• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tejina Senpai 21
UcTBXA5.png

"Senpai's boobs are so big because they're filled with her dreams." Credit due to assistant-kun for keeping his own dreams in check.

kasane

I recently started my ippo binge and man did it really went mediocre for me. It got super slow and rambly, characters got reduced to comic relief, ippos experience with ricardo and date seemed like nothing.

Author is just trying to prove that ippo is an outlier that can make it through hard work and will power.

edit: also that cop out win by miyata against randy boy. As an actualy fan of boxing this manga makes me mad sometimes but suspension of disbelief and all that.

pbayne

That Randy boy fight was pretty awful. The biggest jump the shark moment for me came when Itagaki turned the series into DBZ/JOJO fighting "You can move in the frozen time too?"

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch233

Time for Korori to shine.

Yuri Kuma Arashi ch21

Back to the present we go. Hopefully it'll be soon over.

Tejina Senpai ch21

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Tsuiteru Kanojo ch13

Uh... Well then.

Revo

Boruto 3

And right into the trap.

Prison School 220

This fight is just getting lewder and lewder.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 133

Guess I should have expected a love hunter.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent Rouge vol. 2

Largely a backstory volume on the first Sanson executioner, Charles, and his wife, Marguerite. They, well, deserved each other. Was amused how the story cuts off with Marie-Joseph walking in on Charles-Henri reading Charles' memoirs and sharing her disapproval. The material with the broken mirror and how Marguerite is always watching her lineage was nice and weird. Good volume, but I'd like to get back to the key players.

I Am a Hero ch. 233

Aunt Eye Patch got bigger balls than the rest of these dudes.

Sai

I recently started my ippo binge and man did it really went mediocre for me. It got super slow and rambly, characters got reduced to comic relief, ippos experience with ricardo and date seemed like nothing.

Author is just trying to prove that ippo is an outlier that can make it through hard work and will power.

edit: also that cop out win by miyata against randy boy. As an actualy fan of boxing this manga makes me mad sometimes but suspension of disbelief and all that.
Yeah, I still love the manga, but it has been stretched too far, too thin.

So long as the numbers for his readership remain consistent along with his health, he has little reason not to do things this way though; lots of mangaka would be overjoyed to have a long career like this.

Wonder what it's like for the old guys that have been reading this since the first chapter in WSM.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Iki no Kore! Shachiku-chan 1-2
OL working as a programmer getting exploited by her superior. So what i'm saying, this is the Japanese moe version of dilbert. Kinda hit close to home. Working late night, forced to go on the weekend without anyone around... ;_;

Attack on Titan latest

HOW MANY TIME CAN REINER SURVIVE THIS!? Seriously, dude is the most lucky bastard,
Erwin or Armin? Both of them dead? Both of them alive?
Ihope Isayama doing something unpredictable. I think most people think Armin going to be the next titan, but there's a chance Isayama going to throw a curve here.

Shimura's new manga, Sayonara, Otoko no Ko, is haram as fuck.

Can confirm it is haram as fuck.

Summary for those interested:
A young man suddenly turn into children, and well, there's a part where he attempt to seduce his boyfriend while he still in child body... so yeah...

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 25

Ishigami will never prevail.
and big kaguya, getting the reaction

Nanatsu no Taizai 183

was that the Demon King... aka Melodias' Dad? Dude has a split personality

one second he is doesn't give a shit about stuff.... then he seems like a joker.... then he agrees that the current Melodias being kind and stuff isn't bad... but then just tosses all of that out and says they both need to turn back into their evil original forms

whatever since after that we got the Best Sin being the BEST again.... ESCANOR!

I am so fucking tired of dudes who are masters at fighting or super good fighters getting beat up because they saw a girl naked or some shit. The only manga that did this right was Dragons Rioting and if you can't do something Dragons Rioting of all fucking manga did right then MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT

I am so fucking tired of dudes who are masters at fighting or super good fighters getting beat up because they saw a girl naked or some shit. The only manga that did this right was Dragons Rioting and if you can't do something Dragons Rioting of all fucking manga did right then MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT

did you just read a Fire Brigade of Flames chapter

World Trigger 150

Two new teams seem like fun, but forgettable nobodies, but it might be alright. I hope it isn't as dragged out with flashbacks like the previous Katori/Kakizaki fight was. Too bad it looks like Ashihara is back to his schedule of taking breaks since it's off next week, but I guess it can't be helped.

Food Wars

Predictable outcome, glad they manage to fit the cooking and result into this one chapter to not drag it out.

I need to go to a true family restaurant if they really are like Soma says, fighting to get enough ingredients to survive the day.

Jintor

Ancient Magus Bride 1

Might need to collate some opinions on this one cos I'm not feeling it. Perhaps it's just my inherent revulsion to the concept of buying people or something but first chapter didn't hook me despite me liking all the covers and imagery and stuff.

World Trigger

Well Kaiwaii is the best of the new characters, but yeah this does fill like a battle just to pass the time. I wonder if he will instead spend more time showing us Hyuse induction ceremony instead.

Ancient Magus Bride 1

Might need to collate some opinions on this one cos I'm not feeling it. Perhaps it's just my inherent revulsion to the concept of buying people or something but first chapter didn't hook me despite me liking all the covers and imagery and stuff.

This manga focus is mainly about the character development of Elias and Chise and consequently the development of their relationship.

I love because of it and how well it portrayals magic and integrates it with folk legends. Also the art is helps bring that fantasy feeling.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Ancient Magus Bride 1

I felt the same way to be honest. It's a shame cos the world seems really interesting. The romance didn't sell me at all though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ancient Magus bride is about fatherhood, brehs.

cBj1LTf.png

Yeah, I still love the manga, but it has been stretched too far, too thin.

So long as the numbers for his readership remain consistent along with his health, he has little reason not to do things this way though; lots of mangaka would be overjoyed to have a long career like this.

Wonder what it's like for the old guys that have been reading this since the first chapter in WSM.

I find it kind of interesting that a Shonen title with writing quality that is clearly aimed at very young teenagers, tops, has been going on for almost 30 years.

Like, the writer had ample room to grow those character, but, at least when i dropped it, back in chap...500ish?, dude was quadrupling down on flanderizations, and as a result, the only fights that were moderately interesting were the ones involving Takamura, partially because he didnt go through the usual "get the shit beat out of you for 2 volumes, then overcome" fight arcs that were being used on EVERYBODY ELSE. Then he introduced Magic Bullet Time Bandanna Boy and i quit.

Would be quite surprised if his readership was, in fact, steady and not shrinking.

Shengar

Ancient Magus Bride 1

What ColossalLazy said.

Their relationship will eventually grows into something more special as the past of respective characters revealed. Beside that, it's one of the very few manga who portray magic not as shounen power or shits like that. Probably the magical imagery in Ancient Magus Bride is the closest illustration of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell magic that I can get.

Ancient Magus bride is about fatherhood, brehs.

cBj1LTf.png

It's Ancient Magus Bride, not Ancient Magus Adopted Daughter!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 221

It's like this bear is just hanging out, enjoying the show in front of him.

I'm also amused at the bald guy's cat not caring about any of this.

Lain

Gangsta:Cursed EP_ Marco Adriano volume 2

The slaughter in the city continues and no one seems able to stop the hunters.
Volume opens with kid Marco reading a story of a hero killing the bad guys inflicting suffering on people and him wantign to become just like that, which is a funny parallel to what his young self is doing: indiscriminately killing twilight and normals defending twilights, slaughtering women and children.

The downside to a story about past events is that you already know how certain events are going to end: Connie won't die, since she's alive in the present and neither will the hunters. Also seeing the hunters commit so many atrocities and knowing they won't pay for it is somewhat infuriating.

On the other hand, seeing the events that shaped the characters is cool. Seeing Marco turn around is nice and given the events it makes it clear that he has to have worked hard afterward to get his relationship with Connie going.

Wiseblade

Jump International Impressions

World Trigger

These are looking like two fodder teams. I don't see them really putting up that much of a fight.

Food Smut

This trend of people not rigging things they should be is tiring. I should just accept it and stop hoping the author will justify each instance.

One Punch Man

The Heroes Association outside of S-Class is really looking weak. And even then, most of the time they just job. All is forgiven when Saitama actually delivers a punch, though.

My Hero Academia

Never change Ball Boy, never change.

One Piece

OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom