• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

I wouldn't mind Toriko ending if Mitsutoshi went the Seinen route with a new monthly series were he could take the time to polish up his chapters

I mean the dude can draw crazy stuff for a weekly what would happen if it was monthly and he had no censor limits.

A dark series

just imagine that

Toriko get's pretty damn bloody and violent for a shonen as it is, it would be interesting to see Mitsutoshi completely unhinged. I just hope whatever Mitsutoshi does next, he doesn't get fucked like he did with Toriko. It really is a damn shame seeing all the wasted potential, as this series is rushed to it's conclusion. Especially since I still look forward to Toriko each week more than anything else, since Hunter x Hunter has been on hiatus. Misutoshi is the fucking hype man.

dani_dc

Keijo 91

The over the top silliness never made me care much about the butt fighting aspect of it, but having the girls walk around the pool showing their butts and chest so that man can evaluate them to place bets (and make a comparison with horses while at that) is too uncomfortable considering the series didn't seen particularly self aware.

yiK0zPB.jpg

I'm in love. I couldn't be happier with how she looks. The art is flat-out stunning! This reveal was my favourite part of an already great chapter.

Man, Berserk is SO good!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm in love. I couldn't be happier with how she looks. The art is flat-out stunning! This reveal was my favourite part of an already great chapter.

Man, Berserk is SO good!
Gotta wait for the feet reveal tho. The feet will make or break the design. Thats why I am not fully on board for the Queen Zora design in Twilight Princess even though its fantastic.

Gotta wait for the feet reveal tho. The feet will make or break the design. Thats why I am not fully on board for the Queen Zora design in Twilight Princess even though its fantastic.

LOL.

You probably won't even be able to see her feet because of her flower dress, but If you do she'll probably be bare footed. I'll also accept high heels with flowers on them.

Toriko get's pretty damn bloody and violent for a shonen as it is, it would be interesting to see Mitsutoshi completely unhinged. I just hope whatever Mitsutoshi does next, he doesn't get fucked like he did with Toriko. It really is a damn shame seeing all the wasted potential, as this series is rushed to it's conclusion. Especially since I still look forward to Toriko each week more than anything else, since Hunter x Hunter has been on hiatus. Misutoshi is the fucking hype man.

indeed and thus why I believe a monthly Seinen series would be his best bet

a) he is free from WSJ
b) he doesn't need to rush his art and can even fine tune it beyond what we see today (it would be mind blowing)
c) he is free from the chains of Shonen censorship on which he is already currently at the tip of breaking it with how many bloody scenarios he has done
d) more creative freedom
e) no Toei since it is a Seinen

indeed and thus why I believe a monthly Seinen series would be his best bet

a) he is free from WSJ
b) he doesn't need to rush his art and can even fine tune it beyond what we see today (it would be mind blowing)
c) he is free from the chains of Shonen censorship on which he is already currently at the tip of breaking it with how many bloody scenarios he has done
d) more creative freedom
e) no Toei since it is a Seinen

I thought monthly writers at times barely make it in time for the deadline and some even miss it.

yeah but seeing how Mitsutoshi is able to pump out detailed Toriko chapters on a weekly schedule without taking Haituses means that this would be breathing room for him

So after my reading of stuff Horikoshi Kohei did before My Hero Academia and really enjoying both Barrage and Crazy Zoo, I decided to the same with Kazue Kato and bought all five volumes of Space Travelers.

Space Travelers vol.1
space-travellers-visual-1.jpg

First of all, Just like almost any artist you can already see this manga is by her simply by looking at the cover and seeing her fantastic art-style.

My impressions of volume one are really good. A strong start and a great setup with the mysterious kid with no real clue on his past teaming up with a bandit thought dead for 14 years to travel through space.

Robin the MC is also really likeable and I really like his continually evolving design. I also really see Rin Okumura in him, it's crazy lol. Great start. My only worry is that it's 5 volumes and just like what I read from Horikoshi, I'm scared of a how rushed the ending is.

Decided to check this out

Kaguya wants to be confessed 11

All of that mind games for nothing LOLOLOLOL

So many times now i would smack both of them but the payoff will be somewhat worth it

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hinamatsuri ch. 54

I like how even Hina was shook by the shoe-licking story.

Peacing out like Arnold. Weirdly funny / sad chapter.

Kaguya wants to be confessed to

This chapter really made me empathize with Shirogane. The Korean translation really hits it home due to the societal pressures and whatnot in our society. The feeling of defending a throne is crushing.

Nice to see that his motivations for actually being smart is so that he can stand on equal ground with a genius.

PAST ARC WHEN?

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 31

Damn the look into Shirogane's mind. So good.
Man i love ishigami

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 20.5

awwww

Hinamatsuri 54

Wow that was sad. But dat ending lol.

Hinamatsuri 55

Funny chapter. Dat luck. The truck part was the best.

No Guns Life 11

The culprit true form was creepy. Also this chapter marks the start of a bromance.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck 76.1

I've enjoyed the recent batch of table-setting chapters but am glad this war is underway now. The callback to Helck's 'horse' from the beginning was pretty neat, though I dunno about that last page. Making me nervous over here.

Hinamatsuri ch. 55

"How many brats did you fucking train ..." Heh. I'm so glad we're getting chapters again.

Kaguya wants to be confessed 14

Man its pretty bad when its the fluffy/ kinda air headed character who has to explain it LOLOLOL

Kaguya wants to be confessed (Updated)

LOL this is pretty good, loving the characters (
the treasurer came out swinging in his official debut LOL
) and the comedy.

Even though its ultimately a
romance story
its a very interesting way to go about it.

But boy whoever instilled that shit about love in their heads needs to be shot, seriously

Also this pic

original.jpg

I now see in a new light DWL

Revo

Most post timeskip OP could bore me to death. Even though year of sanji with the combo of possibly dealing with an emperor initially brought the amount I care about OP to record highs post timeskip. But that makes me remember how boring the last arc was, and I doubt that this arc won't suffer from similar problems that the last arc did.

It's not like I'm saying Bleach is better than OP. Bleach is garbage. But at least Bleach got a rise out of me for how lol it was week after week. And I'm going to miss laughing about it.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep212

More and more princess of jahad system seems like shit
oh shit blonde twintails. too bad she's from the bad family.

Onideka 1-6

A schoolgirl gains the ability to supersize whenever her heart beats rapidly, and then becomes a semi-voluntary defender of Earth. The lead duo's designs and personalities are flatter than a Rie Kugimiya heroine, the premise is generic alien mumbo jumbo with no real interesting hooks, the writing/dialogue's elementary school level. There's basically no reason whatsoever to read thi--

nm, followed.

well I got my Toriko coming out on an early schedule so I ain't complaining

sorry Kubo

----

Black Clover 75

The Fairy talks

well what do you know.... maybe it is from the Fairy Island of Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom