• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
translated
Regarding Being Reincarnated Into a Slime

It's... not bad? At least so far.
It's your standard "Japanese man reincarnated into a fantasy world with OP abilities" thing. Protagonist is a slime with the ability to eat anything, steals powers from things he eats. It starts out OK but falls in quality later on.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch269

Such an innocent father.

Their Story ch89-92

Kids these days are scary.

Akagi ch283

Exploiting all the possible options.

Kurita

I gotta stop wearing a bag to places. I never end up using it and it just effs my shoulders and reduces the amount of time I can stand in bookstores.

Also jpn bookstores plastic wrap every goddamn manga

Also fuck kanji. You're the worst! Too many readings!

You know what they say

git gud

Lain

Haikyu!! vol. 9
JHJb.jpg

So many great things in this volume. Shoyo's slow evolution through the volume. That raising confidence was great, even if he ended up trying to steal a ball from Asahi at the end of the volume.
The new first year manager, Hitoka, is too cute. Her reactions, and reaction faces are so good. Perfect fit with Shoyo too.
Then the scenes with Kiyoko. She's described as a real beauty and it's striking how the art manages to have her appear so charming.
Last but not least, Tanaka's sister. What a beauty. She managed to save the day too.

This volume gets 4 thumbs up from me.

Revo

ReLIFE 119

Wonder how much is actually going to change.
Maybe Hishiro tries to have arata admit he's a member.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
If Erina was actually around doing stuff this would be interesting. It will get there, but 30 chapters of Erina literally sitting in a dark room making a sad face isn't terribly interesting.

I can only assume this is a doujin written by Serara from Log Horizon.
Now that you mention it...
Still, i wonder how's the author doing after his tax case
It really is. Welcome to the wonders of butt wrestling~

Looks very cute. Love their expressions here.

100% cute

Mai Ball 1-3

A girl and a boy training soccer together. it's lewd, that's all you need to know.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit Circle 43 (spoilers)

Called Rei and the past lives brother being Fuuta's new siblings.

And holy shit at the aliens in Fuuko's life spoiling this entire climax. I didn't even fucking remember it.

dani_dc

Chuugoku Yome Nikki 1-6

This one is a bit odd to comment on seeing as it's a manga written by a Mangaka about his own marriage.
Essentially it tells of a 40 year old "otaku" mangaka and his 26 year old chinese wife, focusing on the odd moments of cultural difference that the wife has with Japanese culture.

The stories themselves can be cute and amusing.

However there's some underlying unintended themes that make me quite uncomfortable reading it.
Firstly there's the Mangaka himself, reading the Manga got me the sense that he's, in general, a very unhappy person and that he sees his wife as the only positive thing in his life, which I find to be incredibly depressing.
The other is the marriage itself, there's this undertone to the story which implies that older Japanese man that can't find a girl to marry in Japan are marrying young Chinese women, which in turn are marrying these older Japanese man because they want to get a better life outside of China. This is of course never explicitly stated, and I'm sure the author himself isn't even self-aware of it, but the amount of Japanese male/Chinese female marriages referenced in the story and even the description of his meeting with his wife give a pretty strong impression of this.

If you can read it and without getting the same interpretation as I did, it's a pretty pleasant manga, the cultural differences between the Wife and Japanese cultural make for some entertaining situations, and there's some heartwarming feeling to the story as the author seems to think highly of his wife and his wife is usually depicted as being very enthusiastic and happy with her everyday life.

Tripon

Isekai Tensei Soudouki

Balud is part of the nobility. As a young child, he developed a fever and was in danger of dying, instead, two souls, one from the Warring States Era, and an modern day Salaryman/Otaku starts to share his body and he survives. Using their skills and abilities, he starts to jumpstart his family's fiefdom from a podunk village to a center of economic activities.

Decent read, has dog girls. Would read more.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit Circle 44 (spoilers)

That bit with Fortuna giving up was really touching. but lmao at Rune and East taking themselves hostage as Fuuta and Koko's children, god damn.

dani_dc

I thought you weren't allowed to use spoiler tags for series already translated into English.

The rule is regarding chapters, not series. As far as I can tell there's no english translation of Spirit Circle Chapter 44 yet.

Either way, you're still allowed to use spoiler tags if you feel the need to, the rules are more general guidelines to allow for good discussion, for example, someone might prefer not to post openly about a big twist on a chapter that was just released.

Tripon

The rule is regarding chapters, not series. As far as I can tell there's no english translation of Spirit Circle Chapter 44 yet.

Either way, you're still allowed to use spoiler tags if you feel the need to, the rules are more general guidelines to allow for good discussion, for example, someone might prefer not to post openly about a big twist on a chapter that was just released.

Both the translation for 43 and 44 are out. I know, I just read them.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you weren't allowed to use spoiler tags for series already translated into English.
I just did it for the people who stick to the Crunchyroll reader.

I feel like that rule is mostly for the people who complain that someone spoiled something for them, when it was available in English in the first place.

I'll do what I want!!!![/spoiler]
Panda what kind of dark magic are you using here

Can I have some

When i said self contained i also meant that't too focused on the school, how about a shokugeki for shokugeki's sake? Not because i have to win this or that contest or because i have to safe this or that facility that creates that superfake sensation of tension...
Why not showing them doing more mundane thing like going to the market and learning about new ingredients and stuff?
It's been way too many chapters that the author wanted to show these dramatic situations as if something really bad/important was happening and it's becoming really boring.
Dial down the edginess and ramp up the chilliness.
Ah I get what you mean now

it was fun seeing them prance around the fish market

Assassination Classroom 178

Good no Korosensei in sight...two to go.

Asano coming up and helping to protect them as they boarded the bus was nice and such. I hope we get more cause Asano and Karma kun would make a great rivalry and such at the high school.

Lain

There is no real rule against the use of spoiler tags in this thread. We are simply free to not use them for already translated chapters so long as we highlight series and chapters, so people can skip ahead, while we're still expected to use them for untranslated chapters (if what we're writing down are story spoilers or summaries, obviously).

-

I enjoy Horimiya much more than Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. I guess because I don't find Nozaki-kun particularly funny, while the characters, compared to Oresama Teacher by the same author, feel annoyingly moronic instead of charmingly stupid.

Jintor

I enjoy Horimiya much more than Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. I guess because I don't find Nozaki-kun particularly funny, while the characters, compared to Oresama Teacher by the same author, feel annoyingly moronic instead of charmingly stupid.

Man... maybe cos I couldn't fight my way through Oresama teacher's panelling and structure, but really? Horimiya has gotten so... I dunno... bland...

Why a timeskip, they havent even dished out the reward money yet or got Irina & Karasuma sensei married. Time skip seems like something to do in the last 2 pages of the final chapter.

They are not marrying immediately, i think. And the reward money and what they did with it can be showed indirectly.

I don't know, though. I just want to see a grown, resolved, short-haired Nagisa entering his classroom as the teacher and close the story with a strong phrase. I'll be happy if that's what happens.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Tokyo Ghoul: re 67 spoilers

so like Kaneki/Sasaki is more fucked in the head than we might've thought

How is that possible.
Kaneki is full on Loco, probably one of the more deranged people in the story and that says something.

Assass Classclass 178

NO

BOO FUCKING BOO

DAMMIT

Nagisa's parents getting back together is total fucking bullshit

Korosensei makes the impossible possible

Assassination Classroom 178

Damn this finale is emotional and really damn good, korosensei might be in my top 5 favorite shonen characters ever.

Keijo 2-78

One of the characters just judo tossed her opponent using her nipples. Apparently this sport gives your tits and ass superpowers. And wedgies give you superspeed...

dani_dc

Keijo 2-78

One of the characters just judo tossed her opponent using her nipples. Apparently this sport gives your tits and ass superpowers. And wedgies give you superspeed...

The last one is believable, I knew someone that would also give herself wedgies to gain superspeed
at water slides

Vagabond 128-179

Well that was a really, really long side arc. But I feel like Vagabond has gotten into its groove now, as a general fan of samurai/ronin stuff I can appreciate this and the themes its going for. The art is as beautiful and expressive as ever.

12 Beast 10

This series is bad. Needs a Rachnera. Dropped.

Kingdom 465

Hopping from Vagabond to Kingdom and wow, Kingdom has never been goof at these battlefield clashes art wise but damn its even clearer now. So messy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom