• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 32

Have to give it to Ishigami to even try something against Kaguya.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 32

Have to give it to Ishigami to even try something against Kaguya.
All the time playing Persona 3 has triggered his Xfactor.
tumblr_inline_mpot3mdVwF1qz4rgp.png

mdubs

Banned
I just bought all of Rurouni Kenshin while the VizBig versions are still in print. I'm in a for a good time right?

Also Eyeshield homies - I just finished vol. 28, and I feel like I see where the story should have ended if it had been plotted a little bit better

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Molester Man Half way through, and have to say, way less molestation then i expected but exponentially much more cringe. I think I might die.

Tsuki Tsuki! 40-43
The past year has been devoid of maid. It will forever be remembered as a dark, maidless period of history. Fortunately that time is now over and maid has been returned to us. Maid.

Apparently this is ending in the next handful of chapters. Seems like it's just going to peter out at some arbitrary point without resolving anything, much like the LN apparently did. Well, that's actually preferable to seeing the MC hook up with the vapid heroine, or anyone who isn't maid for that matter.

Mediking

I know I said this before but early Bleach manga is soooo goood. Amazing character writing. Reminds me of early Naruto and early One Piece.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hinamatsuri 41

I cant
lol, Hitomi chapter is the best

Molester Man Finished Well that was neat. Glad I gave it a read. Wasn't really prepared for the cutesy love story it turned into.
Yeah, with a title like that, you think it's going to be a H story but then it turn out to be one great romance manga

Kaguya want to be confessed 32

LMAO Ishigami. Ever since his introduction every moment with him is pure gold

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 8
Everytime i look at Shinobu, all i could thinking was author draw him as a girl, then call it a boy. I mean look at this!
ane said:
Dude already preparing his harem right from the get go.

Prison School 226

Next chapter totally going to be the climax and the return of V

Tomo-chan Whatever

What if Jun was actually gay and he fell in love with Tomo when he thought she was a boy and then when she started to get womanlier he had difficulty still thinking of her in that way or transitioning his love to someone he is no longer attracted to but he doesn't want to not be attracted to her because he loves her so he continues to think of her as just one of the guys and when he was with Misuzu it never lasted because he couldn't get it up or pretend to be straight and it hurt her deeply and he resented her for it but they both keep his secret under wraps.

Insane fan theory goooooooo
Ah yes, so Jun is actually Kanji from P4.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai 21.5

Unhealthy lifestyle there sensei...

I know I said this before but early Bleach manga is soooo goood. Amazing character writing. Reminds me of early Naruto and early One Piece.
It is good, i even say that it still decent after soul society, but it all goes downhill after Ichigo defeat Aizen.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i got back into MS after SNK dropped the playmore and noticed this upon logging in.
I just want to point out that Nadia is wearing the Gantz suit straight outta gantz. And she happens to be an overpowered tank killer unit at boot. Man Gantz suck

Chikyuu no Houkago 26

The wolf survived the phantom and returned like a boss.
Though, it seems like avoiding the phantoms is going to be difficult considering they can take the form of others and talk like them.

Berserk 23-27 Dark Horse Version

This covers the trolls => forest witch => zerk armor arc

What a difference a proper translation makes.

To make it perfectly clear, this isn't the first time i re-read berserk. Had done so a coupla times before, always with the hawks or some even jankier version. Berserk was great, yes, but not Great. Certainly not Akira great, for that is the one book that i read, gave it a couple of years, then re-read and was amazed with just how many details, how much care i'd missed with the first pass.

There really is no avoiding that, by this point, Miura is every bit as Great as Otomo. His development of Guts, and of this world, throughout the years is nothing short of fascinating, and doubly so when you consider that he had most of it sketched out before he even started writing the damn thing.

In this arc is when he starts fleshing out the melding of the worlds, planes that had only been hinted at are carefully labeled, exposed, and referenced as needed. Players are introduced and developed with an impeccable sense of timing, with backstories that know full damn well that hinting at something is far better than explicitly stating it. Thus we get rough sketches for Isidro and Schierke. Just what we need, and not a single bit more. Isidro's is far shorter, obviously, since he's a much simpler character than the mage.

But then there's Schierke. She almost relegates Guts to the position of a deuteragonist during this arc. Her acclimation to Guts, how she learns about him, her doubts about what this means for her given the history of her teacher and gaiseric, her concerns about herself, and heck, even that little elf that follows her... how in blazes could i ever read that arc and not realize that she is built up to be just as important as Guts?

Then there's all the extra stuff, again hinted at. Zodd's dialogue with Gaiseric, the shape of the helmet in the Zerk armor, zodd's lines to skullie upon seeing that thing... and a thing that i've been noticing for a while, a thing that's been getting quite a bit of foreshadowing: zodd only smiles when meeting guts or skullie.

Yknow, i once believed that maybe miura might actually be growing tired of writing this book, but... the more i re-read it, i doubt it. There's just so much care in this product

also that whole section in qliphoth proving that he can turn the thing into survival horror again any time he wants? master. class. As was the way slann interacts with Guts.
---
and that god damn church is legit the only time i can remember The Good Guys Winning with no strings attached in this universe.

Aizo

Banned
pretty standard choices in the end for me.
I like you. Kindaichi and Doraemon were my first manga. Got them simultaneously from a Japanese exchange student living with us when I was a kid. I knew we always liked similar things.

who would have though kochikame would be ending next

Shueisha announced on Saturday that Osamu Akimoto will end his long-running Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo ("Kochikame") police comedy manga in the 42nd issue of Weekly Shonen Jump on September 17. Akimoto stated that he has an idea for his next work, but any development is as-yet undecided.

The manga centers on the crazy adventures of middle-aged policeman Kankichi Ryōtsu. Akimoto debuted Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo in 1976, and it has become Weekly Shonen Jump's longest-running manga series. Shueisha published the 199th compiled book volume on June 3, and the 200th volume will be the final volume for the series and will also ship on September 17.

upandaway

Are the last chapter and last volume out the same day? HOW????
When you work for that long I'm guessing his schedule was super healthy and "normal" compared to other Jump authors. He was probably always well ahead of schedule.

Kochikame chapters are also not always full length, the ones I saw were 10 pages

Sandfox

By this time next year, the second oldest Manga in Jump(ignoring HxH) will be either Toriko or Haikyu and the latter started in 2012.

By this time next year, the second oldest Manga in Jump(ignoring HxH) will be either Toriko or Haikyu and the latter started in 2012.

Poor Gintama

Unless you're assuming Gintama will end within the next year and in that case we might as well not count Toriko either since its not long for this world either.

Sandfox

Poor Gintama

Unless you're assuming Gintama will end within the next year and in that case we might as well not count Toriko either since its not long for this world either.

Back in March Gintama entered the final arc, and Sorachi said that he's not sure if it will be ending this year or the next, so I would say it's a safe bet lol. I mentioned Haikyu because I'm not sure if Toriko will be around.

cntr

Banned
When you work for that long I'm guessing his schedule was super healthy and "normal" compared to other Jump authors. He was probably always well ahead of schedule.

Kochikame chapters are also not always full length, the ones I saw were 10 pages
Akimoto has never taken a break in the entire run, ever. He's hardcore.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kochikame is ending?! My mind can't process this right now.

We're really in a new era of Jump now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom