
and that God is possibly in that little can Komatsu found, which was also shown in this same chapter that he found it (because I don't remember anything from that flashback in the past chapters).

they did indeed show that can around chapter 200 and something before they made landfall in Area 8.... I don't think GOD is in the can but rather the other ingredient that they had to capture together.... Centre

since they were all suppose to go to Area 1 and retrieve it as a group but have yet to do so can only rise the chance of it just popping in this can

One Piece:
Tons of plot revelations. You can kind of see a future path for the series based on this, although we're still a ways off from the finish line. Raftel stuff, the creation of the Poneglyphs, Roger backstory and Kaidou revelations all in around 10 pages.

This current arc is definitely great so far.

One Piece:
Tons of plot revelations. You can kind of see a future path for the series based on this, although we're still a ways off from the finish line. Raftel stuff, the creation of the Poneglyphs, Roger backstory and Kaidou revelations all in around 10 pages.

This current arc is definitely great so far.

MEGATON

it is either Toriko is getting a rushed ending or we are going into Metal Gear terms of clones being brothers (Toriko and Star are Clones of Midora)
Midora ran away from his bros to make Outer Heaven
Neo = Metal Gear

blah,blah,blah confusion

Wow that One Piece chapter. Fantastic. As if Luffy needed more reasons to fight Kaido and Big Mom. So if the World Government has the last poneglyph, we're gonna see all out war eventually.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction - 27
Ah, so the UFO's are the thing that connect both of them. That was a nice flashback.
Oh my god, Hiroshi looks fabulous in his highschool day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom