• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Mizukami Satoshi Tanpenshuu Ch.11: Cheep Cheep 1
Cute little story about a girl who adopt giant chick, and how they live 'normally'
Can't wait to see the continuation since it's a 3 parter

Kurita

/sigh
You guys are hyping me for that One Piece arc, I guess I'll buy the latest French volume and read the scans. Don't want to wait more than a year to see the beginning of the new arc.

Revo

Haikyuu 196

The swerve turned out to just be a way to give nekoma more screentime. Lame.
Not that I don't want the Nekoma/Karasuno match, but after Karasuno having to win each one it kinda rings hollow that you get to lose and try again here.

Haikyuu 196

The swerve turned out to just be a way to give nekoma more screentime. Lame.
Not that I don't want the Nekoma/Karasuno match, but after Karasuno having to win each one it kinda rings hollow that you get to lose and try again here.

That seems unfair that three Tokyo teams get to go. Nohebi has "losers" written all over them :(

zeromcd73

It's been about two days now and I'm pretty sure that I've fully recovered from my Fuuka experience.

Time to read a some good ol' quality smutty manga.

Shokugeki no Soma 157

the tease of making it even and then adding the cliffhanger of saying no actually one dish is more superior makes me believe Central generic, edgy Hisoka got this

dani_dc

AKB49 200

Well that was pretty unexpected, and stupid, a potential career killer for no reason since no one will believe Ria anyway.

Clearly supposed to be a scene to strengthen her resolve, so wonder how she'll act from now on.

The art in the last page reflects this, the author drew her in a way that makes her look older and more stern as opposed to the cute-young-emotional character we're used to seeing.

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch59

Just beause they're third years now doesn't mean they'll have to make huge changes~

AKB49 ch200

That's not very wise. Well, guess it's a good excuse for her to grow and to put their relationship on hold.

Soma 157

pwm659gpzgjotu2rmf81.gif

Shokugeki No Soma 157

I liked the chapter, just imagining the taste of those dishes...

Loved how alice just stole a part of Ryou's dish.

My Hero Academia ch 79-81

Tokoyami's quirk is so OP... (of course if it didn't have the light weakness it would be more grand but that will likely be addressed later on when he learns to use it). Heh so many cool powers lately.

Again this series is always nice when it comes to strategy in a fight rather then just senseless fighting for no reason.... (Some other series do the same which is also nice, either by narration or by team work talking... Naruto Part 1 had this but alas it jumped the shark long ago).

Canabil lady is uber creepy though... calling people by nicknames like if she is their friend.

Over obsessive like a stalker too (playing mind tricks on her victims)... and the blood slurping/draining doesn't help either.... She was obsessive of those two girls but now she saw Deku all messed up and had that look in her eyes (cue for Deku to avoid her at all times)

Still while all the crazies were going on Mr.Magic took the little explosive runt and as a bonus Mr.OP Shadow as well... I mean come on Deku and co you guys had one job

Seems as though the enemy had one of those bio weapon, monsters too... If they battles extended ever so slightly someone (or maybe even more) would've actually died.... But they did get to leave a tracker on it so if a retrieval arc ever happened they can follow the tracker to the enemy HQ

Actually scrap that I hope no extra retrieval arc would occur since I don't want any of those guys to become something like Naruto and Sasuke... aka waisting arcs with some silly grand chase.

Hopefully things get resolved with this future clash as they launched themselves on top of Mr.Magic and captured him in front of the villain meet up point

LeleSocho

Banned
My Hero Academia - 81
ZgZZkaQ.png

I liked how she was drawn here.
Could someone explain me why Deku as destroyed as he is wanted to be launched with them?

My Hero Academia - 81
ZgZZkaQ.png

I liked how she was drawn here.
Could someone explain me why Deku as destroyed as he is wanted to be launched with them?

He can still break someone's body with a crotch thrust, so while damaged (two useless arms...) he can still fight. And if nothing else he has Gon's mentality of doing dumb stuff at the cost of your own body.

Tomo-chan 265-268

Aww Carol doesn't play video games... expected but still
Tomo can try but it is unavoidable

she should just toughen up.... lol Tomo's mom is still hilarious too

Kurita

Haikyuu!! vol.14
Pleasantly surprised to see that Ennoshita got so much screentime, I thought he was going to be a Satake/Yamaoka-tier character forever (you know, the two dudes from the basketball club in Eyeshield 21). Hopefully he becomes a real regular character (not holding my breath though).

diaspora

Boku dake ga Inai Machi ch41

Holy crap, that was awesome. Remembering how the
teacher was the killer and figuring out that if he's still stalking him, he'd be targeting the kid now. Then turning his bullshit around on him. So good.

Revo

God of High School 251

meh, just leave him dead. better to die in glory than whatever hell awaits the both of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma is my favorite running manga, but this is easily the worst arc so far. I simply do. not. care. about Edgelord. And Momo is so far completely horrible and annoying, in the go-away kind of way. And the surprise of salmon ice cream feels like a straight-up ripoff of Hiroyuki Sakai legitimately making trout ice cream in a Iron Chef America battle with Bobby Flay.

Please end this arc and go back to characters people like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom