• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onideka 1-6

A schoolgirl gains the ability to supersize whenever her heart beats rapidly, and then becomes a semi-voluntary defender of Earth. The lead duo's designs and personalities are flatter than a Rie Kugimiya heroine, the premise is generic alien mumbo jumbo with no real interesting hooks, the writing/dialogue's elementary school level. There's basically no reason whatsoever to read thi--

nm, followed.

im assuming thats the only good panel in the manga so im not picking this up

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 396

I can't decide if Jun is romantic or plain creepy.
Leaning towards the latter.

Helck 76.1

Sacred Beast looks cute. And strong.
Also great throwback.

I've never been much of a manga reader or graphic novels in general. Have read very few longer than one or 2 volumes.

In anticipation of going to see Perfume in Chicago, I've been watching and listening to them sooo much lately, and in doing so, I stumbled on an end credits sequence of a live action show called Sumire 16-sai, which was based on a manga. (video mentioned)

Started reading the manga yesterday, and I could just never put it down. It's so amusing, funny, and charming, and I loved it ^_^ A lot of people seem to say it's creepy upon initially hearing about it, because it's a slice of life story about a girl...who happens to be a puppet controlled by an old man. It's a funny premise, and also sends a nice message about not judging someone by outward appearances.

Just felt like sharing this somewhere. :)

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Ok. Here is what I have for you all so far -

Akito -

Akira
Nausicaa
Yotsuba (Not serious?)

AquaWateria

Kokou no Hito
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
B-Dubs -

Fuuka

DakkuMauji -

Eyeshield 21
Oresame Teacher
Hoshin Engi

Dresden -

Oyasumi Punpun

Droplet -

Vinland Saga
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Oyasumi Punpun

Dedication Through Light -

Medaka Box
Eyeshield 21

Jintor -
One Piece up to the Timeskip (chapter 598)
Lone Wolf and Cub

mdubs -

Slam Dunk
Twin Spica
Pluto

MetroidPrimeRib -

Vagabond
7 Seeds
Mob Psycho 100
Akagi

Semblance -

Please Save my Earth
Fourteen
Sanctuary

striferser -

Takemitsu Zamurai

TheFlow -
Berserk
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

TheRealTalker -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 5-8
Fist of the North Star
Gundam the Origin

Upandaway -

Tamayura Kitsune
Nukoduke
How to Make a Gentle World
Zweizer ~

I am a Hero
Historie
Mob Psycho 100

If I missed anything, tell me. This time I know I missed something.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
tC5nvbb.jpg
Wait why would they need this-
Oh
Oh no
/yes

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 7

I don't know, but poisonous mushrooms isn't where I think to go when I can't sleep.

tomo 396 - 397

nice, its flashback time.

Revo

Haikyuu!! 219

Wonder if we're gonna have some kageyama wanting to spike and cutting hinata off the team
Hopefully not

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dungeon Meshi Chapters 1-4, specifically 4

They use dogs to pick mandrakes and the dogs die after every pick!? :S

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 397

Flashback time.
Although it's pretty obvious how it will go.
Still, will probably be cute.

Prison School 225

Cavalry battle is a bit too drawn out by now.
The bear hunt though? Awesome.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 397
I was thinking "If it's 10 years ago why does Jun have something that resembles a DS? they didn't exist all that time ago!" but then i remembered that 10 years ago was 2006 and not the '90s.
I'm sad now ;__;

dramatis

Started reading the manga yesterday, and I could just never put it down. It's so amusing, funny, and charming, and I loved it ^_^ A lot of people seem to say it's creepy upon initially hearing about it, because it's a slice of life story about a girl...who happens to be a puppet controlled by an old man. It's a funny premise, and also sends a nice message about not judging someone by outward appearances.
You miiiiiight have missed the meta meaning of Sumire

Dungeon Meshi Chapters 1-4, specifically 4

They use dogs to pick mandrakes and the dogs die after every pick!? :S
You late to the party man

Get on discord sometime to chat

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch397

There were no Game Boy. I feel robbed.

Onepunch-Man ch65.1

Such a protective big sis.

Horimiya ch68

Never mess with the Horis.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch23

Gachas are such a ripoff.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I really should go back reading Takemitsu Zamurai. About to finish it before but suddenly decided binge read Ten instead...

I was thinking "If it's 10 years ago why does Jun have something that resembles a DS? they didn't exist all that time ago!" but then i remembered that 10 years ago was 2006 and not the '90s.
I'm sad now ;__;

you're an old man now!
;_: me too actually

Do the dogs even get revived?

Doubt it spoiler for future chapter
you can only revive those who died in dungeon. Kobold can be revived, so technically, they probably could try to revive a dog assuming said dog died in dungeon

Kaguya want to be confessed 31

Yu Ishigami, the man who like to live dangerously.
YOLO

Hinamatsuri 54-55

OMG that Utako chapter. Congrats on traumatizing a highschool girl by licking the tip of her shoe.
chapter 55 remind nm that Hina, Anzu, and Mao are all esper girl that specialized in battle. Taking care of gunman is probably their daily activities before they got thrown to the past.

Wiseblade

Berserk 346

I'm afraid of getting my hopes up over a healed Casca running around with Guts. That's too much happiness for this bleak and miserable world.

Haikyu 219

I would have liked to see more of what Kageyama worked on in his Training camp, or more of how Tsukishima developed.
Really though, I'm just impatiently waiting for this series to be added to WSJ International. If Viz want people to marathon through chapters on their site to catch up to current events, then they should pick up the pace or at least have started where the second anime ended. It's irritating having one holdout Jump series I care about not on the International lineup, especially when two slots just opened up.

New Game spinoff

DJmGpmL.png

Too many kids in manga these days playing last gen consoles, feels so old
I was a teenager

Yeah it does make you feel old. I bought my ps3 with money I made from my job in college. Also, all the manga staring high school students means they were probably born in the 2000's or close to it.

upandaway

New Game spinoff

Hotaru reminds me a lot of a character from the author's previous manga. Like, they're pretty much the same. I miss that manga.
Liking this so far, hopefully we get to see Aoba's interviews eventually.

Hakumei & Mikochi 3

This is super nice

Yeah it does make you feel old. I bought my ps3 with money I made from my job in college. Also, all the manga staring high school students means they were probably born in the 2000's or close to it.
Yeah I guess. And their rooms still don't have computers (though I don't know if that's true in real life too or not)

Jintor

Reminds me of teaching a class when the homeroom teacher had to explain to them what 9/11 was.

Of course, it was Japan, so there was the distinct possibility they wouldn't have known even if they were a coupleb of years older just from the cultural drift

LeleSocho

Banned
New Game spinoff

DJmGpmL.png

Too many kids in manga these days playing last gen consoles, feels so old
I was a teenager

Yeah I guess. And their rooms still don't have computers (though I don't know if that's true in real life too or not)

Depends on the kid/parents surely. I didn't have a personal computer until year nine or so (third year middle school)

Kids in high school should have a computer!

Reminds me of teaching a class when the homeroom teacher had to explain to them what 9/11 was.

Of course, it was Japan, so there was the distinct possibility they wouldn't have known even if they were a coupleb of years older just from the cultural drift

Stop this madness! You are sucking the youth out of me! I want to be young forever aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

cntr

Banned
the US 2016 election will be the first one where there are voters too young to remember 9/11 personally

Kids in high school should have a computer!
For reasons, most people in Japan use phones over computers. Most young people in Japan don't even have a computer at home, only a phone.

Mediking

I'm starting Bleach from the beginning since I forgot what was going on the last few volumes. And man.... Kubo is soooo good at directing of scenes. I know I said that before but it's true!

I'm sad now ;__;

yah geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

I feel old too

Alucrid

Banned
quick questions. if i want to read berserk, is it possible to get up to whatever the most current issue is in english? and looking at the prices, it's about 10-15 depending. how high does the issue number go? highest i could see was 37, but that was released nearly three years ago.

quick questions. if i want to read berserk, is it possible to get up to whatever the most current issue is in english? and looking at the prices, it's about 10-15 depending. how high does the issue number go? highest i could see was 37, but that was released nearly three years ago.

38 should be coming out at some point.

pbayne

Pluto End

Uraswasa power ranking-Monster>Pluto>20th Century Boys.
Lol they should have never revealed Pluto's true form, completely robs him of any menace at all.

Also, jesus i spent like an hour looking high and low for any sort of wrasslin manga that isn't kinniukuman. Is there there really none that aren't ecchi as well? Sigh...

Don't know what to read next. Properly between Rurouni Kenshin, Riki-Oh or Nabari no Ou.

upandaway

Yotsuba 92

TqoQdio.png

Oh come on. I was right there with you the whole chapter but seriously you can't be this...

this...

uh??

why can't i do this

what the heck why is this literally impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom