• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in Ippo

1O1KReh.jpg

pbayne

Ippo 1152

So we Rocky 5 now? Eh had to happen eventually i guess when your main strategy is "ill take 50 punches to the head" per match.

P to JK(Policeman and High School Girl Caught up to latest

Holy shit this blitzed through like 5 arcs in the span of 22 chapters.
Good shoujo, i really like the chemistry of the two MCs. Story is surprisingly dark at times too. He might come back, but unfortunately the main rival guy got wrote off, sucks because he was the most interesting character by a country mile. Hopefully he comes back.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch489

Eh, I still find Riboku kind of overrated. His major victories so far were all thanks to his 'nuke'.

You did great, old man.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch46-47

Such a free spirit~

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch20

Now I'm hungry.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

This is probably the 5th time that Yuu has come up with a realization why his band sucks, and its beyond obvious the actual answer is that for whatever dumb reason the band sucks because he's not banging the lead singer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hajime No Ippo 1152

Fuck this shit, I'm out for a while. This is the type of shit he could have done like 400 chapters ago, at this point over 1000 chapters in I'm done with this shit. Stop stalling.

Hajime No Ippo 1152

Things are starting to get dark.

I agree with Kave_Man, where was this plot adjustment. Morikawa could have substituted the Kojima arc with this.

Sai

Hajime no Ippo

I wonder if they're actually talking about punch drunkenness, or if it's some kind of mental thing. Didn't he check out fine with his doctor after his last match? Even Sendo's coach thought this was an issue with his fight with bootleg Ricardo, so it's been a thing for a while, but nobody's suspected brain damage 'til now?... I'm thinking mental.

Man, that would really suck, having all this pop up before he can even fight Ricardo Martinez.

MrDaravon

Hajime no Ippo

I wonder if they're actually talking about punch drunkenness, or if it's some kind of mental thing. Didn't he check out fine with his doctor after his last match? Even Sendo's coach thought this was an issue with his fight with bootleg Ricardo, so it's been a thing for a while, but nobody's suspected brain damage 'til now?... I'm thinking mental.

Man, that would really suck, having all this pop up before he can even fight Ricardo Martinez.

Yeah, I interpreted this as a mental thing and not a physical thing.

I do however agree with Kave_Man in that I'm out for a while at the very least here; I've been reading Ippo for years and years but it feels like it's going absolutely nowhere very slowly and they've lost the thread somewhere along the way.

Mediking

So yeah... Griffith like an extreme version of Sasuke in Berserk. On chapter 200 and it's really werid how this manga keeps trying to showcase Griffith in this special light when he is a monster.

Mediking

But he is so kawa-ii tho
fuck him

Obligatory he did nothing wrong.

I'm becoming worried that Griffith is gonna hit Kishimoto's level of quality with Sasuke. Except Sasuke never did the crazy and insane stuff Griffith is doing. I just don't get why the author of Berserk loves Griffith so much. Any other bad guy would have been killed by Guts but Griffith? He's still alive?!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm becoming worried that Griffith is gonna hit Kishimoto's level of quality with Sasuke. Except Sasuke never did the crazy and insane stuff Griffith is doing. I just don't get why the author of Berserk loves Griffith so much. Any other bad guy would have been killed by Guts but Griffith? He's still alive?!
He was chosen by the gods.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 228

Welcome back, VP. Welcome back, Prison School.

Otoyomegatari ch. 59

This was a pretty short chapter. Cute though.

I mean

He is SUPER powerful.

Mediking

Guts is also the biggest punching bag I've ever seen in a manga. It's nonstop garbage city for him. Don't know if the writer likes having a karma system in Berserk or just loves torturing his own character until he knows the reader would explode.

cntr

Banned
Guts has a lot of bad things happen to him, and will continue to have bad things happen to him until the manga ends.

Such is Berserk.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Guts is also the biggest punching bag I've ever seen in a manga. It's nonstop garbage city for him. Don't know if the writer likes having a karma system in Berserk or just loves torturing his own character until he knows the reader would explode.
I hear Puck keeps him sane.

Mediking

he's a fan of Idolmaster, that means he's real messed up

It really is a pattern though. Sometimes a character is about to have something very disturbing happen to them and it either happens or Guts stops it. Then there's the bad guy pattern. Don't get me wrong. I love the fight scenes and how gritty and randomly warm Berserk can be but there is some nonstop repeat stuff going on.

Tomo 414

Yeah, Misuzu sure looks like she's having fun. Fun all the way to the bank!

tomo 415

And is already aware of what will happen in the future.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Kay, so i think Griffith is one of the greatest villains in anything for a couple of reasons. 1, they do a good job humanizing the shit out of him before this, and that makes the betrayal way more powerful. Honestly, it's not that tough to see how the train of events led him to that point. It's just no one thought he'd go through with it because you wouldn't go through with it. 2. I am 95% sure I have figured out what his real plan is, and the real way he has influenced the story to grasp at his end goal. And that end goal is a mix of ingenious and frightening in its utter simplicity. I want to go on, but you are most certainly not at that point yet.

Overall, my feeling on Griffith can be summed up in violent seizing as I convulse from rage on the floor. Fuck Griffith.

cntr

Banned
The thing about Sasuke is that his motivations and character never really made any sense or have any real impact.

Griffith is a well-written and complicated character. His betrayal makes people foam at the mouth because goddamn. Nobody ever feels like that about Sasuke or any other Naruto character.

MANUELF

Banned
The thing about Sasuke is that his motivations and character never really made any sense or have any real impact.

Griffith is a well-written and complicated character. His betrayal makes people foam at the mouth because goddamn. Nobody ever feels like that about Sasuke or any other Naruto character.

Sasuke was just a bad loser, the moment he saw Naruto as a rival he wanted anything to gain more power and beat him but he was never a nice guy

Fureru to Kikoeru 11
Solve problems, acquire harem. The MC starting to find Satori's power helpful feels like a death flag, except without the death. I'm fine with them keeping up this dual Samaritan act for the next few arcs, not least because it largely keeps what's-her-face out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom