• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Favorite Ongoing Manga? (5-10)

7 seeds
Berserk
Dungeon Meshi
Hinamatsuri
I am a Hero
One Piece
Otoyomegatari
Vagabond
Vinland Saga
Yotsuba!

Favorite Completed Manga? (5-10)

Alice in Borderland
Blade of the Immortal
Endou Hiroki Tanpenshuu
Kakukaku Shikajika
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: File Series
Kokou no Hito
Lone Wolf and Cub
Monster
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Slam Dunk
Oyasumi Punpun
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

First Manga?
Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: File Series

Favorite Character?
Hajime Kindaichi ( I like earnest, one-dimensional idealist )

Favorite Scene?
Too many for a favorite

Favorite Artists?
Takehiko Inoue ( Vagabond )

Favorite Writers?
Yuki Urushibara ( Mushishi )

Series that almost made you quit manga?
I'm in too deep to quit though

pretty standard choices in the end for me.

Kingdom 487

LMAO at the King aura

The King of Qi finally asking the real question that everyone was thinking about

?

b2RIcLs.png

Famassu

Yo, is FullMetal Alchemist any good? Is it worth reading?
As far as Shonen goes, it's very good. Has a great premise, some pretty likable characters & decent villains and a pretty great overarching storyline (& plenty of good smaller arcs inside that larger narrative) with some exciting & entertaining twists. Doesn't suffer from the usual shonen power creep too much, I don't think. Manages to keep up intrigue throughout most of the run. The ending perhaps wasn't the strongest ending ever, but it's no Bleach either.

Probably my favorite shonen series.

Mediking

As far as Shonen goes, it's very good. Has a great premise, some pretty likable characters & decent villains and a pretty great overarching storyline (& plenty of good smaller arcs inside that larger narrative) with some exciting & entertaining twists. Doesn't suffer from the usual shonen power creep too much, I don't think. Manages to keep up intrigue throughout most of the run. The ending perhaps wasn't the strongest ending ever, but it's no Bleach either.

Probably my favorite shonen series.

Its the best shonen ever. Go see the brotherhood anime, its even better.

Alright thanks! I'll try to get my hands on the manga very soon!

Innocent Chapter 35

RIP everyone who live in the those cruel era.

Yeah...sadly the horse part is the best part of being drawn and quartered because you get to die. There are some gruesome historical examples of it not working and people living but I wouldn't recommend looking it up. Ever.

dani_dc

Sakamoto wrote a short story for Louvre manga called "Queen Antoinette Meets Mona Lisa" (妃アントワネット、モナリザに逢う)

Doesn't seem like there's much information in English. Was lucky enough to just stumbled upon it.

It's a short story about Marie Antoinette life from childhood to death
with an appearance of Charles Sanson.

It's pretty simple of a story, but the art is as breathtaking as you come to expect from him.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/events/manga-9art/s_cx/artist/shinichisakamoto.html#artist14

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is the terraformers manga worth getting into? I remember seeing the first episode of the anime and being put off by the censorship.
Now was it the censorship the stuff that turned you off or the stuff that they were censoring that turned you off?
Either way the manga gets pretty fucking crazy.
Current arc is:
Them back on earth having "won" the war. They now have to find the leader of who is abducting the people on earth for experimentation and they raid a boat ful of terraformars.

dani_dc

Hahaha from "go for it!" To "FMA is trash" within a heartbeat.

It's a pretty good manga that suffers somewhat from being too stuck to the main characters after it transitions from a small personal story to a world focused story.

If you want bizarre fuckey that aint as good as jojo. Sure, read the first prologue chapter. And if its fine, read the next 10 chapters.

Well I'm all caught up with JoJo, so as long as it's bizarre entertaining (even if not we'll written) I might give it a look.

Jintor

Hahaha from "go for it!" To "FMA is trash" within a heartbeat.

you haven't been here long enough to realise that if DTL isn't a joke character his tastes are so outlier to the average community member as to be effectively be one.

i'm not even really talking about the BL obsession tbh

don't sleep on his academic text recommendations tho

cntr

Banned
If DTL is a joke character, he's so dedicated to it that he's a crazy person anyway.

Anyway, Fullmetal Alchemist's ending is one of the best in a shounen, ever. People might think it's a bit too generic, but it didn't need to be anything else.

Jintor

yeah honestly i think FMA is a textbook 100% solid shonen/seinen. I only really have one major problem with it at the end of the day and it doesn't really have to do with the immediate story so much as the backstory.

Jintor

also it's complete which is way more than you can say for like 90% of the stuff i follow now

say what you like about active series but there is something to a story with a god damn end

cntr

Banned
Red Sprite is either messing up, or trying to get the revenge plot out of the way to focus on the rescue and eventual revolution.

Could go either way.

wow dtl got banned

You don't ever post anything from a doujin hentai, especially about underage kids. Yaoi, Yuri, Vanilla, doesn't matter. That should never be shown/posted/ talked about anywhere on the forum when it involves under-aged characters (probably shouldn't do it in general, but under-aged just makes it so much worse.). DTL should know better then that.

dani_dc

You don't ever post anything from a doujin hentai, especially about underage kids. Yaoi, Yuri, Vanilla, doesn't matter. That should never be shown/posted/ talked about anywhere on the forum when it involves under-aged characters (probably shouldn't do it in general, but under-aged just makes it so much worse.). DTL should know better then that.
You see discussion of pretty much everything here. I would say it's more about how you talk about it than it is about talking about it.

Half of the thread would be constantly banned otherwise.

upandaway

You see discussion of pretty much everything here. I would say it's more about how you talk about it than it is about talking about it.

This thread isn't a good example, if you just take some of those posts from here outside they'd take the hit

phaze

Innocent Chapter 35

RIP everyone who live in the those cruel era.

Magnifico scene. Anime when.

Sakamoto wrote a short story for Louvre manga called "Queen Antoinette Meets Mona Lisa" (妃アントワネット、モナリザに逢う)

Doesn't seem like there's much information in English. Was lucky enough to just stumbled upon it.

It's a short story about Marie Antoinette life from childhood to death
with an appearance of Charles Sanson.

It's pretty simple of a story, but the art is as breathtaking as you come to expect from him.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/events/manga-9art/s_cx/artist/shinichisakamoto.html#artist14

Neat, thanks for mentioning it.

Tsurezure Children 95-96

Surely, the writer won't pull full blown Komi two times in a row ? There's no coming back from this.

Quasar

Not posting graphic images from the manga talked about for the most part helps compared to folks getting done for posting images or animated gifs from anime.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Pour one out for DTL

Maybe its better to cut back on wink wink nudge nudge discussion in general.

We just need to discuss it like a classy gentleman! (Half kidding, half serious)

Tohai 1-15
A mahjong manga about prodigy called Ice cold K. he look just like your regular highschool student, but during the night, he participated in mahjong gambling and sometime act as a rep player for questionable party. He's keeping illegal immigrant in his house after a certain incident.

Similar to Akagi, this one is more on the analytical side of mahjong with the protagonist ability to remember all tiles. Not gonna lie, this manga feature some corny dialogue like
'The big wave is coming!'
'There still an ice left within him'

Give it a read if you're into mahjong manga.

Supposedly got :Kurita'd, but i haven't seen it yet.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch401

What an odd definition of 'nice'.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch43-44

You gotta take an interview to enroll in an university in Japan?

Still spitting truth nonstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom