• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started Akira tonight. Never saw the movie outside of a few snippets so it's basically brand new to me. Really cool stuff so far. Love the setting and general style to it. Still early on so there's really not much to say about the story but it seems good enough so far. I will say that it's kind of weird how it's flipped for the English release, but I know that used to be more common years ago.

Also got A Drifting Life and the first volume of Showa: A History of Japan. Those books are massive, goddamn. Regular manga volumes are so small in comparison, even the ones where they do two-in-one like Prison School! Looking forward to starting those over the weekend. I have very little experience with older series outside of a few shounen runs so it'll be fun.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku dake ga inai machi end
Satisfying ending, though i think how Satoru resolve the end case feel a bit rushed. Despite its ups and down, i enjoy it. The mystery is probably the weakest part of the manga, but i like the character development, especially during Kayo's arc.

Tonnura-san 18
8Ca4Tuh.jpg
Personally, I'm fine with needles, so long as they're being stuck into someone that isn't me.

Glad to see some movement on this. It's been, what, a year and a half since the last release?

Zweizer

Banned
AKB49 ch201

Time to move on, and have Okabe shake up things.

The moon is beautiful tonight, but first, die ch2

Well, guess someone's about to die alright.

Dorohedoro 141

Pretty much confirms a lot of what we suspected already. But it was good to see it confirmed.

Goddam this manga is ramping up for a hell of a finale!

Kaede? Why would those hands be Kaede when she is already at the school in that scene when they are looking at the poster of Haruna Mase (her stage name).

But we don't know when that scene happened, the author could possibly just mix up the scenes, and they would both be playing with the rest of the classmates trying to hide their relationship.

It works, and it's probably the only relevant couple.

Detective Conan 951:
Things keep moving. I guess we'll be keeping up with this Haneda mystery for a little bit, but now we have Sera involved, too. Maybe we finally have an opportunity for Conan to meet with the mystery girl since Ran isn't around this time.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers Feb 28 - Mar 5
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.5 (NEW)
*2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8 (NEW)
*3. Bleach Vol.66 (NEW)
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*5. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.4
*6. Fairy Tail Vol.52
*7. Demonizer Zilch Vol.1 (NEW)
*8. Noragami Vol.11
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
10. One-Punch Man Vol.1

Previous Week
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Fairy Tail Vol.52 (NEW)
*5. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.4 (NEW)
*6. Dragonar Academy Vol.9
*7. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8
*8. 12 Beast Vol.3
*9. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
10. Noragami Vol.11 (NEW)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
They really nailed the voice, that's exactly how I imagined him sounding.
Yeah I'm really surprised about that. I didn't even realize it but that's definitely the voice I've been reading him in.

Isn't the music from some really famous jazz piece or something?
It honestly reminded me of Donkey Kong Country a little bit. But that may just be because I'm uncultured swine.

Tatoe Hai ni natte mo 3

I say I read this for silly death games, cause I have a weakness for those, but in reality I'm reading this for the eventual hot-dogging of those butt-cheeks. Like, Jesus Christ mangaka, cut it out I'm trying to be a respectable man here.

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru ch145

This counts as a confession, right?

Seems likely that we'll get the epilogue next.

Red String ch38-39

So shonen.

Akuma no Riddle ch42

I don't see them doing anything else than confronting the ones running this thing.

Vagabond 243-310

I...don't like this healing arc. It feels like its going around in circles. Yes, I get it. It's the spiral of death, being invincible under the sun is a heat haze, yadda yadda ad infinitum. Vinland Saga did it so much better.

Edit: Ok it's gotten a bit better, but this feels like it should've happened a long time ago

Attack on Titan 79

That rock through that shattered into bits and the panels that portrayed its impact was cool. Jean taking charge is also great too (too bad Bert didn't care to follow the bait). If only they killed off the Armored Titan before hand then the momentum would've been grand for awhile.

Also fuck Bert... it was funny that he kicked Eren kms away but fuck that guy

By best guy do you mean Asuma?

I'm also liking Shima though. Not a guy I know but she looked good as one, and her intermission has been funny, especially stealing Kae's first kiss.

Asuma is probably number 2, Yusuke's #1 of course

Shima's been nice in driving the plot too

Vagabond 243-310

I...don't like this healing arc. It feels like its going around in circles. Yes, I get it. It's the spiral of death, being invincible under the sun is a heat haze, yadda yadda ad infinitum. Vinland Saga did it so much better.

Edit: Ok it's gotten a bit better, but this feels like it should've happened a long time ago

The trick to reading Vagabond is to do what I did: stop reading any text at around Chapter 100 and just look at the pictures from that point on. Trust me you'll miss nothing important and your enjoyment will go up by a factor of 7.

The trick to reading Vagabond is to do what I did: stop reading any text at around Chapter 100 and just look at the pictures from that point on. Trust me you'll miss nothing important and your enjoyment will go up by a factor of 7.

Considering my favorite parts of Vagabond have been after 100, no.

Vagabond's writing has rarely, if ever, been good. The art is gorgeous but dude has no idea how to structure or pace a story. You could sum up some 40 chapter stretches with a single sentence and have touched on everything important that happened.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 30

Watarse and his girlfriend deserve each other.

They're both shit-heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom