• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck ch. 76.2

My dude Piuy gonna be the one to save the world, just watch.

Golden Kamuy ch. 67

This chapter. Incredible.

The Promised Neverland ch. 6

So the smartest girls are pulled aside to be used as mother figures for other farms?

My Hero Academia 106

First, Happy 2nd anniversary MHA!!!
That WSJ is super good
7a84acb478ef58eab2e42cce3335ad3a.png

As for the chapter...KIRISHIMA nooooooo

Arabesque

The last Kishimoto X Togashi interview segment include:

-reference to Vampire!Araki
-Kishimoto likes DmC
-He takes inspiration from Hunter X Hunter
-both of them were going into education at first, before their brothers motivated them to be mangaka (and failing their teaching courses)

This was a good interview,

Shouta

Prison School 228 (RAW)

He made her into a penis....and the way a panel is laid out, her vagina is speaking...

At least we got the VP back, lol.

Nanatsu no Taizai 191

What a cheater, lol.

World Trigger 157

Between his banter and his god-slice, Ikoma is probably my favorite new character in this arc. Still though, goddamn Yuma with the Grasshopper tricks.

US Shonen Jump Quick Impressions

My Hero Academia

Two years already damn where has the time gone. Todoroki passing first from UA doesn't surprise me but with them all scattered I have a feeling someone isn't going to pass. I feel this royale is taking a bit too long though I'm enjoying seeing Deku's leadership shine through in this chapter.

Black Clover

Everyone's gotten stronger and we got keep pushing each other to get stronger. Standard chapter that didn't accomplish much.

Promised Neverland

I imagine the fact Ray wasn't with Emma and Norman is the biggest reason Isabella hasn't been able to identify them since they're always a group of 3 but she's looking for 2 children. Knowing that some children survive to become farm mothers is very interesting the economics of the child farm for demon feeding could be very interesting once its fully explaned.

Red Sprite

Perfect way to end a jump start/3 chapter rule for a series. We now have our main goal of the series clearly established (rescue the other kids, find/create magnolia, stop the evil empire) and an establishment that our main antagonist seem to be hiding some power that will make them a legit threat besides for their armies numbers. Hopefully Viz and Jump keeps this its a really strong initial showing.

Toriko

I think Starjun's death would have had more impact on me if Starjun and Toriko's brother bonding time to hunt part of Aracia's full course hadn't been massively cut down due to impending cancelation. The trio vs aracia was cool for the few pages it happened.

World Trigger

Yuuga and Chika need to dump osamu for someone else why Hyuse joins this chapter shows they continue to really not need him. Almost any other scrub could run wires but other scrubs would have more trion to fight longer without instantly being ganked by a strong fighter.

Shokugeki no Soma

This is the first time the Viz name Food Wars fit the series, I'm not really sure how the battle royale worked in the context central had it but it was highly entertaining to read.

Boruto

Ah yes because using new technology it totally equal to doping. Why exactly are ninja chakra tools cheating but any of the crap Ten Ten used in the chunin exam allowed? At least the bad guys showed up and we got an exposition dump as to who they are. Its lazy writing that was clearly meant to help the films pacing but since Naruto typically spent far too much time trying to make the bad guys sympathetic with never ending flash backs I'm okay with this.

Glad to see Love Rush wasn't picked up, any good will it had after two chapters died instantly once chapter 3 introduced pointless harem girl 1.

upandaway

The Promised Neverland 6

This chapter answered a lot. So Mama is playing games with them because she can't ship them until their normal due date. That's a pretty big advantage to their side

The helper is sort of being set up to be Mama's downfall, after freaking out so easily, but things will definitely shake up before then

Inside Mari 65-66

I dunno why this mom is making comically evil faces because she changed her daughter's name.

Inside Mari 80 END

I didn't like this a whole lot. I kept reading it expecting more (of what, I don't know) and I just ended feeling totally lukewarm on it. Aku no Hana was for more interesting.

gintama 601

Good old Gintama. Spend the first couple pages with serious character development, then follow it by reading jump and arguing about the live action gintama movie.

dansan joshi 18

I dont even anymore with this manga

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah Inside Mari went nowhere. Oshimi's lost his mojo.

But Happiness is cool. It's like Tokyo Ghoul meets Van Gogh. Tokyo Gogh if you will.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch414

Such a nice smile~

New Game: The Spinoff! ch10-11

Seeing the rising sun during New Year always sounds so troublesome.

That clerk is a true pro.

Tejina Senpai ch28.75

These darn magnets.

The Ancient Magus' Bride ch32

I guess that's an effective way of waking someone up, just behind the water bucket.

Need a couple of good Manga recommendations. Stuff I'm reading so far that I love: One Piece, OPM, Vinland Saga, Kingdom, Hero Academia.

Stuff I hate: Fairy Tale, Naruto, Bleach etc etc (your generic, uninspired and poorly executed nonsense).

CrazyDude

Boruto

Ah yes because using new technology it totally equal to doping. Why exactly are ninja chakra tools cheating but any of the crap Ten Ten used in the chunin exam allowed? At least the bad guys showed up and we got an exposition dump as to who they are. Its lazy writing that was clearly meant to help the films pacing but since Naruto typically spent far too much time trying to make the bad guys sympathetic with never ending flash backs I'm okay with this.

Ten Ten uses her own chakra to store and make things appear. and be stored Using the Kote requires no chakra to be used.

Zweizer

Banned
Need a couple of good Manga recommendations. Stuff I'm reading so far that I love: One Piece, OPM, Vinland Saga, Kingdom, Hero Academia.

Stuff I hate: Fairy Tale, Naruto, Bleach etc etc (your generic, uninspired and poorly executed nonsense).

Have you read Dungeon Meshi, Hinamatsuri, and Goodnight Punpun?

Eila

Sanctuary maybe.
Shin Angyo Onshi, Eden, Blade of the Immortal just to name some seinen action manga.

upandaway

Well I assume you also already checked out Hunter x Hunter. How about Baby Steps and Biscuit Hammer

pbayne

P to JK(Policeman and High School Girl 1-5

Age-gap romance and a guy in uniform, it ticks all the boxes really.
Lol talk about from 0 to 100, they get married within three chapters.

Ray Down

Banned
Okay I'm trying to get back into Toriko after taking a break after the timeskip but I'm really struggling to keep my interest in reading it.

This yuda flashback fell flat on its face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom