• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you can probably assume they get it on at some point in in the interim because I doubt Chitoge's job training involves her literally never seeing her boyfriend as though he lives on Mars or something.

You say this, but we already establised in universe that Raku, Chitoge, and Marika's moms all don't live with them, they almost never see them, and they along with the dads/husbands have basically no relationship with them. If Chitoge doesn't move away for work that would basically betray the theme of the series, that if your mom/wife is around you're a loser (see Onodera and Imouto)

In honor (?) of Bleach ending, I have compiled together a list of the best chapter names - because in these times, it would be good for us to remember that Kubo was always crazy you wouldn't be remiss for thinking he was making Dance Dance Revolution songs instead of manga chapters. I'm not even gonna front, half of these would make excellent band names. I claim Tug Your God Out.

tMbKPTB.png

u1NyEqS.png

L1QJnHa.png

B3lJ4Mj.png

7QxYDOF.png

9K2CyBZ.png

p5YvS51.png

IWb4fPX.png

ZDuzmoY.png

HvHWwuH.png

KpbG6eH.png

XV9x0Gt.png

esA6zKS.png

hnvqcxO.png

mNEuYhW.png

tCVtFVc.png

Htpn5Ug.png

pJ3F6kx.png

tJ30EEm.png

pJukOb1.png

FE1GZCG.png

xLOITVF.png

QMK5q5i.png

ESrbgfI.png

Meuj47F.png

(the classic)

ZSjicJA.png

KS4yRqc.png

WBUmSaB.png

ZmwABGt.png

qUj8MSG.png

3hVap1r.png

I8QwUlR.png

aj1GKOp.png

9YyfPLR.png

1Tx9fkh.png

5e1DudG.png

HpXVg6h.png

pcISRXO.png

M9u49im.png

uVNfmbL.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My favorite part of Deicide is when, in one of these threads, someone complained about how the arc was dragging out and that Gin should just "Decide" already. Someone else had to point out that Deicide is a real word.

Haly

I think this one wins the award for most engrish chapter title:
QMK5q5i.png

S8zh4aU.gif

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch101

Some needed variation.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch7

She's not lacking in ambition. Too bad she's such a poor leader.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto ch14

All because of longer hair.

phaze

In honor (?) of Bleach ending, I have compiled together a list of the best chapter names - because in these times, it would be good for us to remember that Kubo was always crazy you wouldn't be remiss for thinking he was making Dance Dance Revolution songs instead of manga chapters. I'm not even gonna front, half of these would make excellent band names. I claim Tug Your God Out.

HpXVg6h.png

Chapter number pls. I refuse to believe it.

pbayne

Yuri Kuma Arashi 1-22

Lol what a 180 from the anime. But its still a cute SOL and i like some of the stuff they added like Ginko's mom and wtf the school is co-ed and Life Sexy is the school council president...yes that's a money idea.

The saddest thing about Bleach ending is the last arc started 4 or 5 years ago and the ending is still gonna be rush because Kubo spent a years worth of chapters on giant luchadors, zombies and imagination battles

Big One

Banned
The saddest thing about Bleach ending is the last arc started 4 or 5 years ago and the ending is still gonna be rush because Kubo spent a years worth of chapters on giant luchadors, zombies and imagination battles
Sums up the problem with Bleach. There's just a severe lack of story or motivation behind the battles that are happening on the screen. All the matchups are random.

Lain

It turns into to straight up smut, right? I watched the OVAs and hated it. I should have researched it further, but I was interested after seeing that it was a slice of life show. The only episode I liked was the anime one, but only slightly.

I'd argue the manga is straight smut from the beginning. What it turns into is... a rant about stuff.

That list of shitty Bleach names is TREMENDOUS
Cmon
Never has a chapter name so perfectly summed up my feelings on a series. Also I reread it and remembered Quincy zombies and that cockroach/quincy girl-who-might-have-a-penis-wait-a-minute-that-was-never-cleared-up-was-it were a thing which promptly caused me to say "what the hell" out loud. It was a good chapter and by good I mean in the sense that it didn't have a cowboy quincy go-go-boy turn into a Salvador Dali flamingo only to be killed by that guy with the weird haircut and the square sword that makes things weight more whose name I don't even care about enough to google.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Chitoge: "I am so happy we finally got together. However, I must IMMEDIATELY LEAVE FOR SEVERAL YEARS for extremely vague reasons."

Raku: "You can't even finish high school....?"

Chitoge: "NO I HAVE TO GO NOW"

Raku: "Can I have a kiss before you leave so we can resolve the manga?"

Chitoge: *runs away and boards helicopter*

Onodera: "...well, you know I'm still single."

Raku: "Nah, fuck that shit, I made my decision."

Onodera: "I respect your decision and I am happy for you and Chitoge. Now I will silently pine for you for eternity and die a lonely spinster."

The best part of the "I'M OFF TO DISNEYLAND" thing in Nisekoi is that this whole time they were basically making travelling to the US the international equivalent of going to the store to grab some instant noodles so you'd think she being there would mean jack shit because she can basically just come back to Japan in weekends a the snap of a finger as far as this series is concerned.

But nope, work shit fuck.

Haly

Hi-Score Girl taught me you're always supposed to wait for your waifu to come back from America.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Raku's family is super rich and so its Chitoge's and they don't even explain what in the fuck this job is, nor why it would be even vaguely desirable for Chitoge to have a job like her mom's when its pretty apparent her mom is a shitty mom, a shitty person, and is perpetually absent from the life of her family.

I mean, as far as MY PLANET NEEDS ME exits go, this one is pretty out of left field even if its obvious its just the Toradora plot device.

Haly

I remember when this happened in Ichigo 100%.

Still the greatest love triangle OF ALL TIME.

Oh yeah, now I remember getting pissy that the ponytail chick didn't win

My first experience in "losing" I suppose. Also the first harem manga I ever read with an actual ending, I should probably reread that to cleanse my palate from Nisekoi and whatever the soap opera fuck the GE ending author is doing right now.

jman2050

I hope Komi is setting up for one final troll, but I suspect he's just gonna ride the cliche wave right to the bitter end no matter what.

I mean, Raku's family is super rich and so its Chitoge's and they don't even explain what in the fuck this job is, nor why it would be even vaguely desirable for Chitoge to have a job like her mom's when its pretty apparent her mom is a shitty mom, a shitty person, and is perpetually absent from the life of her family.

I mean, as far as MY PLANET NEEDS ME exits go, this one is pretty out of left field even if its obvious its just the Toradora plot device.

Nah the MY PLANET NEEDS ME plot device was used and abused long before Toradora was ever a thing. Heck, the novel kind of subverted it when you think about it cause it was all set up to play it straight except it turned out she wasn't even gone for two months!

Of course JC Staff did their own thing so there's that.

Oh yeah, now I remember getting pissy that the ponytail chick didn't win

My first experience in "losing"

It's extra salt-inducing cause you lost to a character poll!

balgajo

]These comically evil instructors in Soma are pretty dumb. They go out of their way to cheat and make them fail but the dishes tasting good is too much to handle[/B]? Can't they just lie about it tasting good and fail them anyways? You know, like what Erina did in the first chapter.

Shokugeki was one of my favorites running mangas until Aizen showed up. Sigh...

Tomo 364 - 367

I don't think I'd want to get hit by one of those balls. Also Misuzu is quite devious.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 1 - 3

pretty funny story about a captured princess trying to sleep comfortably in the castle jail cell.

Angry Grimace

I hope Komi is setting up for one final troll, but I suspect he's just gonna ride the cliche wave right to the bitter end no matter what.

Nah the MY PLANET NEEDS ME plot device was used and abused long before Toradora was ever a thing. Heck, the novel kind of subverted it when you think about it cause it was all set up to play it straight except it turned out she wasn't even gone for two months!

Of course JC Staff did their own thing so there's that.

It's extra salt-inducing cause you lost to a character poll!

I wasn't suggesting Toradora invented it (it certainly didn't) its just the most obvious example to anime fans, I imagine (since Toradora was really popular). Lots and lots of series do it; they did the same shit in Ichigo 100.

jman2050

I wasn't suggesting Toradora invented it (it certainly didn't) its just the most obvious example to anime fans, I imagine (since Toradora was really popular). Lots and lots of series do it; they did the same shit in Ichigo 100.

My favorite instance of this was Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo where the MC starts as insufferable garbage, remains insufferable garbage before ans after hooking up with Shiina, and is treated like insufferable garbage throughout. By the end the author's solution to fixing his deeply flawed unlikeable main character was to break the main couple up for no reason and arbitrarily time skip four years and poof, our MC is now capable and mature and responsible and will totally be a great partner to the main girl for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom