• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Prison School 208

tumblr_m6kdegU2Vu1rs64k3o3_250.gif

That chapter broke my heart

Rymuth

Kaiji Kazuya-hen 101-115

Wish Kaiji would learn from his mistakes. The match is in his favor right now but you just know Kazuya will wreck him.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul is a series I'd have kept reading if not for this thread talking like ~100 or so chapters ahead and I realized I have no fucking idea who even 1 of the named characters is and I decided "this gonna get dumb I'm out"

Most of Tokyo Ghoul's additional characters flesh out existing groups -- organizations filled with actual people. They haven't actually added any new factions since the beginning of :re, just slowly unveiled more and more players to the reader's viewpoint.

Man, Prison School has kinda gone downhill imo. At first it was good because it was kinda realistic with the prison and everything, but ever since the USC got imprisoned it's just been getting a bit too ridiculous and I'm starting to find a lot of the jokes falling flat. Especially the whole pissing situation with Hana, that shit's just gotten so stupid. It's a shame because I really enjoyed it at first.

But I continue to read because I must know what the hell happened with the principal.

Kyuur

DDDDDDDD 27-29

Hooray, its back! Now where's my english volumes. ;_;

Like where the story headed, I was worried we would be without Ontan and Kadode for too long. Also lmao at Ontan's brother being a hot shot in high school, the transition was perfect.

Viridian6

Prison School went from glorious smut to regular smut after they got out of prison. And I despise what the author did to best character Meiko.

It still has its moments now and then, such as right now.

bobohoro

Man, Prison School has kinda gone downhill imo. At first it was good because it was kinda realistic with the prison and everything, but ever since the USC got imprisoned it's just been getting a bit too ridiculous and I'm starting to find a lot of the jokes falling flat. Especially the whole pissing situation with Hana, that shit's just gotten so stupid. It's a shame because I really enjoyed it at first.

But I continue to read because I must know what the hell happened with the principal.

Kinda realistic?
You know some scary ass schools.

There was a bit of a lull between arcs, I agree, but the only thing that annoys me in current Prison School is the development of Meiko, everything else is a straight 10 for me. It's just ridiculously awesome.
And nothing involving Hana was ever a let-down. The whole romance with Kyoshi is some of the best in entertainment history, pissing and all.

UQ Holder 115

I don't think using kisses with a girl in love with you as a means to an end is really all that nice Tota.

G-Unit

379ch.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder 115

I don't think using kisses with a girl in love with you as a means to an end is really all that nice Tota.

He's a literal clone of Negi Springfield. He doesn't understand the concept of what he's doing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Prison School ch. 208
And so, in a desperate attempt to solve the problem, Kiyoshi used his secret jojo technique.
TOKI YO TOMARE

Mechanical Meldina 1-13 (END)
Man, Robot Wars suddenly became a lot more one-sided.

Meldina Stalina, aka Mechanical Meldina, is a humanity hating machine fanatic from a renowned (and largely dead) family. She stumbles across an oversized, crab-esque machine in a junkyard (which she inspirationally names 'Machina') and begins an elongated chain of events delving into the sordid history behind her parents' deaths, their family secrets and blah blah blah.
I don't really have anything positive to say about this series. It had a handful of interesting ideas, but they were all asphyxiated by the author's inability to tell a coherent story. At least it was put out of its misery relatively quickly.

phaze

Prison School

Hana just shot herself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can get a boyfriend by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to repent by kissing Chiyo's feet.

---
I'd generally agree that PS has been subpar most of the time lately but I'm not sure how much of it is, me catching up and having to read it weekly and how much the fact that they're no longer in the titular Prison. The various, ridiculous, escape keikakus and the resulting tension was probably my favourite thing about it and outside of Hana&Kiyoshi under blanket, (which dragged a lot IIRC) all this buildup for the current battle felt flat for me.

Tower of God

lol another power up for Bam ? He just got one, supposedly ground breaking one 10 chapters ago. This series combines the worst of Naruto, OP, and Bleach yet for some reason, I still enjoy it to an extent.

Love Tyrant 29

See, this why no Harem MC ever rejects a girl.

Cause when he does, the daughter of Jesus/God/I can'tquiterememberwhatexactlywhich literally turns into a horny, winged demon.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ajin 37

Tower lock down

No escape

All humans within tower inevitably slaughtered

MC vs Main Villain

Psychopath vs Psychopath

Final Destination

Kinda realistic?
You know some scary ass schools.

There was a bit of a lull between arcs, I agree, but the only thing that annoys me in current Prison School is the development of Meiko, everything else is a straight 10 for me. It's just ridiculously awesome.
And nothing involving Hana was ever a let-down. The whole romance with Kyoshi is some of the best in entertainment history, pissing and all.

Haha, well I mean as realistic as it could be with a prison in a school. But now with the pissing thing, the Meiko carbonated drink mask, and the cavalry battle... things have just gotten a bit too out of it for me. I think Hana's a great character and her thing with Kiyoshi is great, but the part where they were naked in the futon was just stupid.
Thinking about it I can't really recall much of what's happened since the USC were imprisoned because I've just been skimming through it without paying too much attention. Like I said I mostly want to know what happened with the principal.

Japanese Manga Sales Feb 29 - March 6

*1. 427,205 427,205 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.18
*2. 371,265 371,265 Haikyuu!! Vol.20
*3. 197,737 197,737 Bleach Vol.71
*4. 189,808 189,808 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.17
*5. 156,433 156,433 World Trigger Vol.14
*6. 142,934 142,934 Gintama Vol.63
*7. 110,262 110,262 Toriko Vol.38
*8. 104,828 275,319 Ore Monogatari! Vol.11
*9. *97,994 252,734 Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Vol.2
10. *96,543 *96,543 Prison School Vol.20

11. *69,426 576,361 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.19
12. *66,869 *66,869 Ookami-heika no Hanayome Vol.14
13. *66,675 *94,849 Nietzsche-sensei: Conveni ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita Vol.5
14. *63,352 *63,352 World Trigger Official Databook: Border Briefing File
15. *60,149 *60,149 Black Clover Vol.5
16. *55,022 *55,882 Yamikin Ushijima-kun Vol.36
17. *47,354 *47,511 Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Vol.4
18. *47,002 *98,710 5-ji kara 9-ji made Vol.12
19. *42,738 314,095 Diamond no Ace Act II Vol.2
20. *40,676 *40,676 Minami-ke Vol.14

21. *38,765 109,503 ReRe Hello Vol.9
22. *34,205 *34,205 Hana Nochi Hare: HanaDan Next Season Vol.3
23. *31,742 *31,742 Shokugeki no Souma L’etoile Vol.2
24. *31,685 *31,685 Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Vol.198
25. *30,332 *35,573 Oshiete! Galko-chan Vol.3
26. *30,226 *30,226 Kono Oto Tomare! Vol.11
27. *27,673 *27,673 Sengoku Ittouki Vol.15
28. *27,560 *27,560 Soul Catcher(S) Vol.11
29. *27,222 238,262 Ahiru no Sora Vol.43
30. *27,109 *53,127 Joou no Hana Vol.13

31. *27,082 *27,082 Hana yori mo Hana no Gotoku Vol.15
32. *26,937 *27,116 I Am a Hero in Osaka
33. *26,640 *47,924 GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class Vol.7
34. *24,966 *25,286 Asahinagu Vol.18
35. *24,886 *24,886 Hinamatsuri Vol.10
36. *24,754 *24,754 Ateya no Tsubaki Vol.12
37. *24,403 *48,345 Youkai Watch Vol.9
38. *23,798 198,055 Platinum End Vol.1
39. *22,601 *22,765 Mogura no Uta Vol.48
40. *22,175 *22,175 Sengoku Gonbee Vol.1

41. *21,691 *34,029 Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki Vol.8
42. *20,882 264,164 Handa-kun Vol.5
43. *20,669 *33,509 Kainushi Juujin to Pet Joshikousei Vol.2
44. *19,928 *59,263 Bread & Butter Vol.4
45. *19,502 162,472 Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai Vol.6
46. *19,480 *19,480 Prison School Vol.20 Limited Edition
47. *19,112 *19,273 Shiawase Afro Tanaka Vol.2
48. *18,708 *18,708 Hajime no Shokutaku Vol.3
49. *18,398 *18,765 Star☆Flight Special Edition
50. *18,180 135,588 Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Vol.16

wheeplash

Are you fucking kidding me.
The Uroboros with Hana is one of the, IF NOT THE most amazing manga moments in recent history.

Prison School

Hana just shot herself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can get a boyfriend by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to repent by kissing Chiyo's feet.

ROFL

Japanese Manga Sales Feb 29 - March 6

*3. 197,737 197,737 Bleach Vol.71
*4. 189,808 189,808 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.17
*5. 156,433 156,433 World Trigger Vol.14

13. *66,675 *94,849 Nietzsche-sensei: Conveni ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita Vol.5
14. *63,352 *63,352 World Trigger Official Databook: Border Briefing File
15. *60,149 *60,149 Black Clover Vol.5

I wonder if we had had more than 3 days of sales if World Trigger would have actually sold more than Food Wars and Bleach.

BLack Clover ought to safely make it to 150K before falling off the charts.

Nii-kun could sell more, people not watching the Drama are missing out.

BAITO SAKI WA "AKU NO SOSHIKI"?!

Cute and interesting webmanga about a dude who joins an evil organization as a part-time job in order to make money for his adopted brothers and sisters after their orphanage is destroyed. He joins the New Weapons Testing department run by the sociopathic Dr. and one of the four Executives of the organization Antares, Ladywulf. This is pretty much just an excuse to have him test stupid weapons in combat against the heroes of justice, some of whom happen to be his classmates and sister. With hilarious results.

It's all comedy here folks. Even though it keeps falling into a couple tropes it sidesteps them pretty deftly almost every time. Of course Ladywulf is the beautiful senpai at school but they even sidestep silly romance stuff well. A ghost causes the MC to trip into her box of underwear when he helps her move but she doesn't react even a little and just takes a picture of him and blackmails him into eating lunch with her everyday to dissuade the idea everyone at school got that she's a Lesbian Ice Queen. Or there's a ghost in his apartment who keeps trying to scare him out but he thinks is just his tired work delusions. Or how his sister has a crush on her hero partner so the MC focuses on just him in battles.

It's surprisingly funny. And the dude who does it is on Patreon I think, which is interesting.

Have a random out of context page!

BAITO SAKI WA "AKU NO SOSHIKI"?!

Cute and interesting webmanga about a dude who joins an evil organization as a part-time job in order to make money for his adopted brothers and sisters after their orphanage is destroyed. He joins the New Weapons Testing department run by the sociopathic Dr. Raika and one of the four Executives of the organization Antares, Ladywulf. This is pretty much just an excuse to have him test stupid weapons in combat against the heroes of justice, some of whom happen to be his classmates and sister. With hilarious results.

It's all comedy here folks. Even though it keeps falling into a couple tropes it sidesteps them pretty deftly almost every time. Of course Ladywulf is the beautiful senpai at school but they even sidestep silly romance stuff well. A ghost causes the MC to trip into her box of underwear when he helps her move but she doesn't react even a little and just takes a picture of him and blackmails him into eating lunch with her everyday to dissuade the idea everyone at school got that she's a Lesbian Ice Queen. Or there's a ghost in his apartment who keeps trying to scare him out but he thinks is just his tired work delusions. Or how his sister has a crush on her hero partner so the MC focuses on just him in battles.

It's surprisingly funny. And the dude who does it is on Patreon I think, which is interesting.

Have a random out of context page!

This is a really good manga, enjoying it so far. The parts with the ghost girl are great, I wonder if he'll ever become aware of her.

Bloody hell is the Haikyuu anime is soooooooo good

They did well to re-create those two page spread panels that occurred in the manga. Such a great adaptation (season 2 is especially hype inducing) and that soundtrack THAT soundtrack.

Wanted to spread it out a bit so that I had something to watch before the spring season but couldn't help but fully catch up.

Bloody hell is the Haikyuu anime is soooooooo good

They did well to re-create those two page spread panels that occurred in the manga. Such a great adaptation (season 2 is especially hype inducing) and that soundtrack THAT soundtrack.

Wanted to spread it out a bit so that I had something to watch before the spring season but couldn't help but fully catch up.

Hinata as spiderman looked better in the manga imo.

dani_dc

Space Brothers 66

It really bothers me how Hibito is portrayed as superior to all other characters, including the other astronauts in the mission.

Revo

Gunka no Baltzar 35-36

A bad boundary to misstep, wonder how much the political landscape will change because of this.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man, ONE version, chapter 106.

Well looks like we got our first good glimpse at
Blast
and he looks like
Saitama with Hair
. This upcoming arc could be something crazy!

One Punch Man, ONE version, chapter 106.

Well looks like we got our first good glimpse at
Blast
and he looks like
Saitama with Hair
. This upcoming arc could be something crazy!

I get the feeling that Blast may be the "final boss" of the manga. It may come to something like "you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain", and so him and Saitama clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom