• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Itezuru
XBVb.jpg

I liked this book.
The book mostly follows the story of Tsuru, a Shikomikko, showing us various excerpt of her life as she works and becomes a Geisha. At the same time, it shows us excerpt of other people's life as Tsuru sees them or experiences them, managing to build an interesting picture of the time period, the life of the poor and the like, though never going over the top on the drama.

I liked Tsuru. She's a nice character. She's fine with her life and doesn't hate people or her family despite being sold for 30yen. There is no struggle and she's smart enough to understand how the world works, which made the read pleasurable. Obviously, she has enough unpleasurable things happening to her (as if being sold wasn't enough), including being bullied and raped.

The book isn't written to be a denounce of the Geisha world but it's more of a romanticized look at that world and that time. By this I mean, it doesn't go out of its way to paint that world in a bad light or giving outright opinions about it. The good and the bad are both presented and they mix and mingle with each other, managing to create a sad and funny world, with a cast of nice and despicable characters.

For such an old work, I found it to be a pleasure to read and to look at, with simple but still nice and easy to follow art and I managed to learn a thing or two from it.
I don't know how it is regarded in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was a masterpiece.

pbayne

Ippo 1147

Oh yeah the gazelle punch. Ippo must have visited the move tutor to re-learn it for his pokemon style bank of 4 moves.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 26

Damn that's a high commitment to working.

Revo

Nana to Kaoru 151

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

just kill me now

Revo

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 214

needed another romance series to dull the pain
Tamaki deciding to do the big plays.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Manga-gaf is cage of eden worth a read?

Early part, sure. Later part was kinda bad. Follow lain suggestion and read Alice in borderland instead. I also recommend Drifting Classroom since the cage of eden author was clearly inspired by that manga.

Itezuru

I liked this book.
The book mostly follows the story of Tsuru, a Shikomikko, showing us various excerpt of her life as she works and becomes a Geisha. At the same time, it shows us excerpt of other people's life as Tsuru sees them or experiences them, managing to build an interesting picture of the time period, the life of the poor and the like, though never going over the top on the drama.

I liked Tsuru. She's a nice character. She's fine with her life and doesn't hate people or her family despite being sold for 30yen. There is no struggle and she's smart enough to understand how the world works, which made the read pleasurable. Obviously, she has enough unpleasurable things happening to her (as if being sold wasn't enough), including being bullied and raped.

The book isn't written to be a denounce of the Geisha world but it's more of a romanticized look at that world and that time. By this I mean, it doesn't go out of its way to paint that world in a bad light or giving outright opinions about it. The good and the bad are both presented and they mix and mingle with each other, managing to create a sad and funny world, with a cast of nice and despicable characters.

For such an old work, I found it to be a pleasure to read and to look at, with simple but still nice and easy to follow art and I managed to learn a thing or two from it.
I don't know how it is regarded in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was a masterpiece.
Artwork looks great and it's about geisha? I think i'm going to try reading i.

Dansan Joushi 10-12

Braided pubic hair.
Chest hair as a brush
Writing 'bush'.
Aikatsu with pube rare card.
Yo, WTF author!?

Kume Short (one shot)

A girl live in a 2nd floor condo. What she didn't know is that the hide a terrible secret. Pun related humor, reader be warned. This could be a serious SF story, but since this is Kumeta, he turn it into an absurd humor.

Zweizer

Banned
Furumapura ch11

Normal is best~

Comic Girls vol2.ch0

Such a cheerful pessimist~

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch18

Well, at least he did all he wanted to do.

Yandere Kanojo ch74

Happy birthday~

Looks like it's nearing its end from this side as well.

Kyoumen no Silhouette ch20

Well that explains a lot.

Zweizer

Banned
Going after that Korean NTR market.

Nana to Kaoru ch151

Disgusting.

Dansan Joshi ch10-12

Kids these days grow so fast.

Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure ch5

At least his business is booming.

Nisekoi

After the first two pages skimmed the chapter. I assume the editor of the manga is a believer in garbage in garbage out and let this mess of an arc pass with no qualms. How do you not choose Onodera even after saying you love/loved her, shes no gorilla even. Are all non bl romances written this atrociously?

So um, I don't know if you guys knew but there is a Donald Trump hentai out there....yup. It's mostly just photoshop but still, there's A DONALD TRUMP HENTAI. It's hillarious actually.

Nisekoi

After the first two pages skimmed the chapter. I assume the editor of the manga is a believer in garbage in garbage out and let this mess of an arc pass with no qualms. How do you not choose Onodera even after saying you love/loved her, shes no gorilla even. Are all non bl romances written this atrociously?
No, there is some well written stuff from time to time. Harem manga plots are usually trash though.
So um, I don't know if you guys knew but there is a Donald Trump hentai out there....yup. It's mostly just photoshop but still, there's A DONALD TRUMP HENTAI. It's hillarious actually.
Oh hey, something I'd never wanna see but need to see anyways.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Lol @ DTL feeling the pain of going down with his ship.

Bought lots of manga which helped me to finally finish having every part 2 volume of naruto, now I can focus on completing BLeach, and then move on to finishing fairy tail. Also the final volume of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gakkyu Hotei. Another volume of Magic Index LN and another naruto shippuden dvd.

tumblr_oaj4y2VS2W1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Dont Be Cruel v1/2 [BL]
Servamp
Neon Genesis Evangelion v13/14 end
Servamp of the End 9
Battle Rabbits 1
Assassination Classroom 10
BLack Clover 1
BLoody Mary 3
Gakkyu Hotei School Judgment 3 end
His Favorite 9 [BL]
Naruto 69, 70, 71, 72 end
Naruto Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring

Kieli

Latest shokugeki:

Man, this old lady doesn't know when to quit. This advancement arc will be boring if it continues to be filled with these scrub, no-name examiners.

Revo

Chikyuu no Houkago 23

Fair amount of carelessness to not make sure it worked.
Man things have been getting weirder and weirder.

MCD

Watched My Hero Academia and read the manga immediately. Love it.

But I really hate Bakugo. Or whatever the author is trying to do with him. It's like he really wants to create another insufferable Sasuke.

Zweizer

Banned
Tejina Senpai ch22

I can totally see such a business booming, with a few adjustments.

Yuri Kuma Arashi ch22

It took some work, but at least she's at peace now.

Verelios

3 Gatsu no Lion v11

The old men filling in at the bar, with the fruit and the alcohol.

Raidou giving advice based on his past experiences.

Raidou not willing to say "I lose".

"Sit in a tree and eat bugs".

Gyoza around the table.

Akari at her reunion.

I can't deal with this volume.
That last one destroyed me. Talking about depression-

Sekine-kun Chapters 29-30

Feel incredibly bad for him. He's socially awkward in a way that his good looks undermine his anxiety.

dani_dc

Domestic no Kanojo 85

Hina/Rui father looks like an older Natsuo.
I suppose that's why they both want to jump on him.

Watch the father being Natsuo real dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom