• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch221

Bears, huh?

Joshikausei ch49

Be careful with light.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch78

At least this fight is over.

Foolworm

Otoyomegatari

That was satisfying.

Stravaganza

That one panel
where I thought they were going to kiss
, then next chapter it turns to orcs.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Otoyomegatari ch. 57

Mission accomplished, kid.

Think this was one of my favorite Otoyomegatari chapters yet. Seems like Mori will break from these two for now, and while it is admittedly a good time to shift the story elsewhere, I hope she doesn't take too long to check back in on them.

Arabesque

Jump International Impressions

World Trigger

These are looking like two fodder teams. I don't see them really putting up that much of a fight.

I would be amazed if it went down that easily. Those 2 teams are basically the old no. 1 and 2 of the rank wars, so them going down harder than mid tier opponents. I suspect this will be similar to Tamakoma-2 vs Niniomiya, where the match ended in a draw for most combatants and not much points were traded.

The biggest worry I have is if this match continues the trend of being longer than the previous one. I really liked the last match when read as a whole, but I don't know if I can take another 10 chapter long battle, with another 2 matches in store for the future.

I like how the translation for Ikoma's squad made them out to be redneck stereotypes. Also, lol Mario.

Nisekoi spoilers are out, and it went as everyone expected. It is almost over.

Komi did what Kubo couldn't in a year.

Amazing.

CnJgTeQXYAAlEcK.jpg:large

The complete Spider-man spread done by Murata

Source

Zweizer

Banned
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch31

Well then, I didn't expect that. She didn't change much thankfully.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch38

And back to the happy carefree days we go~

I Am a Hero ch234

That's some masterful bluff.

My Fair Neighbor 1-5 (END)

Decide to check this one on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by it.

The synopsis: Sakura Yuki and his neighbor, Momo were separated during Yuki's third year of high school because of a certain incident. Yuki thought that they weren't really friends considering that there was a 12-year age gap between him and young Momo. But 10 years later, Momo, now a high school student, becomes Yuki's neighbor once again. Momo is eager to be friends again but Yuki feels differently as he remembers things he buried in his heart long ago. Momo and Yuki battle their past and and present and slowly become closer than ever.

What I liked about it is how the respective parents of the protagonists had a impact on their life and how the protagonists had to overcome their fears about their parents to grow as persons and have a better relationship. Also the age gap is handled very well.

A short heartwarming romance with a pleasant ending. Definetly recommended.

Revo

Yuusha ga Shinda! 62-63

Touka so unlucky, getting that close to the dream and having it denied.
At least the hero is slowly being corrupted.

Lain

Just skimmed through volume 9 of Innocent, reading certain parts and skipping others for a later, more through read.
First impression is that my dislike for Charles maxed out. I understand the sentiments, I understand the reasons, but he truly became what he despised. He truly turned into the worst kind of adult he could.
Marie, despite it all, kicked butts.

But the best part came at the end, with those Innocent Rouge words and then I turn the page and I see a preview for it. FUCK YEAH!

redlemon

Does the anime adaptation of Barakamon skip much? I'm wondering if I need to start at the beginning or can skip straight the the chapters that weren't covered.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
^
No, it didn't skip much, though reading the manga has its own unique charm, so i recommend reading it too.

Karakai jouzo no takagi san 31
TOP-TIER TROLLING. Author succeed in trolling reader so goddamn hard. Like, wtf, a time skip and all that. This is a perfect ending as it is.

Karakai jouzo no takagi san 32
Wait, there's more? Okay then author. I wonder if he's going to keep the ending or make a new ending.

Saki Achigà hen end
A spin off of Saki manga (that yuri nopan mahjong manga for those who didn't know). A nahjong manga with a shonen twist, that is most player has some kind of unique gimmick that goes into super power category, but each gimmick come with their own weakness as a way to give each players a chance to defeat it. Precog, ability to get all dora, ability to make opponent hand crap, 'Queen of mountain depth' based on mahjong wall to debuff every opponent skills.

It's shonen battle manga with Mahjong through and through. Give it a read if you like ridiculous mahjong series.

School Mermaid 2 Prologue

aVRezFJ.png

Would love to see more of this, though I know it's a pipe dream and the afterword basically cements that.
WELL THEN

Revival of a relatively short-lived horror series in which schoolgirls fulfil their unrequited loves by hunting 'mermaids'. Its warped, episodic nature combined with the author's affinity for yuri made it one of my favourite reads from last year, so naturally I'm ecstatic to see it given new life. The limited scope of its premise means I'm not expecting this iteration to run for any longer than its predecessor, but I'll certainly enjoy it while it lasts.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 Rerererererererere-read, this time in Japanese!!
Vol.1

Finally reading my favorite manga ever in Japanese, buying the volumes on Bookwalker.
Well, what can I say, I still get chills. The universe and the cast is strong and full of personality right from the start.
The use of kanji is... something else, I didn't know that. Like you've got the english word "Management" written with 5 kanjis. What. And Hiruma's "Fuckin'" also uses a kanji. Heh.

Jintor

i spent most of today composing thank you notes and getting them checked on lang-8

i can't write in japanese for shit apparently :(

Kurita

i spent most of today composing thank you notes and getting them checked on lang-8

i can't write in japanese for shit apparently :(

You'll get there someday!
One of the basic advices is read/watch stuff as much as you can. There's not a single day where I'm not reading/listening to Japanese.

Zweizer

Banned
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch35

Should have taken the opportunity to push all the work onto her.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch46

Everyone is training now.

Mitsuboshi Colors ch10-11

Another peaceful day goes by~

One Piece 832

So it indeed was a trap..... I also really like how the Germa Snail ships connect together to form a castle

super cool

odd though that the clock beard guy before wasn't his Dad

Jintor

You'll get there someday!
One of the basic advices is read/watch stuff as much as you can. There's not a single day where I'm not reading/listening to Japanese.

I was thinking of watching the 2min anime Yama no Susume again, watching each episode once, taking out every single thing that's said, breaking it down, writing it down and then trying to watch it while shadowing. Think that's a good idea?

I'm watching a lot more things that I can understand with subs but it tends to veer into zones where I can't follow then I get lost. But something that's 2min sounds like I could spend, like, 10-15 min transcripting it and then watching it again understanding everything that's being said.

(I don't want to go into the jpn learning thread because I don't really feel comfortable there)

Kurita

I was thinking of watching the 2min anime Yama no Susume again, watching each episode once, taking out every single thing that's said, breaking it down, writing it down and then trying to watch it while shadowing. Think that's a good idea?

I'm watching a lot more things that I can understand with subs but it tends to veer into zones where I can't follow then I get lost. But something that's 2min sounds like I could spend, like, 10-15 min transcripting it and then watching it again understanding everything that's being said.

(I don't want to go into the jpn learning thread because I don't really feel comfortable there)

One of the keys is to find something you like, that way it's much easier. So if that anime helps you then go ahead! Can't hurt!
Personally I watch variety shows with hosts I like, a couple of dramas WITH JAPANESE SUBTITLES (very important), read music articles and listen to radio shows hosted by musicians. What I do is that I only look up words and shit if I really don't understand anything. Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow, without worring about not getting a few words. It just becomes tedious if you're always keeping an eye on your dictionary.
The more you hear/read the more you'll recognize and memorize patterns. Breaking down things too much isn't always a good idea, you'll slowly realize that.

Kurita

the thing is i hate japanese television :T

if only i could find jsubs for wakazoke-san

Watch 家、ついて行ってイイですか?, I showed that to a few people and they loved it.
Best "variety" show right now. Real people talking about their life, no talento overload and shit like that. I'm sure you can enjoy it.

Jintor

Watch 家、ついて行ってイイですか?, I showed that to a few people and they loved it.
Best "variety" show right now. Real people talking about their life, no talento overload and shit like that. I'm sure you can enjoy it.

punched it into youtube, liked what i saw

about to move real soon but i'll keep it in mind. thanks for the hot tips kurita, i really appreciate it

Zweizer

Banned
Walk Wit Me by Ugawa Hiroki (from A Couple of Flowers collection of stories)

A two-part yuri story about two girls in a decrepit mining town during the 50s.

The rough art lends pretty well to the atmosphere of the unusual setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom