• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLack Clover 52
Cc9uvDKW0AAdod5.jpg

One year of serialization, congrats for surviving Dorksta and co.

Dorksta had a great final line for the chapter. I was excited. He also was fired up too which was hilarious. I think the mix of comedy and action is perfect in this magna.

World Trigger 134

We can finally attack the Hyuse plot. Hopefully he saves Yotaro and joins Mikumo squad.

Zweizer

Banned
I feel like it's a bit of both. The market has been shrinking over the years and some publishers tried to become bigger too fast.

Though while overstretching was definitely a thing in regards to the Kodansha block last month for Edizioni BD (supposedly, the contract Grani & Partners had with Kodansha required a certain amount of licenses bought each year, which was sustainable by G&P -they are big- but not by Edizioni BD -they're not as big- so their plan to buy GP Manga -G&P new manga publishing business- to get the Kodansha titles and contacts when G&P decided to sell the manga business ended up backfiring) I can't fully understand this new one.

The Shueisha titles frozen for Flashbook are... 4, 2 of which could be considered half frozen in Japan too (Returners, Forget Me Not), 1 coming out really slowly (Stand Up!) and 1 finished (Daytime Shooting Star, of which we were only missing the extra volume).
2 new titles, a one shot and a miniseries in 2 volumes (Houkago x Ponytail and Unubore Heart's Cry -I love Ayuko so this blows-) were supposed to start releasing this month but have been scrapped (which is what started the news) supposedly because not enough preorders (by bookstores? the reason feels... weird).

At least they claim they're gonna release the new Five Star Stories book soon.
My shojo intake took a blow though.

A I see. Sounds like the consequences of a string of bad decisions on the Edizioni front. The Flashbook situation sucks as well.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Food Wars! 157

Ill guess it ends in a tie, since one judge tied, the other could tie and thus there would be no winner. I hope. They sounded less enthusiastic from Kurokiba's dish than for Rennys.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

It's Nisekoi so I'm bound to be disappointed when this goes nowhere. It's kind of sad that this story has had such a tiny amount of actual buildup but is far more interesting than the main pairing. That's because a romance that goes for 225 chapters by default requires a certain degree of obliviousness and denial from everyone involved, of course, and given that Ruri/Shuu has had like maybe 15 chapters total of content devoted to it over 5 years, it comes off fresher.

BLue Exorcist 77
Cc94aHAXEAAOayw.jpg

Almost thought it was going to become simply blue exorcist but then the whole Yukio handling it. I kind of wish he actually went through with his plan as it would finally get us to get past his inferiority experiments and such. He needs to move on if he isnt going to actively try to grow through other means.

Just read that Blame is getting reprinted in its Master Edition form (6 larger books) and Vertical is publishing some more Junji Ito as well. Sweet!

Blame is a little cryptic (or incomprehensible?), though not as much as Biomega, but love that art work and I do kind of like that it's cryptic and weird.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 476

ok, this chapter was very good
but i am still skeptical about losing the magic power thing for ever, especially for young heros, after all , this is fairy tail where no hero actually dies.

i really wish they show us adult wendy.

oh btw , they really need this RIGHT NOW!

3cvGLeB.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 476

ok, this chapter was very good
but i am still skeptical about losing the magic power thing for ever, especially for young heros, after all , this is fairy tail where no hero actually dies.

i really wish they show us adult wendy.

oh btw , they really need this RIGHT NOW!

3cvGLeB.jpg

I'm guessing it really is permanent - its not like Chelia died, she just lost her powers and this is the last arc. They already had adult Wendy in Edolas, anyways, so I doubt they'll bother to resolve that.

Green Worldz End

Gorgeous color page for the final chapter, however, I think with the route they went it was just a really unsatisfying end and all they really did was put off the green world from happening for 30 yrs. The timeline situation gives too much freedom and choice for ending and becomes something that is unsatisfying where science fiction stories are concerned. Unless you get trapped in a timeline it just becomes too "the journey was a waste of time". In the timeline for pt 3, for example, they fight the plants and the giant one that can shoot water and the giant walking plant humanoid hybrid but then its defeated and the plant world is still there and theyre still fighting for three years. I would have liked the defeat of all the plants to normal levels to have happened there, not a timeline shift to another timeline to just prevent the green world from happening.

Oh well, that was a decent story at times.

bobohoro

Swap (One-shot) by Shimoda Asami

Cut short yuri story about swapping the belongings of your love in order to get mentally closer to her.

I like the rhyming going on there.
Cute.

Boku No Hero Academia 81

This is getting intense. Deku's face is beyond savage already, can't think he will pull many more punches.
And then he does.
And it will be awesome.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Super Secret 1-9

Basically a childhood friend romance, except the guy and his family are monsters.

It's so damn cute, so of course it doesn't have any translations ;-;

rrvv

Nisekoi 208

I will say it. Shuu probably already knew that Ruri have feeling toward him since beginning. And he use this opportunity to tease her

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 208

I will say it. Shuu probably already knew that Ruri have feeling toward him since beginning. And he use this opportunity to tease her
But she really didn't

rrvv

But she really didn't
More like she ignoring the fact. Is one of those subconscious feeling from standard tsundere. Wether it turn into romantic one is remind to be see thought.
My point is that Shuu certainly observed something with Ruri that she herself don't realize. Which explains why some of his action is just to tease her.

Started ReLIFE man am I hooked.
At chapter 50 am I crazy thinking
the female MC will be the female manager it keeps showing in the MC`s flashbacks

Furumapura 1

iGtC9bh.png

4-komedy series about an energetic idiot and a girl who only communicates using signs numbered 1-10. I give the premise a 7. Will follow to see the greatest mystery of our time solved, i.e. where she stores all those signs.

Zweizer

Banned
Furumapura 1

iGtC9bh.png

4-komedy series about an energetic idiot and a girl who only communicates using signs numbered 1-10. I give the premise a 7. Will follow to see the greatest mystery of our time solved, i.e. where she stores all those signs.

Furumapura ch1 by Cool Kyoushinsha

Yuri 4koma by Cool Kyoushinsha. Instant interest.

Angry Grimace

More like she ignoring the fact. Is one of those subconscious feeling from standard tsundere. Wether it turn into romantic one is remind to be see thought.
My point is that Shuu certainly observed something with Ruri that she herself don't realize. Which explains why some of his action is just to tease her.

Meh, we saw her internal monologue and I don't know that we can say that she really liked him, at least prior to now. She kind of thought he was a thoughtless douche until this chapter until she looked back on it and realized he was never actually that way.

bobohoro

So is Keijo good?

It started off in a somewhat dumb gimmicky way that was still entertaining and evolved into the best current battle manga with the last arc.
And there is some decent yuri-harem somewhere in there as well.

Keijo 79

I knew it was Qi-gong all along.

Lain

Keijo 79

For a moment there I feared her secret trick had to do with farting power. Luckily it turned out to be something else.

Cornbread78

bottom of the page, damn...

So I was hoping you guys might be able to answer a couple questions for me on some upcoming anime series this spring: (maybe summed up in 1 paragraph)

These are the questions for each manga based series:

- What kind of show it is
- Why you should watch it

- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Magi: Adventure of Sinbad
- JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
- Bakuon!!
- Sousei no Onmyouji
- Flying Witch
- Big Order
- Terra Formars Revenge
- Super Lovers

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom