• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma is my favorite running manga, but this is easily the worst arc so far. I simply do. not. care. about Edgelord. And Momo is so far completely horrible and annoying, in the go-away kind of way. And the surprise of salmon ice cream feels like a straight-up ripoff of Hiroyuki Sakai legitimately making trout ice cream in a Iron Chef America battle with Bobby Flay.

Please end this arc and go back to characters people like.

lol, it's been like 3 chapters of this new guys, you've got no patience. It's been a weak arc, but the china guy one was a lot more boring than this, and dragged on a lot more.

Ascheroth

Can he? He had to go 1000000% to beat that guy...

I like to believe Deku has problems with big numbers and can't be trusted when it comes to that.

lol, it's been like 3 chapters of this new guys, you've got no patience. It's been a weak arc, but the china guy one was a lot more boring than this, and dragged on a lot more.

You mean the festival arc? I liked that a lot actually.
This central fodder arc on the other isn't particularly interesting right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The arc regarding central started like 25 chapters ago and has had a couple of lame sub-arcs, including Soma beating Eizan through ???????

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah the recent shokugeki obsession with obnoxious edgelords is baffling go back to the enjoyable stuff plz

it's not just the new guy, everything since not-aizen showed up has been boring, unfun, and there's no rhyme or reason to the food battles any more

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
IDK the whole "fighting Central" thing is just sucky in general.

Got more manga, finally slowly getting closer to be close to JPN with Owari no Serafu :( almost at the volume where the anime stopped. Also my first far cry.
tumblr_o3jh6qBn531qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Revo

So... how is the Haikyuu anime compared to the manga?

does it skip things or is it like Gintama and HXH 2011, aka a good adaptation

afaik they didnt skip stuff in s1, im behind on s2 but i imagine it won't
very good adaption, looks real nice in every way

yeah the recent shokugeki obsession with obnoxious edgelords is baffling go back to the enjoyable stuff plz

it's not just the new guy, everything since not-aizen showed up has been boring, unfun, and there's no rhyme or reason to the food battles any more

It was going to stagnate, either way. There was no conflict, you had this plot-armored guy that was going to conquer the school. Now at least you have a plot-device villain that raised the stakes a bit and they can now explore other concepts, about talent, skill, effort, etc.

Still the arc just started, we don't know what's happened with the rest of the characters and how they'll develop from now.

Meh, give me Aizen's arc every day over Kuga's.

LeleSocho

Banned
Just leave the school make training arcs of all the people going under truly godlike chefs and let Soma being destroyed by them for a couple of times...
The story is too self contained now.

Revo

Gepetto s2ch42

Fairly thorough guards there.
Nero's revenge has been building up for a long time now, can't wait to see it.

Just leave the school make training arcs of all the people going under truly godlike chefs and let Soma being destroyed by them for a couple of times...
The story is too self contained now.

didn't Azami have some bases in other areas around the word

ME branch, Europe branch, America Branch... maybe that could be used unless those new central guys are from those branches in which case ugh

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Read a little Helck. Opening chapters are just aight and the art is ... presentable, at least, but it's fun beyond that. Helck and Vamirio are charming.

I pretty much like everything thats happened so far in Soma. I'm glad the plot is going somewhere as opposed to going to cooking school with no real goal other then become a good chef.

Kaiji Part 4 111 (or part 5 something)

This is by far the most ridiculously padded chapter of anything Fukumoto has done, and that's saying something. How was he allowed to put this out!?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no soma latest
Story is not as interesting, but at least the food part is still great. And that is a good cliffhanger. Dem pun pages though. It's been a while since we get foodgasm, so there it is.
Salmon ice cream, lol.

Tomo chan 269

Dad, please

convo

Kaiji Part 4 111 (or part 5 something)

This is by far the most ridiculously padded chapter of anything Fukumoto has done, and that's saying something. How was he allowed to put this out!?

I heard of a chapter where Kaiji took a shower and that's all that happened, i don't know maybe he always got away with it. You would really want to read the full volumes instead of weekly chapters.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers Feb 21-27

*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Fairy Tail Vol.52 (NEW)
*5. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.4 (NEW)
*6. Dragonar Academy Vol.9
*7. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8
*8. 12 Beast Vol.3
*9. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
10. Noragami Vol.11 (NEW)

Previous Week

*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5 (NEW)
*2. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8
*3. 12 Beast Vol.3 (NEW)
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
*6. Dragonar Academy Vol.9 (NEW)
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*9. One Piece Vol.77
10. Magika Swordsman and Summoner Vol.3

Tomo-chan 269

while her mom thinks of scandalous things happening her dad is the polar opposite and has innocent trust in her

lol the opposite of a average household

all in all both of them basically accepted Jun has their step-son

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Odette
cat boyfriend said:
A happy and cute stories about a girl and her cat boyfriend. Charming and enjoyable to read and sweet as hell. No drama or anything, just couple having fun everyday.
Cat boyfriend origin is not known, but seeing everyone act normal around them, either the cat boyfriend is how she see him, or cat boyfriend is literally cat guy, i don't know.

upandaway

Odette

A happy and cute stories about a girl and her cat boyfriend. Charming and enjoyable to read and sweet as hell. No drama or anything, just couple having fun everyday.
Cat boyfriend origin is not known, but seeing everyone act normal around them, either the cat boyfriend is how she see him, or cat boyfriend is literally cat guy, i don't know.
Saw this the other day, it's really nice

Moaradin

Soma is my favorite running manga, but this is easily the worst arc so far. I simply do. not. care. about Edgelord. And Momo is so far completely horrible and annoying, in the go-away kind of way. And the surprise of salmon ice cream feels like a straight-up ripoff of Hiroyuki Sakai legitimately making trout ice cream in a Iron Chef America battle with Bobby Flay.

Please end this arc and go back to characters people like.

I wish all of the Azami stuff would end already. It's just not that interesting but sadly it will probably be around for a while. The only good thing it's done is attempt to make Erina a more likable character.

I just don't get why the manga went this route. Just a little bit ago they introduced all of the Elite 10 with plenty of fun and interesting characters to use. The part with Kuga was great. The completely evil over the top villain character wasn't needed for this manga.

Angry Grimace

I wish all of the Azami stuff would end already. It's just not that interesting but sadly it will probably be around for a while. The only good thing it's done is attempt to make Erina a more likable character.

I just don't get why the manga went this route. Just a little bit ago they introduced all of the Elite 10 with plenty of fun and interesting characters to use. The part with Kuga was great. The completely evil over the top villain character wasn't needed for this manga.

If Erina was actually around doing stuff this would be interesting. It will get there, but 30 chapters of Erina literally sitting in a dark room making a sad face isn't terribly interesting.

Odette

I can only assume this is a doujin written by Serara from Log Horizon.

Jintor

I love visiting bookshops here, but it'll be better in two-three years where reading isn't automatically exhausting

Jintor

Visiting bookshops and CD shops in Japan makes me want to read/listen to everything I see

I gotta stop wearing a bag to places. I never end up using it and it just effs my shoulders and reduces the amount of time I can stand in bookstores.

Also jpn bookstores plastic wrap every goddamn manga

Also fuck kanji. You're the worst! Too many readings!

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo 1~9

Holy mother of ass. It's beautiful!

It really is. Welcome to the wonders of butt wrestling~

Odette

Looks very cute. Love their expressions here.

LeleSocho

Banned
didn't Azami have some bases in other areas around the word

ME branch, Europe branch, America Branch... maybe that could be used unless those new central guys are from those branches in which case ugh

When i said self contained i also meant that't too focused on the school, how about a shokugeki for shokugeki's sake? Not because i have to win this or that contest or because i have to safe this or that facility that creates that superfake sensation of tension...
Why not showing them doing more mundane thing like going to the market and learning about new ingredients and stuff?
It's been way too many chapters that the author wanted to show these dramatic situations as if something really bad/important was happening and it's becoming really boring.
Dial down the edginess and ramp up the chilliness.

---

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 269

You can see that Gorou is the only one that truly knows Jun eheh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom