• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Started reading Helck, and wow is it good. I'm at 28 currently.
(Tournament about deciding a new Demon King)
5tMdkpw.png
CMsu2f9.png
What starts out as something hilariously fun, slowly unveils and hints at more serious matters. While still being really fun.

Edit: Oh shit, pissed off Helck.

Moaradin

Love Rush 1

Wow this couldn't be more generic garbage if it tried.

The Promised Neverland 3

This continues to be pretty good. Not sure if it's the kind of series that fits Jump though. I hope it continues in some way because I'm pretty interested to see where this goes.

Shokugeki no Soma 179

Who didn't see this twist coming a mile away?

My Hero Academia 103

Battle just started and it's already hype right out of the gate. Can't wait to see the quirks of the other students.

Berserk 346

This whole chapter was beautiful. The next few chapters should be huge and hopefully the series doesn't go on break before we get our answer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
what the heck why is this literally impossible

Your hip flexors are shortened from spending most of your life in front of a computer screen.

I bet you also can't touch your toes without bending your knees.

Zweizer

Banned
Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection ch43

Such a dense motherfucker.

Red String ch52-52.5 (End)

Decent enough series, but overall nothing special.

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 7

Go away boner, this is heartwarming slice of life, you have no business here.

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 3

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SAY BONER?!?1

Mishiro san to Yamada kun 20

Fuck you teacher, give them condoms.

I love how everyone is like "You weren't fucking already?"

Hime No Dameshi 3

Girl's got the right idea, fuck marriage. Eat sandwich, get THICC.

why did all the thicc manga update at once you're making me look bad.

MANUELF

Banned
Reminds me of teaching a class when the homeroom teacher had to explain to them what 9/11 was.

Of course, it was Japan, so there was the distinct possibility they wouldn't have known even if they were a coupleb of years older just from the cultural drift

9/11 wasnt as much of importance outside of the US, it was simply a terrorist attack for the majority of the world even if it was the single biggest one

cntr

Banned
lol no man

9/11 is still shocking to people today, even in Asian countries like e.g., India, where I live.

Japan is just insular, and cares very little about politics, domestic or international.

MANUELF

Banned
lol no man

9/11 is still shocking to people today, even in Asian countries like e.g., India, where I live.

Japan is just insular, and cares very little about politics, domestic or international.

In my country is not talked at all and we are neighbors of the US

convo

lol no man

Yoko Taro ,maker of the Nier and Drakengard games, was so shocked about 9/11 that his game explores how there could possibly be people that could find such actions justified.It fucking hit me when i read about that and i can now see that the game characters he writes were made with no sympathy in mind and if it seems like it, then it's a straight lie made to trick us.

Kyuur

Toriko

Suddenly I remember one of the greatest mysteries of Toriko; very unfortunate that this is how they (were possibly forced) to reveal it. I imagine had the whole 'is it the child!?' thing could have been a very good plotline that would have created actual conflict for Midora.

My Hero Academia

This was a great chapter, don't get me wrong, but I did have a problem with one particular bit. Early in the chapter, earplug girl sets off an earthquake using her powers to combat attacks being sent from underground. Cut to later, and the new super powerful character's ability is... earthquakes. Except obviously he's way stronger because plot reasons, despite the concept behind the initial attack being much cooler than just "I can shake the ground!'. Maybe after this initial reveal we'll get him applying his ability in cooler ways, but as it stands it was pretty lame to do this in the same god damn chapter.

One Piece

I love this. My worst fear was the Yonkou encounters just being like any old arc in terms of strategy and combat, and so far its looking good. I just hope Cracker isn't out for the count and actually puts up a Doflamingo-sized fight, although the more likely idea is that they retreat for now. Nice seeing the Red Hats in the title card too.

Dansan Joshi 16 - 17

What's wrong with looking at dicks? I do it every day.

Poor old man though.

The Vampire Part-Timer Kirishima-kun 1 - 4

interesting 4-koma where some demi-humans work at a convenience store.

upandaway

Your hip flexors are shortened from spending most of your life in front of a computer screen.

I bet you also can't touch your toes without bending your knees.
Why are you saying that like touching my toes is somehow easier than bending forward. Back in high school I could do the pic but couldn't touch my toes.

Helck thoughts

started reading this today and man does it take a twist when they flashbacks start occurring

edit: Oh shit... finished the flashback

T_T

what the... I assumed this was a comedic light plot series ):

Kyuur

Started reading Helck, and wow is it good. I'm at 28 currently.
(Tournament about deciding a new Demon King)

What starts out as something hilariously fun, slowly unveils and hints at more serious matters. While still being really fun.

Edit: Oh shit, pissed off Helck.

The design reminds me of that guy from the Battle-Sex one-shot joke.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yoko Taro ,maker of the Nier and Drakengard games, was so shocked about 9/11 that his game explores how there could possibly be people that could find such actions justified.It fucking hit me when i read about that and i can now see that the game characters he writes were made with no sympathy in mind and if it seems like it, then it's a straight lie made to trick us.
I thought it was just him talking about japan in general. Since graves of the fireflies and the latest jojo episode tells me they have no room for sympathy. Its weird as an american because you think we are heartless everytime some disaster happens.

cntr

Banned
Japan has complicated cultural issues there, but it's not as simple as "nobody cares about anybody else".

Drakengard/Nier really was inspired by 9/11, though. Somehow.

Revo

Mahoutsukai no Yome 31

Switching who is the parent in the relationship just shows how much they have to learn from each other.

upandaway

Black Kanojo 1

plz bully

There's a wimpy MC, a schizophrenic yandere and some other stuff. That's enough info for you to decide whether you're going to read it. I am.
Look AHB I'm usually okay with all that crazy stuff you're reading and all but bullying? I don't know how I feel about that, might be crossing a line

Wiseblade

Love Rush 1

The Promised Neverland 3

This continues to be pretty good. Not sure if it's the kind of series that fits Jump though. I hope it continues in some way because I'm pretty interested to see where this goes.
it's basically Seraph of the End adjusted for a younger demographic. It fits Jump's lineup just fine.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
now this is what i call a manga
The most Hot blooded manga about fish

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 7
Eating a big sausage in one bite is a talent you could be proud of. Also, this kid sure know how to cook.

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 3

Can confirm squat is extremely exhausting.

Mishiro san to Yamada kun 20

Parent be like, sure whatever, why are you guys haven't fuck already?

Hime No Dameshi 3

The queen of junk food is at it again. this chapter remind me i haven't use my sandwich maker in a year or so...

Alice in borderland king of spade 5
I sure hope that kid make it out alive. King of spade background was just like what i expected.

Black kanojo 1
Remind me of denpa teki na kanojo. But this girl legit yandere. Will probably read some more

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch398

Game Boy sure is fun to be around.

Hinamatsuri ch56

Poor sensei. Having to deal with these nutcases.

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness ch2

Jeez, it's so messed up, and the hits keep coming.

Nukoduke! ch80

She's showered with so much love~

Except from Yamato.

DEAD Tube ch24

Hey, a last twist for the end.

At least it's over.

Look AHB I'm usually okay with all that crazy stuff you're reading and all but bullying? I don't know how I feel about that, might be crossing a line
Yeah, maybe I went a little too far there. I'll try and take your words to heart for the future.

Bullying Madoka-chan 0.5 (doujin)

FPj1ujA.jpg

Educational web series about how to treat your loved one. It would've been even more insightful with post-Rebellion Homura, but I'll take what I can get. Being Madoka is suffering.

My Girlfriend Without Wasabi 1

Single volume 4-komedy spin-off of I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying by Cool Kyoushinsha. Judging from this first chapter, it'll consist of bland romance humour between two university students, but it may gain an additional layer and/or become more enjoyable if you're familiar with the parent story (I'm not). Wouldn't count on it though.

Revo

Red String 52 and extra (end)

I feel whiplashed from accepting there would be more after the obvious end and then the next chapter being the end. I was ready for harem hijinks.
Oh well. Alright series. Got worse when fights had to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom