• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

The Ghost Tower volume 1
FtKb.jpg

Amano is a bit scummy in his NEET, cowardly ways, but I don't dislike him. Tetsuo, on the other hand, is a manipulative bitch and I don't really like her.
I could blame Amano for Hanazono's death at the end of the volume because if he kept his mouth shut she'd still be alive, but I also like how he decides to try and make up for it, plus his lies about the inheritance was giving Hanazono the motivation to stick with her work instead of resigning to quit her job and marry the rich asshole just so she could pay for her mother's hospital bills (and Amano deciding to take the bills on himself, despite being penniless, gavehim a bunch of points).

I really enjoyed this first volume story wise. It made me feel really bad for Hanazono (she didn't deserve to be killed nor for her body to be displayed in that way) but hopeful Amano will shape up and solve the mystery. Great art too.

bobohoro

Hajimo no Sen...Ippo 1128

The true MC.

Boku no Hero Academia 82

Well now they have a spy in the villain ranks. Can't see him really becoming evil.

Shokugeki no Soma 158

If they start explaining everything before they begin the cook-off we could finally call it the Bleach of cooking mangas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem is you really can't "show" vs. tell with a cooking competition. That's just how it works.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you guys are still reading that thing where the dude tries to fuck his aunt, huh

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

That was pretty cool. Nice curveball there. That said I don't know how I feel about the fact that they said "let's taste again after the explanation", that's weird. The methods/skills of the cooking shouldn't be relevant to the score at all, but the last guy was clearly influenced from it

My Hero Academia

Looks like blood girl is too far gone. She was set up to be matched against Uraraka so I'm looking forward to that.

Bakugou won't be able to take being rescued again so hopefully he managed to do at least half of it on his own. And they're right about UA not looking good after being attacked so many times.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The Ghost Tower volume 1

Amano is a bit scummy in his NEET, cowardly ways, but I don't dislike him. Tetsuo, on the other hand, is a manipulative bitch and I don't really like her.
I could blame Amano for Hanazono's death at the end of the volume because if he kept his mouth shut she'd still be alive, but I also like how he decides to try and make up for it, plus his lies about the inheritance was giving Hanazono the motivation to stick with her work instead of resigning to quit her job and marry the rich asshole just so she could pay for her mother's hospital bills (and Amano deciding to take the bills on himself, despite being penniless, gavehim a bunch of points).

I really enjoyed this first volume story wise. It made me feel really bad for Hanazono (she didn't deserve to be killed nor for her body to be displayed in that way) but hopeful Amano will shape up and solve the mystery. Great art too.
I enjoyed reading this though the ending dragged a bit.

Amano becomes awesome by the end though, some really great character development on his end

Soma 158

Get rekt scrub.

My Hero Academia 82

The academy will get so much shit for this. The villains were successful this time.

I am curious about who the is the traitor that has been leaking info. Invisible girl is the most suspicious.

The Ghost Tower volume 1

Huh, this looks like it's by the dude who does that thriller about the clock tower murder and the trans person.

My Hero Academia 82

The academy will get so much shit for this. The villains were successful this time.

I am curious about who the is the traitor that has been leaking info. Invisible girl is the most suspicious.

That's racist.

Assassination Classroom 179

There were some misterious hands on this chapter, Nagisa and Kaede?
Still, nice to see the characters after those years, and i love what they're doing, tbh.

1 chapter left... :(

Shokugeki no Soma 158

So, it was all a waste of time... sigh.

upandaway

Soma 158

Get rekt scrub.

My Hero Academia 82

Oh right, traitor huh.

There's a leaker but I don't know about him being a traitor yet. With all these quirks it shouldn't be impossible to get info from someone without him knowing.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

That was pretty cool. Nice curveball there. That said I don't know how I feel about the fact that they said "let's taste again after the explanation", that's weird. The methods/skills of the cooking shouldn't be relevant to the score at all, but the last guy was clearly influenced from it
I think the central guys' smug level went into overdrive without actually eating the dish. I enjoyed that he faked everyone out by putting the wordy as fuck explanation in like the Henna Tattoo guy was going to win even though they were full of shit and making it up.

There were some misterious hands on this chapter, Nagisa and Kaede?
Still, nice to see the characters after those years, and i love what they're doing, tbh.

1 chapter left... :(

Kaede? Why would those hands be Kaede when she is already at the school in that scene when they are looking at the poster of Haruna Mase (her stage name).

LeleSocho

Banned
My Hero Academia 82

Who said the traitor isn't a teacher/adult hero? *wink wink* Endeavor *wink wink*

One Piece 819

I hope Zoro stays behind to handle Jack himself and let Luffy go ahead to get Sanji. Don't want this arc, as good as it is, to stall too long, just so we can get to the even jucier bits.
And Zoro hype battles are best, so there's that as well.

Bleach 665

I shortly zoned out when he asked about the power of the bankai. Thought it would really lead to a pages-long explanation. Pleasently surprised there.
Now just don't let him get yet another form.
...who am I kidding?

Zoro's become such a bore fest, specially his fights. Now that he's invincible and haki powered, there's no depth to his encounters.

Maybe Jack gives him a good fight.

Raxus

Zoro's become such a bore fest, specially his fights. Now that he's invincible and haki powered, there's no depth to his encounters.

Maybe Jack gives him a good fight.

The bloodier the zoro fights the better. I love seeing him tank blows and give that shit right back ala Alabasta with Zoro's theme playing in my head.

Pair of hands is obviously Karma and Science girl. Kaede and Nagisa have been shipped for endgame for ages now. Loving the wrap up.

One Piece

Already stated lots of times but if they keep this arc condensed under 50 chapters it'd be pretty much perfect. I see 3 or 4 fights coming out of this though including a Jack fight.

Bleach

An actual good chapter. Thank christ. Now watch this not be his final form.
It'd better be it seems like a good capper for the fight.

MHA 82

Good stuff. Kacchan is too stubborn to be evil but he hates the idea of Deku rescuing him even more. The follow up to this is proving to be pretty epic. Love the villains, can't wait to see more of them. Someone get Deku to a frikkin' medic! I can hear his bones clacking around everytime he is moved practically.

Soma

Just glad this cook off is over, I am dying to see what is going on with the other venues and with the DonRS. Odds are Mito will just job again sadly.

Man that is a lot of manga.

Shokugeki no Soma 158

Get rekt failure Hisoka

My Hero Academia 82

You know what would be intresting is if Kacchan was the one to be saved while the Crow dude (who wasn't originally part of the plan) got taken away

a better twist then the childhood rival being taken and later to be groomed as a villain

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

Ruri has a point and I don't think she should feel bad for telling him that acting like a dipshit all the time is lame as fuck. Like, Shuu's problem isn't being a good person, its being an annoying idiot all the time. The fact he manages to pick up chicks while doing it is anime as fuck.

Crocodile

Prison School (Latest Chapters)

latest

This fucking manga..........my god..........

Can Meiko go back to normal though? Please? I'm tired of that subplot.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Meiko being meek is my only real complaint with Prison School these days. It was a joke that should've lasted one volume max, not kept up as long as it has. It's completely tanked her character now.

I think the only thing that made me stand Meiko was her sound effects and returning back to her dopey cutesy face from her severe face. When they were watching her face slowly go from severe to bubbly with the accompanying "Fweh?!" when it "popped" back to cutesy, I was fucking dying.

There's a Demon Lord in the Floor 9

Okay, we're back to normal non-nipple shirts and cute art and funny stuff.

This manga is so fucking stupid but it's charming. I really love that dumb fucking mushroom girl. Mushroom girl best girl. The fanservice is pretty great too and the coworker being a total perv and constantly imagining all these sexy situations with the MC is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom