• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tejina Senpai 27
Yi8Pu59.png
Repeat until you vomit blood. The audience could channel the belief of a fanatical cult and it still wouldn't help with senpai's deficiencies. Though in fairness to her, popping balloons is pretty traumatising stuff.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just finished all of the available Dungeon Meshi chapters. Now I have to wait until October like the rest of you guys.

Great story. Love the characters, their interactions,and reactions. The author really mastered the odd little comical character reactions. I love the look on Senshi's face during those times. Laius is dumb lol, Marcille is great.

Is Chilchack a half human half gnome halfling? They never explicitly said what he was a halfling of.

Chapter 26 Spoilers
So do you think
Farlyn came back alright?

Edit: Gah, forgot to spoiler mark.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I just finished all of the available Dungeon Meshi chapters. Now I have to wait until October like the rest of you guys.

Great story. Love the characters, their interactions,and reactions. The author really mastered the odd little comical character reactions. I love the look on Senshi's face during those times. Laius is dumb lol, Marcille is great.

Is Chilchack a half human half gnome halfling? They never explicitly said what he was a halfling of.

Chapter 26 Spoilers
So do you thinkback alright?
theres some speculation she is part dragon now since the wounds of the dragon appear on where it would be on her. expect her to grow horns and a tail. Or turn into crossbreed priscilla.

spiritfox

Chapter 26 Spoilers
So do you think
Farlyn came back alright?

Edit: Gah, forgot to spoiler mark.

I think it's D&D style halflings, which are a separate race of their own.

Trojita

I think it's D&D style halflings, which are a separate race of their own.

Oh like the hobbit analogue? I guess he would be a Lightfoot (makes sense). I figured Dwarf girl was being bias against half-dwarves with her comment to not get blacksmith work done by them.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Helk to current Boy I was not ready for this ride. I came in thinking it be a gag manga with a slightly better plot. Something akin to One Punch Man but in a fantasy setting. I was not ready for the gags to almost completely stop and some pretty heart wrenching stories to happen within. Holy cow, it is so rare to find some piece of media that really makes you want to be a better person.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Helk to current Boy I was not ready for this ride. I came in thinking it be a gag manga with a slightly better plot. Something akin to One Punch Man but in a fantasy setting. I was not ready for the gags to almost completely stop and some pretty heart wrenching stories to happen within. Holy cow, it is so rare to find some piece of media that really makes you want to be a better person.
Have you read Dear Boy and Dogko? They convinced me that Korea is not just fun and games. Its a jungle.
Also one of them does not have a happy ending.

Ascheroth

Ha, I also just caught up. Great manga.
Even the gag-chapters in the beginning feel completely different once you're past Helcks past. Remember that panel in chapter 1 where he smiling and waving while saying "Let's destroy the humans"? Gave me a good laugh then and now it feels like a punch in the gut whenever I remember it.

Something I also really like about Helck, is how great it is at handling foreshadowing and world-building. While this war against the humans really feels like the main conflict, it also feels like only the first act of something grander with all the information we have.

(Stuff you probably shouldn't read if you aren't caught up with it):
Hell, even with all of them being immortals and being able to spawn monster nests they are still considered less a threat than whatever it is that's attacking the Demons from the north. (Where I assume the other 2 of the 4 Heavenly Kings are stationed).
Then you have all the stuff about this 'new world', where the curses and those awakening spells probably come from. And the King is creepy as hell, one of the latest chapters mentioned how there was a connection to a 'place that is not here' in his throne-room, I'm guessing he's also from this new world.

So much to think about and speculate, I love it.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 172

And the moral of the story is shoot first, ask questions later. Or maybe it's don't skimp on your construction budget. Or possibly om nom nom nom. If any non-Neko occupants of that elevator get eaten then I'll be upset.

Trojita

How long do you think Dungeon Meshi might go on till? Obviously the other has been doing an excellent job at teases about the golden castle's past and setting up more things happening above ground.

What's the chance the
elf in the painting
is the sorcerer?

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch399

How is that even possible?

Love Tyrant ch39

RPG worlds are all the rage nowadays.

Good thing they have Akane to speed things up.

xmGSoJG.jpg

They would've been trapped there forever.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch80

Two steps forward, one step back.

Kase-san ch20

Don't back down.

Tejina Senpai ch27

Poor senpai, traumatized by all these popped balloons.

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san ch15

It's tough being such a popular mermaid.

Hajiotsu ch32 (End)

The resolution could have used some more development, but overall it was a nice fun romance without much pretense.

Yomekura 1
The only real mvp in this manga is his mother.
RIP you crazy wing(wo)man.

The hero suddenly proposed to me, but . . . 1
Well this was different.

Cwarrior

In mangaform. Anime people say 2 sucked more.

I've never seen the anime of part 2.

Part 2 is the worst Part, all of it's characters are either boring, lame, annoying or they plan suck.

Young joseph future prediction shitick is annoying, dudes is the poochie of jojo's trying way to hard be cool and caesar is compet disgrace to the Zeppeli family name (also he looks like a colour swap of jojo).

Part 4 > Part 3 >Part 1 >Part 2

Old joseph > young joseph

The one true swag king, araki will never top William Zeppeli design.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Goddamn, Mel just bodied those two in like five minutes. Savage.

Fairy Tail

Yeah right. Mashima doesn't even have the balls to kill off some minor characters, let alone an FT member and certainly not one of his precious waifus. I give it three chapters, max.

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly the 7 deadly sins is one of my favorite manga when it comes to being savage.

Like damn this shit was cold blooded and almost feel bad for them.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 64

Learning about bears and their shitting habits this morning. Thanks, Asirpa.

The Promised Neverland ch. 4

The silly reaction faces added in this chapter felt a little off considering their situation, but aight I guess. I like Ray being realistic with them - rescuing all these kids isn't gonna pan out.

The only bad part of Battle Tendency is the ending which is contrived as fuck. But then again Araki has always sucked at ending fights with the main villains.

Seven Deadly Sins

Thank goodness those two buffoness are gone (hopefully) they were truly annoying

also Melodias basically doesn't give a shit anymore and it more or less like his original self

Red Sprite 1

This is amazing. And Tatsu is powering the whole ship on his own and could do epic things with the sword even. I need more swords in Jump.

World Trigger 155
CrCgn3LWIAEchf3.jpg:small

Wow Ossamu got a hit in, I love his team up with Amatriciana, and her little hop. Smart.

Will there ever be a match where yuma doesnt lose a limb?

Viz picked up Promised Neverland starting this week. Not surprised it was picked up, but I expected to wait a week and then get an extra catch up chapter

World Trigger 155

Oh yes, all that Osamu + Chika tag combo. Rank Wars as a whole is getting a bit tiring at this point, but I can still enjoy moments like these.

Revo

Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Oji-san 16

RIP the date but at least they get to practice in front of an audience again

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good on Viz for picking up Promised Neverland. The positive reception should keep it going strong.

Red Sprite

Steampunk! Interesting first chapter, I like some of the ideas presented.
I wouldn't mind if Viz picked this up after its Jump Start period ended too.

BLack Clover
CrCjYgEWYAA060O.jpg:small

Why is Yuno perfect. Great attack. I wonder if Dorksta will meet up with him on the battlefield. Missed opportunity if it doesnt happen.

Promised Neverland 4

Yes Ray is getting involved and probably vital to everything.

I want more on the 30 yrs told.

mdubs

Banned
Love Rush 02

I was lukewarm about the first chapter, but I dug this one. I liked the way that the battle has been set up now and that the initial harem has seemingly been avoided. The comedy made me laugh as well, so I hope they follow up with a strong third chapter

Red sprite 1

I liked this! You better pick this up to VIZ! The steampunk atmosphere, the characters and the art were sooo good. I will be sad if it's dropped.

Arabesque

Glad to see Viz picking up Promised Neverland. Red Sprite was okay too.

Love Rush second chapter was also pretty good. I think this patch of new manga is better than the last one.

Think that was Osamu first kill too! World Trigger is a fav of mine.

It was his fourth solo kill in the Rank Wars, though I can understand being impressed whenever he scores a point lol

mdubs

Banned
I'd get on board Viz picking up Love Rush and Red Sprite. That would be a super balanced lineup with the addition of Promised Neverland

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Red Sprite 1
Not bad. It has potential, but so far there's nothing unique about it.

Promised neverland 4

This one is still good. No battle shonen progression in sight.

Flower Samurai 2
Art is good, and the use of changing sword was interesting.

Tejina Senpai 27

Balloon related chapter. Yes, i'm talking about Balloon, i swear i'm not talking about another balloon

Golden Kamuy 64

It still good, and Sugimoto, stop being so damn moe.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 80

Still hilarious as ever.

My girlfriend without wasabi 1

The setting, university a 1st year student meet short girl who he thought was a middle school-er, when she really is a 3rd year student, then they start dating. Made by Cool Kyoushinsha

Tomo chan latest

Tomo you monster! She already strong even during her childhood. Literally broke NDS in half vertically...

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 499

This dump dump is making my head thump thump.
Oh hey, chapter 500, let's revive Juvia.
The fans will love it.

Tomo-chan 399

Please stop the gore.

I started reading Golden Kamuy because all y'all talk about it but I was suddenly struck by the fact that this may be the only manga I've ever read that actually mentions, let alone has as characters, Ainu people.

I know it's not surprising considering Japan's general treatment of the Ainu but what other manga actually mentions them? What high school manga has ever had an Ainu student? Or an Ainu character? I think Native Americans get more representation in manga than Ainu people.

Promised Neverland 4
Happy to see WSJ pick this up right away, hopefully it doesn't fall to the WSJ quick pick up axeing curse.
Love Rush 2
....Well this manga may have some hope after all.
Red Sprite 1
Always can go for more steampunk settings, will be watching this one closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom