• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

uD4LAd9.png

Hahah what manga is this from...?

And I've been really enjoying Berserk but I gotta admit... this manga was at its best in the
Gilded Arc when you saw Guts happy with the crew....

Mediking

Vinland Saga. :) if you enjoyed Berserk, you will enjoy this one also. First 5-6 volumes for sure.

Alright, cool cool! I'll check it out!

How far are you?

I'm at chapter 159 in Berserk. It's ahhhh... really entertaining at times with cool fight scenes and very special character development moments but I will say that there are disturbing moments where I wonder about the manga creator's sanity.... hahah Berserk does live on a karma system. I clearly see that happening over and over. Another criticism...
A little annoyed by the pattern of: evil bad guy that's super strong, Guts fights that guy and struggles but eventually wins

Eyeshield 21 complete series

This series made me emotional, It's always a true pleasure finding a series like this. Sena Kobayakawa now joins my list of favourites JUMP protagonists, anytime he went badass mode I had a million shivers go through my whole body. It was simply amazing, I liked everything about this series and I have not a single bad thing to say about it.

The ART increased 10x everything and it's a shame we only really had one chapter in full color. The characters were amazing and alllllll those emotions.Seeing Sena in tears always made cry. My whole being was invested in my experience of this series through all 37 volumes.

GO EYESHIELD 21!!
Also I laughed hard at Arnold Obaman.

jbug617

Banned
Soma 180 Spoilers from Reddit
Hayama versus Soma in a shokugeki. They are cooking bear meat and have 3 days to prepare. Soma is struggling to get rid of the gamey smell. Realizes that this will end up being Hayama specialty (spices). Seems like Kuga is going to help Soma

Sandfox

This series made me emotional, It's always a true pleasure finding a series like this. Sena Kobayakawa now joins my list of favourites JUMP protagonists, anytime he went badass mode I had a million shivers go through my whole body. It was simply amazing, I liked everything about this series and I have not a single bad thing to say about it.

The ART increased 10x everything and it's a shame we only really had one chapter in full color. The characters were amazing and alllllll those emotions.Seeing Sena in tears always made cry. My whole being was invested in my experience of this series through all 37 volumes.

GO EYESHIELD 21!!

I loved Eyeshield 21.

Mediking

GO EYESHIELD 21!!

You remind me of how I used to feel about early Naruto manga. :)

Mediking

*quickly runs in and shuts the door behind me* This is a great place to run to after I embarrassed myself in other threads. Hahah phew...

Mendrox

*quickly runs in and shuts the door behind me* This is a great place to run to after I embarrassed myself in other threads. Hahah phew...

Stop telling people in communities that you are a virgin and your problem will be solved. Women smell desperation.

It's like Re:Zero, the more you talk about being a virgin and wanting to get rid of that, the worse you will smell to the women.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I loved the "farming arc" in Vinland Saga, fuck people who can't go two chapters without seeing someone get stabbed.

Speaking of which, in the latest chapter it seems like they'll abandon their trading aspirations. Hopefully they'll come back to it. It also seemed awfully short.

Also Thorfinn could you have them release that slave already, what is wrong with you?

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch395

She ought to just give up on this guy.

Hinamatsuri ch50.5, 52.5

Poor Hitomi can't catch a break.

I have no idea what's the thing Hina gave to Nitta.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch139

They were doing so well too.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Danshan Joshi 16-17
Okay, this chapter made me laugh, especially after reading in that stripper thread.

Vinland saga latest
Almost got into the dark side there Thorfinn.
I wish he get away from all this and earn his peace. His life is shitty enough.

Keijo latest
Her first pro match with her family watching. This is gonna be great

Ane no onaka wo fukuramaseru no wa boku 6

Even without the cooking part, this is still a solid slice of life manga. Nothing outstanding, but i'm liking it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Alright, cool cool! I'll check it out!

I'm at chapter 159 in Berserk. It's ahhhh... really entertaining at times with cool fight scenes and very special character development moments but I will say that there are disturbing moments where I wonder about the manga creator's sanity.... hahah Berserk does live on a karma system. I clearly see that happening over and over. Another criticism...
A little annoyed by the pattern of: evil bad guy that's super strong, Guts fights that guy and struggles but eventually wins

You should keep reading then as the story isn't consistently grim and dark.

Speaking of Berserk

Episode 346 is out and its awesome. Seems the story really is going the high fantasy route at this point though a lot of creatures and designs are more inspired by actual folklore than Tolkein. Still its turning into Berserk of the Rings or The Guts, the Griffith and the Wardrobe.

Also the idea of "weight" as an element both physical and spiritual is pretty damn cool.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch837

Already busting out the big moves huh?

My Hero Academia ch104

Things aren't exactly in their favor right now. That other guy's quirk is pretty crazy as well.

Mediking

Lmao

We're not locked in here you know, we read other threads

Ok what shitpost did you put in ot.

Arent you like 22?

Ummmm.... uhhhhh.... yeah..... I'm 22.......

Stop telling people in communities that you are a virgin and your problem will be solved. Women smell desperation.

It's like Re:Zero, the more you talk about being a virgin and wanting to get rid of that, the worse you will smell to the women.

?! How... how did you find me?! Ummmmm... let's the change the subject! Hey, Pokemon is really cool!

You should keep reading then as the story isn't consistently grim and dark.

Speaking of Berserk

Episode 346 is out and its awesome. Seems the story really is going the high fantasy route at this point though a lot of creatures and designs are more inspired by actual folklore than Tolkein. Still its turning into Berserk of the Rings or The Guts, the Griffith and the Wardrobe.

Also the idea of "weight" as an element both physical and spiritual is pretty damn cool.

I'll keep reading but the fact that you mentioned Griffith's name and you're way farther than me...
I was hoping Guts would rip that horrible piece of trash soon... but apparently not :(

dramatis

?! How... how did you find me?! Ummmmm... let's the change the subject! Hey, Pokemon is really cool!
You might want to learn quicker about how small GAF can get.

Also, the mods are everywhere, so it's not like you can hide. Even worse if one of them sees your post and then has it engraved on your tag for anyone to click wherever you run.

Mediking

You might want to learn quicker about how small GAF can get.

Also, the mods are everywhere, so it's not like you can hide. Even worse if one of them sees your post and then has it engraved on your tag for anyone to click wherever you run.

?!?!?!? Ohhhhhh..... I want a really cool Tag. I don't want something that's embarrassing!

pbayne

Berserk 346

Muira on full blast here. Art is amazing.
Im dieing for the next chapter now.
Lol Casca ain't getting a cure is she?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

This is stupid. I can buy Soma beating Hayama, but I can't buy say, Tadokoro beating anyone on the Elite 10.

Zweizer

Banned
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch9

What a crafty bunch.

Shokugeki no Soma ch180

Guess Soma's getting his revenge.

Peephole ch129

Everyone gonna die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom