• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimamire Sukeban Chainsaw 1
A5omtMz.png
Zombies, chainsaws and high-school girls. Gratuitous violence, puerile humour and bizarre facial expressions. I lost enough IQ points reading this that the zombies that featured are now smarter than me.

Itchy.
Tasty.

jbug617

Banned
Horimiya 60

Kyoko's mind is full DTL. It's really strange for a girlfriend to think her boyfriend would be stolen by his best friend.

Lain

Zombies, chainsaws and high-school girls. Gratuitous violence, puerile humour and bizarre facial expressions. I lost enough IQ points reading this that the zombies that featured are now smarter than me.

Itchy.
Tasty.

Without looking, I get the feeling that's the same artist from Satanister.
At least those eyes remind me of Satanister.

Itchy.
Tasty.

Oh shit, it's finally getting translated? Been on my wishlist forever.

Arabesque

Im glad world trigger is at over 3.5mln sales. Hopefully it at least gets 20mln by the end of its lifetime.

As much as I love World Trigger, isn't that unlikely to ever happen? Unless the manga goes to 60+ volumes or it has a large rise in readership (both improbable given the series was never a mega hit and the anime is about to end) there is no way it can get to 20mln normally. I mean, I guess anything can happen to get it there but at this stage it's doubtful.

Shouta

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi Ch 44 Raw (End)

That was basically the ending I was expecting and pretty satisfying. It does make me question the English title though, lol.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi Ch 44 Raw (End)

That was basically the ending I was expecting and pretty satisfying. It does make me question the English title though, lol.
I think it still fit though
He erased his 15 years life/previous life to get where he is today

random25

Tomo-chan 271

Give 'em their grandkids, Tomo. They'll help you take care of them.

And one week hiatus...noooooo!

Prison School 207

This calvary battle is just crazy. Poor Kiyoshi.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dead Dead Demon Dedededestruction 28
Look at all those naive young college students.Thing about to get real bad soon.

Prison School 207

I fucking knew it. Yup, no way Hana and Kiyoshi exchange just a one time joke.

Shouta

I think it still fit though
He erased his 15 years life/previous life to get where he is today

I think looking at it like that kind of misses the point of the title. I mean
the JP title better represents what the series is about, not just on a mechanical level, but in concept and theme. The series isn't just about the mystery but exploring the consequences of choosing not to be involved, not to be there. Satoru's version of the title drop is about what is born as a result of choosing to be a participant. As he says in the last chapter, his treasure is what was written/engraved in the town and time he wasn't there, the fruits of him choosing to be that hero, to continue fighting for what's right. I think Erased as a title works on a mechanical level but doesn't hit on this aspect of the series. I'm sure it could be written to fit the drop in but I think it loses meaning.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I think looking at it like that kind of misses the point of the title. I mean
the JP title better represents what the series is about, not just on a mechanical level, but in concept and theme. The series isn't just about the mystery but exploring the consequences of choosing not to be involved, not to be there. Satoru's version of the title drop is about what is born as a result of choosing to be a participant. As he says in the last chapter, his treasure is what was written/engraved in the town and time he wasn't there, the fruits of him choosing to be that hero, to continue fighting for what's right. I think Erased as a title works on a mechanical level but doesn't hit on this aspect of the series. I'm sure it could be written to fit the drop in but I think it loses meaning.
Oh, that is a good one.
Hmm, i think i need to reread the ending (probably with proper translation)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Demi chan wa kataritai 10
Iron man pimp hand is STRONG!

Tetsunaki no Kirinji 1-15

No idea why i keep trying new mahjong manga to read. I think i'm starting to fall into the darkness! Darkness called mahjong!
A 30 y.o unemployed father who is also an expert in online mahjong decide to try out gambling mahjong for real to feed him and his daughter. Exactly what you expect from a mahjong manga. It's hard to sympathize with the dad because his addiction cause him to be jobless and divorce. Seriously, if i'm the mother, i'll be worried too if i have to let my daughter to his care.

Lain

Alice in Borderland vol 12
BRJb.jpg

Some deserved
sex
and then a switch to 20 other people doing what the people in this series do best:
fucking each other over for no reason at all

Zweizer

Banned
Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch10

Hang in there, Satou sensei~

Nejimaki Kagyu ch40

Working there as a teacher must be hell of a tough job considering how many students are off the rockers.

Zweizer

Banned
Hakoiri Drops ch21

Such bullies.

Not Lives ch30.5

Amamiya is OP. You shouldn't neglect her Mikami!

Not Lives ch30.5

So many big players.

Lain

On one hand, yay, Erased/Boku dake ga Inai Machi licensed in Italy (by a serious publisher)!!
Die Wergelder too. More Samura can only be good.

On the other hand, another publisher dropped titles because for some (unknown) reason they ended their partnership with a licensor (Shueisha this time). Forget Me Not (the Yuuki Obata one), Stand Up! (the Aiji Yamakawa one) and Daytime Shooting Star (this one was only missing the extra volume) gone.

This year Italian publishers are working overtime to make me feel like a moron for buying manga.

Zweizer

Banned
That sucks. Are all these cancellations a consequence of a problem with the publishers as a whole in Italy? Hopefully it won't become a trend there.

Lain

That sucks. Are all these cancellations a consequence of a problem with the publishers as a whole in Italy? Hopefully it won't become a trend there.

The two biggest ones don't seem to have any issue (the one that announced Erased has a perfectly working relationship with Kodansha, Shueisha etc), so I don't think there is a problem with the publishers in Italy as a whole. The middle to smaller ones seem to be having problems here and there though.

Zweizer

Banned
The two biggest ones don't seem to have any issue (the one that announced Erased has a perfectly working relationship with Kodansha, Shueisha etc), so I don't think there is a problem with the publishers in Italy as a whole. The middle to smaller ones seem to be having problems here and there though.

So it's mostly an issue of smallers publishers overstretching themselves? Or is it the market that's shriking?

dani_dc

Prison School 207

"My erection's powerless against them!"

I am beyond myself that a series exists in which such sentences are said and, not only do I accept it as normal, I am still be able to take the situation seriously.

I'm in the minority that actually would prefer if Guts doesn't have to do anything: I would love Griffith's dream being shattered by his own hubris.

You're not alone, I'd like each to go in their own direction, and see Guts dedicate his time to Casca.

Shouta

Prison School 208 (Raw)

Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of a pounding.A pounding that signifies the death of our friend, Kiyoshi. ;_;

/salute

Seraph Of the End 43

They know that we just want Mika sucking Yuu so instead of giving it to us he will keep on making us litrally thirst for it. My heart :( Why cant't Mika just give in and suck Yuu, Yuu even offers it in both his demon form and his human form.

I hope they rescue Krul. I like this Seraph of the End arc though, has the potential to be really compelling. Though I kind of think Narumi may die, no point having him stick around when things get tough since his whole unit has been off'd, though one never knows.
tumblr_o3oie9Uu001qbxqfpo1_540.png

Lain

So it's mostly an issue of smallers publishers overstretching themselves? Or is it the market that's shriking?

I feel like it's a bit of both. The market has been shrinking over the years and some publishers tried to become bigger too fast.

Though while overstretching was definitely a thing in regards to the Kodansha block last month for Edizioni BD (supposedly, the contract Grani & Partners had with Kodansha required a certain amount of licenses bought each year, which was sustainable by G&P -they are big- but not by Edizioni BD -they're not as big- so their plan to buy GP Manga -G&P new manga publishing business- to get the Kodansha titles and contacts when G&P decided to sell the manga business ended up backfiring) I can't fully understand this new one.

The Shueisha titles frozen for Flashbook are... 4, 2 of which could be considered half frozen in Japan too (Returners, Forget Me Not), 1 coming out really slowly (Stand Up!) and 1 finished (Daytime Shooting Star, of which we were only missing the extra volume).
2 new titles, a one shot and a miniseries in 2 volumes (Houkago x Ponytail and Unubore Heart's Cry -I love Ayuko so this blows-) were supposed to start releasing this month but have been scrapped (which is what started the news) supposedly because not enough preorders (by bookstores? the reason feels... weird).

At least they claim they're gonna release the new Five Star Stories book soon.
My shojo intake took a blow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom