• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

Bleach 682

RIP chair, manga is truly ending if the most powerful character dies.
And what was all this dimension hopping even for, when two chapters and some sappy friendship speeches later, we're right back at breaking swords again.

One Peice 832

Sanji doesn't use his fists, stupid dad.

Hayata No Gotoku 535

He should look for another way to misfortune. He's got the romantic skills but not the determination it seems.

balgajo

MHA
As good as always.
Tsuyu's apologize was really good. Also "The forbidden garden"...XD Tokoyami is awesome

Nisekoi this week
I'm glad that I dropped it by chapter 30 and have no emotional investment about Onodera.
She and Shuu were the only characters that I liked.

dani_dc

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 31

I thought it was her mom at first.
So confusing.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 32

Now I have no idea where the author was going with the last chapter.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 38

Well, this is totally the calm before the storm.

My Hero Academia ch. 99

Their interactions these past couple chapters have been great, very charming. lol at that kid with flame print blinds though.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 226

There was a point at which I wanted Kosaki to win.

Unfortunately her constant failure made this a foregone conclusion, she had it all and she lost it by her own inaction.

Rest in piece Kosaki, your suffering has just begun.

Nisekoi

Everyone here being happy that we might get the conclusion but then next chapter another girl falls down via parachute to introduce herself as Raku's lover cutting to the next school term were Raku has to deal with her and 3 other new girls and one boy

Revo

Tower of God s2ep206

I don't like them fighting :(
And I don't like Rak being put in this situation either :(
Arc is full of bad feels

Bleach 682

AIZEN USE YOUR BANKAI AND REDEEM THIS SHITSHOW OF AN ARC

One Piece 832

Men can only speak with their fists?

I don't think Sanji will agree to that one.

Soma 175

This arcs alright when it isnt about cooking so next chapter should suck ass

BokuHero 99

I thought Tsuyu was going to be doing frog shit in her room

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch99

Sweets trump all.

Shokugeki no Soma ch175

At this point I just wish that there will be some who actually get expelled to shake things up.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch19

Such privilege. Looks like he might get yet another royal after him.

The worst thing about Nisekoi.'s ending is that Raku himself didn't realize his feelings for Chitoge or how they were stronger then his puppy love for Onodera until Marika and Shuu basically had to spell it out for him. Makes all of this feel unearned.

VRMN

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 31

I thought it was her mom at first.
So confusing.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 32

Now I have no idea where the author was going with the last chapter.
The former was the last chapter in that magazine and was trolling with the idea that it didn't end well. Takagi's look at the camera on the last page was totally "gotcha" to the readers. The erased (by the scanner) text in the margin of the last page also said, "How did you enjoy being teased?"

The latter was the first chapter in the new magazine and is just going back to normal.

Love the series. Maybe my favorite being serialized right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The former was the last chapter in that magazine and was trolling with the idea that it didn't end well. Takagi's look at the camera on the last page was totally "gotcha" to the readers. The erased (by the scanner) text in the margin of the last page also said, "How did you enjoy being teased?"

The latter was the first chapter in the new magazine and is just going back to normal.

It's really fun. I need another chapter right now!

The nameplate says Nishikata too.

VRMN

The nameplate says Nishikata too.
I assumed dani got that part and was confused about the point of it if it wasn't the final chapter. So I pointed out that it was the final chapter of that particular serialization.

And that the point was trolling the readers who spend a lot of time griping about Nishikata's gullibility with a chapter where Takagi has turned her focus beyond the fourth wall, even beyond that. Because really, like this series was ever going to end up any other way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uryuudad and Kurosakidad got fucking robbed.

FUCK YOU KUBO TITE CHOKE ON THE HEART

phaze

Nisekoi 226

Komi a hack, dropped.

Bleach

So we had to have a change of locations and Ichigo getting BTFO and revived just cause Aizen couldn't move his ass from the chair huh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

S.S. Onodera Found on the Bottom of the Ocean; Authorities Blame Captain Kosaki's Terrible Indecision

Nisekoi

S.S. Onodera Found on the Bottom of the Ocean; Authorities Blame Captain Kosaki's Terrible Indecision

Crew: "We see an IceBerg Cap'n turn the SHIP.... TURN THE SHIP"

Cap'n Onodera: "I haven't turned this ship since the time it departed heck I haven't moved the ship at all instead I let the waves carry us since the beginning of pulling up the anchor"

Crew "Fuck we're are screwed"
---------------

WSJ Author Comments

XLti5tl.png

Welp Toriko is done.... oh well

Haikyuu!! 214

The panel at the end with Kageyama preparing to set, Id feel so embarassed if I suddently got in that mindset there. Oh well at least people eseemed to note he was serious and he is holding out well.

TsukiHina feelings were high.
CnRBPzRWIAAN7w2.jpg:small

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Crew: "We see an IceBerg Cap'n turn the SHIP.... TURN THE SHIP"

Cap'n Onodera: "I haven't turned this ship since the time it departed heck I haven't moved the ship at all instead I let the waves carry us since the beginning of pulling up the anchor"

Crew "Fuck we're are screwed"
---------------

WSJ Author Comments

Welp Toriko is done.... oh well

JAPAN - Authorities using advanced salvage equipment reported the grim fate of the S.S. Onodera after a grueling 226 week voyage that included ship-to-ship combat with several other vessels. Investigators who recovered the vessel's "black box" reported that information contained on the recording device appears to support the hypothesis that the vessel was sunk after colliding with the Chitoge Iceberg following a period of severe, unexplained inaction by the ship's captain, Kosaki. The AP has obtained exclusive audio from the black box:
(First Mate) RURI: "The navigator reports a tremendous iceberg ahead captain. We have a bit of time but I suggest we turn the ship."

CAPTAIN KOSAKI: "Don't worry, I'm sure we will have time."

(years later)

(Navigator) HARU: "I'm pretty sure we need to turn the ship, we're still heading for that iceberg."

CAPTAIN KOSAKI: "I haven't turned this ship since the time it departed, heck, I haven't moved the ship at all. Instead I let the waves carry us since the beginning of pulling up the anchor."

RURI: "Kosaki turn the damn ship we're only seconds from being sunk!"

CAPTAIN KOSAKI: "I guess I have no choi--- (sound of crashing)"

JAPAN - Authorities using advanced salvage equipment reported the grim fate of the S.S. Onodera after a grueling 226 week voyage that included ship-to-ship combat with several other vessels. Investigators who recovered the vessel's "black box" reported that information contained on the recording device appears to support the hypothesis that the vessel was sunk after colliding with the Chitoge Iceberg following a period of severe, unexplained inaction by the ship's captain, Kosaki. The AP has obtained exclusive audio from the black box:

basically her whole story in a nutshell

she just sat there and expected things to fall in her lap

the funny thing it did multiple times to the point that she was miles ahead of the others in chances but alas like her ship she herself did shit.

Toriko 379

reading this makes me want them to travel to space even more due to the pseudo physics stuff lol

I mean picture the narration dialgoue when they encounter a neutron star

Also.... BEYOND ACACIA!!! LMAO

phaze

Innocent vol 9 END

I've read this a while go so my memory is somewhat fuzzy but I'm somewhat disappointed in how this "ended". Marie's vow and the entire end storyline being put into motion by a character that arrives literally 3 chapters before the end is somewhat miffing. Even before that, the increased focus on Marie* and Maria Antonina, whose characters and endeavours (especially the latter), I don't particularly enjoy kept me from enjoying those chapters as much as the earlier ones. To boot, I feel like the very theatrical nature of manga and the plain caricaturisation of its characters, both of which was never something I was very fond of, was even more pronounced in those ending stages of the story. Still a very good manga and easily one of my favourites of the currently running/recent ones. Sakamoto is easily one of my favourite manga artists even if he does sometimes go overboard with what I imagine are various digital techniques like filtered photos and what else.

*People quite rightly condemn Charles descent but let it be said that it was Marie herself who opened their latest clash by refusing, for pointless reasons, to stop talking to Maria Antonina even though she knew it damaged Charles' and Sanson's standing in Versailles

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

I can't help but feel the same despair Yoshino feels. I don't really want another 5 fucking stages of this test, either. Putting in random Soma-Erina shipping moments in between doesn't really make a difference, its still another 4 random stops before anything is likely to happen of consequence.

There's also the fact that I'm skeptical the author can actually come up with 5 different Azami Schemes to get them expelled without it being ridiculous.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ywach: Why don't you use your bankai, Aizen!?
Aizen: Ywach, you are my bankai.

I will accept nothing less.

Ascheroth

Aizen gets put on the chair, suddenly Ywach starts attacking Soul Society.
Ywach appears in front of Aizen, the chair gets destroyed.

Coincidence? I think not!

Purgatory Dead Roll 2
Don't believe her drills. Having her as a reoccurring rival should hold my interest in this manga, regardless of how uninspiring its other elements are. I'm in two minds over the fully revealed ruleset. On the one hand it lowers the stakes/tension for each game, but on the other it opens up the possibility of the MC actually losing occasionally, since if permadeath mode was on then he'd have to constantly win. Plus there is still the threat of a permanent GAME OVER to keep things entertaining.

Shokugeki no Soma

I can't help but feel the same despair Yoshino feels. I don't really want another 5 fucking stages of this test, either. Putting in random Soma-Erina shipping moments in between doesn't really make a difference, its still another 4 random stops before anything is likely to happen of consequence.

There's also the fact that I'm skeptical the author can actually come up with 5 different Azami Schemes to get them expelled without it being ridiculous.

Even before Azami it seemed every other scene had "you're gonna be expelled!" as the threat. Can anyone even graduate from this school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom