• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabesque

What is it about? I know human chick is going to be married to skull face but thats it. What is the plot actually about?

That's sort of the premise lol

The story goes through different arcs where the girl, Chise, learns more about the world of magic and becomes closer to her master/fiancé (skull guy).

I sort of keep meaning to read more into it but I liked it a lot. It's a very enjoyable series.

What is it about? I know human chick is going to be married to skull face but thats it. What is the plot actually about?

Synopsis: With her mother dead and father long gone, Chise Hatori has spent her childhood being passed unwanted from relative to relative, until she finally makes her unfortunate way to a strange and improbable auction block. Offered as a “sleigh beggy” to the highest bidder, Chise is purchased by the (literally) boneheaded Elias Ainsworth, who promises to take her on as his apprentice. Elias is a mage, and his world is one of dragons and faeries - but before Chise can begin to get accustomed to all that nonsense, Elias drops another bombshell. Apparently Chise isn't just intended to be his apprentice - she will also be his bride.

The plot develops as Chise learns more about the world of magic through Elias. It also deals more with English folklore as the manga takes place in England. The characters are likable and they have depth as they hold some secrets. Art is awesome as it depicts the fantasy setting very well. It is more focused on character development, so dont expect a lot of action.

Synopsis: With her mother dead and father long gone, Chise Hatori has spent her childhood being passed unwanted from relative to relative, until she finally makes her unfortunate way to a strange and improbable auction block. Offered as a “sleigh beggy” to the highest bidder, Chise is purchased by the (literally) boneheaded Elias Ainsworth, who promises to take her on as his apprentice. Elias is a mage, and his world is one of dragons and faeries - but before Chise can begin to get accustomed to all that nonsense, Elias drops another bombshell. Apparently Chise isn't just intended to be his apprentice - she will also be his bride.

The plot develops as Chise learns more about the world of magic through Elias. It also deals more with English folklore as the manga takes place in England. The characters are likable and they have depth as they hold some secrets. Art is awesome as it depicts the fantasy setting very well. It is more focused on character development, so dont expect a lot of action.

Hmm I'll keep an eye on it its getting a prequel anime soon ya?

One Punch Man 106.3 (ONE)

Blast got a job and hair. Better than Saitama already.

The prequels go until 2017. So the anime will probably hit late 2017 or 2018 because there is not enough material for a full cour.

Fair enough, anyone with a trails avatar saying a story is good and worth reading will get my attention

OPM ONE 106v3

18 years ago.... so it ain't Saitama but he does have a similar costume

Accel and that Sumo guy is also a nice addition... him and his rebel army may prove vital in a future plot arc in which it seems a new Hero organization is about to be formed

It also seems like Genos may join it... oh man Saitama should join that one instead of sticking it with the Hero Association and the bad buzz he gets (knowing him though he might refuse)

bigkrev

Harukaze no Étranger 1-2

Happy to see that my favorite BL series I read last year, Umibe no Étranger, not only has a sequel, but that there is a group who is providing timely translations! It seems we are going to have more interaction with the families of our 2 protagonists, which should be fun.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 79

Quite enjoyed this chapter, this is the first time in a long time where I felt like the characters are truly in a desperated situation.

Armin breaking down was unexpected, but I'm pretty sure he'll turn around in the next chapter or the one after.

Was nice to see Jean take charge though.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 208

The posting pictures online was creepy.

More importantly, if he knows the hotel the parents are staying at (stayed?), Go there!

The hotel will likely have means of contacting them.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Gentle man
One shot by Asano Inio about woman teased by her junior, and also ad for a drink... i think. Relatable, but not exactly his strongest work.
Asano said:
eFvm24L.png

An Always-Avilable Man

one shot by Nishijima Daisuke Lovely art. About a woman drifting in a sea, saved by a big dango like creature, then meet with a gentleman with a tophat. I think it's about meeting. Same like Asano, i think this one is sponsored by a certain drink company.
lmg from the manga said:

How i stalked some dude with an exposed nipple vol.4 ch.13

After several chapters that focused on action scene, i'm glad the author return to what it does best, a comedy and motivational chapter. That foreshadowing though...

Erigu

Gentle man
One shot by Asano Inio about woman teased by her junior, and also ad for a drink... i think. Relatable, but not exactly his strongest work.
Seeing as you haven't mentioned that aspect at all, I'm wondering: did they translate the alternate versions (from each character's point of view?).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seeing as you haven't mentioned that aspect at all, I'm wondering: did they translate the alternate versions (from each character's point of view?).
Wait, there's an alternate version? Nope haven't read that. I guess i'll update my impression after reading the alternate ver.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
There's a version without thought bubbles at all, a version with the woman's thoughts, and a version with the man's thoughts.
Oh, interesting. I'm reading the one with the woman's thoughts. I guess i need to wait the one with man's thought.

Arabesque

Shokugeki spoilers

Not a bad ending at all. Seeing what the goal was of this match, I get now why it played out the way it did, since Kurokiba does have to prove that he is that much of a contender since the person he tied with (Soma) already beat an elite 10 and Akira already win against him twice.

The only thing marking this match up down is that Rentarou isn't a great character and the stakes are just not that exciting. But a solid enough Kurokiba match.

Kyuur

Bleach

A non complete-asspull ending to a chapter? What am I reading!?

One Piece

Sounding more and more like Luffy will make the solo trip to get Sanji. I really hope he brings at least one or two crew members, preferably from the group that was missing for the latter parts of Dressrosa.

Bleach 665

Beginning of the chapter when he asked what the Bankai does I thought we were going to go down the same old route but I was pleasantly surprised

nice chapter

OP

open the borders of the Wano country... as in like when Japan had closed borders to the outside world

gathering up for a war.... Kaido also wants a large scale war himself so it seems this thing is really going to go down

upandaway

One Piece

Heh, Luffy's really into the whole alliance thing now. Just keep making alliances with everyone.

And yeah I agree hopefully Luffy takes someone along for Sanji. And someone beat that weird jack dude already, we've seen enough of that guy.

bobohoro

One Piece 819

I hope Zoro stays behind to handle Jack himself and let Luffy go ahead to get Sanji. Don't want this arc, as good as it is, to stall too long, just so we can get to the even jucier bits.
And Zoro hype battles are best, so there's that as well.

Bleach 665

I shortly zoned out when he asked about the power of the bankai. Thought it would really lead to a pages-long explanation. Pleasently surprised there.
Now just don't let him get yet another form.
...who am I kidding?

One Piece 819
Woo more alliances! Like others have said hopefully it's not just Luffy going, I'm guessing Nami and Brook will join him (Someone to navigate to Big Mom's place, and I don't see Chooper leaving patients so Brook will have to do.).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Now, the chapter was booty as fuck, but the reason why is actually a pretty long con: hundreds and hundreds of chapters ago, Urahara referenced his bankai and said all this cryptic shit about how its not suited for training or whatever, but then it just turns out to be a regular fucken stupid bankai that turns into a big dude and has dumb powers that need 5 pages of dialogue to be explained just like every other fucken bankai in Bleach.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Now, the chapter was booty as fuck, but the reason why is actually a pretty long con: hundreds and hundreds of chapters ago, Urahara referenced his bankai and said all this cryptic shit about how its not suited for training or whatever, but then it just turns out to be a regular fucken stupid bankai that turns into a big dude and has dumb powers that need 5 pages of dialogue to be explained just like every other fucken bankai in Bleach.

Did you expect anything different?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ HOLDER! 115

Time stop kisses OP.
Gotta abuse this.

Kirie is probably my favorite character at this point, but its such a, well, Negima-like harem nobody's gonna get anywhere.

It's probably because she's just an expy of Chisame, who was a similarly great character.

Revo

Kirie is probably my favorite character at this point, but its such a, well, Negima-like harem nobody's gonna get anywhere.

It's probably because she's just an expy of Chisame, who was a similarly great character.

Yeah, definitely best girl/character so far.
Maybe if they have to kiss all the time it could change (but I doubt that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom