• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Bat is very good but at the same time is probably Urasawa's worst work.

His worst work is immediately better than 90% of the manga out there though so keep that in mind.

Mishiro-san to Yamada-kun Special 1

img000015.png

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

cntr

Banned
Sahara, the Flower Samurai 02

Greato chapter. The character designs and AW designs are on point, as are the location designs and the character interactions. Like a mixture of One Piece and My Hero Academia, love it.

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness 2

God. This manga.

I really want this to come out in English so I can buy it and give it to like...30 people in my life.

Revo

Mob Psycho 100 96.4

expecting a 100% to have to be used to pull out the tree
dimple should really know better than to try to do this stuff with mob still being in the town

Arabesque

Not sure why you'd hope for anything in the first place. It's fucking Urasawa.

Even though I thought it just delved into pure nonsense sometime ago, I think there were some genuinely nice *moments* and panels in Billy Bat.

But, yeah. It's Urasawa just drawing whatever and trying to make it seem more grand and intelligent than it actually is.

Also, a lot of self-praise.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent Rouge vol. 3

I kind of can't get over de Sade's haircut. Jeanne de Valois-Saint-Rémy's design is A+ though. Lord. Anyway, this is moving toward the Affair of the Diamond Necklace pretty quickly now.

Hinamatsuri ch. 56

At least Hina's no longer drooling on herself while sleeping.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 398

Jun was, is and will always be an ass.

Tokyo Ghoul :re 90

I kinda remember brains not quite working like that.
But it's been a while.

Erigu

Even though I thought it just delved into pure nonsense sometime ago, I think there were some genuinely nice *moments* and panels in Billy Bat.
But, yeah. It's Urasawa just drawing whatever and trying to make it seem more grand and intelligent than it actually is.
Also, a lot of self-praise.
Somewhere between Lindelof and Shyamalan. Not a good place to be, for an author.

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness 2

Reading this makes me realize my struggles with depression could be worse because "Hey, I could've been born in Japan."

Sahara The Flower Samurai 2

Well we jumped quick I assumed the journey to the mist valley would be the first dozen or so chapters, the last 5 pages I'm not sure what happened he beat the samurai, the people decided not to leave for some reason, and then in one page they got to the valley.

Good chapter outside of the ending which felt off

I thought it was uninteresting and the character designs were doing nothing.

I would suggest to complete the first arc, its the first 12 chapters. It more or less sets the main conflict and enemy of the entire story.

Character designs improve a little bit over time but wont change much. Its a webcomic after all.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I would suggest to complete the first arc, its the first 12 chapters. It more or less sets the main conflict and enemy of the entire story.

Character designs improve a little bit over time but wont change much. Its a webcomic after all.
Well that explains a lot. How long until it gets to dark territory?

Jojo's bizzare adventure part 1 up to chapter 15

So since I have been hearing about how good Jojo's is and all, I gave it a try since it was in the free section on VIZ site.

The art-style is very cool and the background pretty detailed, but the characters designs are very hit-or-miss here.For exemple, Dio is fine but Jojo's is meh, but the main problem is that there is not a single one that stand out right now.

As for the story, its pretty interesting so far. A revenge story with some vampire like powers.

Maybe I'll continue or not, but I'm not sure since it doesn't have any characters that I really like and that's always a pretty big factor for me. Luffy is still the only reason why I'm still enjoying One piece.

Jojo's bizzare adventure part 1 up to chapter 15

So since I have been hearing about how good Jojo's is and all, I gave it a try since it was in the free section on VIZ site.

The art-style is very cool and the background pretty detailed, but the characters designs are very hit-or-miss here.For exemple, Dio is fine but Jojo's is meh, but the main problem is that there is not a single one that stand out right now.

As for the story, its pretty interesting so far. A revenge story with some vampire like powers.

Maybe I'll continue or not, but I'm not sure since it doesn't have any characters that I really like and that's always a pretty big factor for me. Luffy is still the only reason why I'm still enjoying One piece.
Part 1 is easily the worst part of Jojo

Usobuko

Banned

cntr

Banned
if anything, anime-only Jojo fans like Part 2 way more than manga readers do

but that's because we've read all 8 parts

if anything, anime-only Jojo fans like Part 2 way more than manga readers do

but that's because we've read all 8 parts

Yep, as much as I love Part 2 I don't think I could it put it in the top half of my Jojo Part rankings. The later parts (excluding part 5....I will never accept it!) after Stardust are just that great, but Young Joseph will always be my favorite Jojo (Gyro ain't Jojo so he doesn't count).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215312931]Jojo fans are slipping if they think part 2 isn't THE GOD.

This is what happens when I stop posting in this thread. Bunch of degenerates in here.[/QUOTE]

only anime only secondaries think part 2 is the best

cntr

Banned
My totally objective Jojopinions:

The Parts: 7 > 4 > 6 > 8 = 5 > 2 >>> 3 > 1
The Jojos: 6 > 4 > 2 = 8 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 1

jbug617

Banned
Diamond no Ace Act 2 46

Seidou loses to Ichidaisan and Sawamura is soul searching at the end. Even though he out pitched Furuya this game he realize as of right now he just Furuya's back up. Furuya is the Ace so he is going to get more chances compared to Sawamura.

Time for more Narumiya

Usobuko

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215312931]Jojo fans are slipping if they think part 2 isn't THE GOD.

This is what happens when I stop posting in this thread. Bunch of degenerates in here.[/QUOTE]

Part 2 is better than part 1.

But not enough to entice me to carry on with the series, manga wise.

kasane

Re-read Kokou no Hito

What a great opening chapter. And then things quickly get real, you have metaphorical illustration of his mental state when he gets older and more isolated by the society.

After all the shit he has been through and his earnest way of life, one just can't help to sympathize his plight and root for him throughout the story.

my only problem with it in the end was it felt like it just kept gettting darker for the sake of it

Diamond no Ace Act 2 46

Seidou loses to Ichidaisan and Sawamura is soul searching at the end. Even though he out pitched Furuya this game he realize as of right now he just Furuya's back up. Furuya is the Ace so he is going to get more chances compared to Sawamura.

Time for more Narumiya

lol author had a manga and a new one to finally make him soul search. he almost didnt have any development as a pitcher for that whole first series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom