• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Huh, I used to use a cataloguing app for my IRL library but back when I was doing it it was way too goddamn slow. Anything faster out these days?

Watched My Hero Academia and read the manga immediately. Love it.

But I really hate Bakugo. Or whatever the author is trying to do with him. It's like he really wants to create another insufferable Sasuke.
Bakugou is a great character, the more you read the better he gets.

Quasar

Huh, I used to use a cataloguing app for my IRL library but back when I was doing it it was way too goddamn slow. Anything faster out these days?

I still use librarything for mine. The app has a barcode reader so that speeds things up.

Of course my movement to almost digital only has made it a bit more cumbersome. I can add digitial versions of books, its just a bit less streamlined.

And checking goodreads, they at least allow direct import of kindle history.

Lain

Just for shits and giggles, I went ahead and cataloged my irl manga collection. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKilG9vilGQnDdf597H9K0p-DR11n_8nv9NyzCq17LM/edit?usp=sharing

322 books.

I wish I could get arsed to add the English manga volumes I own to the count. Even exporting the Italian volumes from the website I use to keep track was annoying.

I'm at 6463 volumes just for the Italian releases.

D-Frag! Vol.08

poor guy, only known by his hair

Indeed, a wig is all that's needed to fool everybody.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I think I got like fifty-ish manga volumes total. I only have so much room for books though so I try to keep it in check.

Prison School ch. 222

Let's get a move on already, dawg.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Student Cavalry Namek is worse than the first Beamspam Namek in Magi.

Prison School 222

It may seem like Namek but this has only been going on for 20 chapters so its not even close.

JoJolion 56

Joushuu is still a huge asshole so he gets cursed with...a mix between Hey Ya! and Harvest where he just keeps getting more money somehow? How does this turn bad.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 56

A Joshuu chapter?

70hRs1W.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A Joshuu Arc.

It's obvious going to turn into some kind of debt thing. I remember part 6 had one of these kinds of powers? Or Part 7.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Alluka. Basically the money is a hot potato and Joshuu's none the wiser. It only remains to be seen what horrible fate he'll suffer.

A Joshuu Arc.

It's obvious going to turn into some kind of debt thing. I remember part 6 had one of these kinds of powers? Or Part 7.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Alluka. Basically the money is a hot potato and Joshuu's none the wiser. It only remains to be seen what horrible fate he'll suffer.

The debt one was Marilyn Manson in Part 6, with the Liver stealing.

Part 7 had Sugar Mountain which is somewhat similar.

Alice In Borderland 13

WOAH, this just went from a decent manga to a pretty great one.

If anyone is interested in survival/psychological manga this is pretty good so far.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I wish I could get arsed to add the English manga volumes I own to the count. Even exporting the Italian volumes from the website I use to keep track was annoying.

I'm at 6463 volumes just for the Italian releases.

Indeed, a wig is all that's needed to fool everybody.

Wow, that's a lot!
I think i only have around 600 or something? I think i'll give it a count one of these days (i lost around hundred of books due to flood and riot, so not counting that one)

Jojolion 56

Fuck Joshuu, but damn his stand is so damn cool. I sure hope he got his desert.

Tokusatsu Gagaga 7

Oh yeah, i too tempted to buy happy meal to get one of those toys.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch222

Hopefully shit will finally hit the fan next.

Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata ch6

That's some remarkable dedication.

Hakoiri Drops ch28

Nice color chapter.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch79

Such an intense battle.

bobohoro

Didn't even realise it until quoted. I need to get my mind into the gutter again.

Just for shits and giggles, I went ahead and cataloged my irl manga collection. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKilG9vilGQnDdf597H9K0p-DR11n_8nv9NyzCq17LM/edit?usp=sharing

322 books.

I started cataloging entertainment media way too late in my life. Only accurate account I got of stuff is LNs, since I bought my first a year ago. I'm up to 29 now.

My library of music CDs is also kinda accurate, sitting at roughly 970 discs, probably around 900 albums all together. Books, manga, comics and stuff though? Scattered through many shelfs, rooms and even houses, which kinda makes me sad. Started to take better care of literature stuff in the last two years at least.

Youkai Shoujo 79

Hime-chan remains the best.

Is My Hobby Weird? 6

So fluffy and cute.

pbayne

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 1

Holy shit Yotaro is so tall in the manga. Also the art is really...sleazy looking at times?

Caught up on All-Rounder Meguru

There's nothing really in the way of plot in this its more or less just a collection of fights. But it scratches that itch for an mma manga and its characters are decent and funny at times.

Revo

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 33

It's because we needed a delinquent character!
But she's just so nice instead.

Big One

Banned
Hello Big One, are you finishing up reading Bleach
Dude I'm trying but I get more bored every page I read.

I caught up with it a couple of months ago but fell asleep reading it. Ok, not really, but man was it boring. I had to slog through that Shunsui fight.

Most boring Bleach arc to date that's for sure. Ichigo's mom flashback was pretty good though. But seriously it isn't even worth deconstructing or criticizing the individual chapters or even the various character arcs at this point when the core storytelling is inherently flawed.

Let's Lagoon 49

Yeah, it's important that the contest between the two rivals is completely fair. That means banning anything that might give Chika an advantage. Or just banning her outright.

Minamoto-kun 191

VA girl may actually be less interesting than sports girl. Unless her upcoming idea involves S&M play or something. Also after looking back at previous chapters, I think she's been drawn about a foot smaller in this one.

Rowena

Neo Member
Got more LNs today. Hope ReZero is a bit more detailed than the anime.

Can you or anyone else please clear something up for me? What is the difference between the "light novel" for Re:Zero and the "Manga" for Re:Zero?(which releases next week). Kinda confused on which to buy. Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom