• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UQ Holder

Kirie is the best girl for sure. Being able to time freeze with a kiss is gonna be pretty OP unless there's some manner of immunity to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, definitely best girl/character so far.
Maybe if they have to kiss all the time it could change (but I doubt that).

I mean, it will change Kirie from tsundere-in-heavy-denial to tsundere-in-denial, but nothing else is gonna happen. It's Negima 2, literally. Negima 1 had 300 chapters of building up the harem and we never found out the result.

Bleach 665

So it's Crazy Diamond?

One Piece 819

Everything that we know about the final revelation involving Raftel, One Piece and the void century points to it being knowledge that you'd be better off not knowing. They even use the word "burden" here.

Revo

I mean, it will change Kirie from tsundere-in-heavy-denial to tsundere-in-denial, but nothing else is gonna happen. It's Negima 2, literally. Negima 1 had 300 chapters of building up the harem and we never found out the result.

maybe we'll get to 400 chapters this time and get more details
always dream

How much do Prison School volumes generally sell ? Wasn't it in top-15 best selling manga in 2015 ? 90k in premiere week seems like a small number compared to what I imagined.

lol at Soma getting done in by Bleach.

Previous Vol did 139,355 in it's first week (both had 2 day first weeks), so something caused an odd drop.

Flying Witch 24
I can't figure out if I find the rabbit cute or creepy..

Arabesque

How much do Prison School volumes generally sell ? Wasn't it in top-15 best selling manga in 2015 ? 90k in premiere week seems like a small number compared to what I imagined.

It might've been accounting for less days than a full week. It depends on when the volume came out exactly.

edit:
Previous Vol did 139,355 in it's first week (both had 2 day first weeks), so something caused an odd drop

Okay, I know realise whats the reason. There was a special edition of Volume 20 that came out with an OVA episode in the same week, so that was what cut into the regular editions numbers.

10. *96,543 *96,543 Prison School Vol.20

46. *19,480 *19,480 Prison School Vol.20 Limited Edition

Nothing unusual then.

And it got to the top 15 because of all the backlog sales from older volumes after people saw the anime.

lol at Soma getting done in by Bleach.

Soma has always sold less than Bleach when it comes to first week sales. It now sells in total more per volume after the anime, but I don't remember it ever beating Bleach during the first week.

Bleach has had its volume sales cut more than half and lost a ton of its buying readership, but it still sells a lot relative to other manga.

phaze

It might've been accounting for less days than a full week. It depends on when the volume came out exactly.

And it got to the top 15 because of all the backlog sales from older volumes after people saw the anime. So this isn't really indicative of anything yet.

Ah right. Thought about the first after posting but I guess the latter explains my misconception. Completely forgot about the anime.

Arabesque

Ah right. Thought about the first after posting but I guess the latter explains my misconception. Completely forgot about the anime.

I edited my post since I realised what the actual reason for those number was that there were 2 releases for volume 20: one with the OVA episode and the other without it. That's why the number seem lower than volume 19's.

And yeah, the anime coming out had a major effect on the manga making it that high on last year's final listing, as well as the drama. It doesn't show exactly here, since it's only accounting for a few days of sale, but it should sell as much as the previous volume.

It's kind of why first week sales tend to sometimes be confusing.

Toriko 362

things connected together.... people's full courses

what I fear is that since we got a glimpse of the third Oni, Toriko will skip fully reviving Blue and will just go in to defeat Neo will his last Oni. Adding to the fact that his full course is almost done with only one mystery item let (since God is his main dish). Hopefully it isn't centre being the Meat dish

convo

One Piece 819

I imagine the minks trump card is asking Zou himself to stomp on these fools. Elephant vs Elephant coming up, Jack will lose but will mostly come out unscathed and continue to be persistent in his pursuit.

School Judgment: Gakkyu Hotei Vol.01

5XLbsUu.jpg

Every time I hear the main character say I'll ronpa you, I keep thinking it means something else.

Not too bad, the cases have been decently interesting and I don't hate the characters so it's a decent read.

Haikyuu!! 197

CdN61oJW8AAvSMu.jpg

Too bad snakes is kind of the team you'd expect to do this, even Furudate can't avoid the industry standard. In any case, it was kind of a fun chapter. I love the baits Nohebi, Lev especially. Kenma's moment was hilarious both about his hair and the one with Lev serve last match.

You thought the Legend of the Galactic Heroes manga was bishie? I started reading the novel published by Haika Soru and it never forgets to remind you how handsome Reinhard is.

Miyata makes me want to read Ippo, but all those chapters, and if he's not a main character like he is at least in the first four episodes of the anime Ive seen, then Id have no reason to read.

Hajime no Ippo:
Goddamn, Sendo. Making more progress in one night than Ippo has made in the entire series to date. Wow.

Also, Miyata is still as boring as ever.

You sure at least according to mangaupdates it's ongoning in Japan, though that states 3 volumes have released and we're on the 3rd.

Huh. Weird. Maybe I'm wrong. Mine was just hearsay, probably not accurate. That's good news!

Ippo 1128

Hot damn, I always liked Sendou but why did the mangaka decide to make one chapter dedicated entirely to him being the fucking shit? Got damn.

Miyata is fucking trash and the best fights have never been his. That Randyboy fight was fucking awful.

Huh. Weird. Maybe I'm wrong. Mine was just hearsay, probably not accurate. That's good news!

Ippo 1128

Hot damn, I always liked Sendou but why did the mangaka decide to make one chapter dedicated entirely to him being the fucking shit? Got damn.

Miyata is fucking trash and the best fights have never been his. That Randyboy fight was fucking awful.

Ugh, yeah. The Randy Boy fight was such trash. The ending to that fight is probably my personal low point in the entire manga.

One Piece 819
"It's simple, we kill the elephant."

Jack turning out into one of the best villains. I really hope he doesn't job too hard.

Bleach 665

Pretty good so far. But let's see how it goes.

Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! 1 - 10

Started reading this recently. About a high school kid who needs money so he becomes a henchmen for an evil organization. So far its pretty hilarious.

Assassination Classroom 179

Let Nagisa become a teacher of a new "assassination classroom", marry Kaede, highlight what everyone else does for a living, and call it a series.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realize the CR Spirit Circle translations were so bland. I preferred the other ones.

Assassination Classroom 179

Just one more chapter to go. They're kind of stretching this out.

Rymuth

Ippo 1128

Goddaaaaamm,holy shit Sendou showing those two brats how to get in there.

Spinoff Sendo manga when

Hajime no Ippo:
Goddamn, Sendo. Making more progress in one night than Ippo has made in the entire series to date. Wow.

Also, Miyata is still as boring as ever.
Ippo 1128

My reaction was basically Takei's "Oooooohhh Myyyyyyyy'

Sendo has always been the better man and the better champ than Ippo. Also, can Miyata and his highhorse buzz off already?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I appreciate the trolling in this Shokugeki chapter where the stupid central students spend the entire chapter explaining what was so badass about Rentaro's dish that the judges were obviously noticing and then turning out to be full of shit. It's a good swerve because the nature of the series is that other characters always have to explain what is happening or you won't know why some dish is better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom