• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 8
Let me have sex with him so my senpai won't need to have sex with this guy. Flawless logic there lady...

On the other hand, Chirol be like, justaskeikaku.jpg

Okay, so that lady literally sleep her way to the top of her career.

Kingdom 490

This chapter is odd.

Ok, no time wasted on crap. I get it. Gotta get shit done.

So why in blazes do we get so god damn many thought bubbles from random characters explaining the utterly obvious? Does he always need to depict someone else going "...?" after a character hints at at a mystery that he'll promptly solve? Or *sei is rude*. "oh shit boi, sei is being rude!". Then dude sometimes combos thought bubbles from completely different characters into a convo, like on page 4.

This was a mild annoyance back when this thing started, but this manga has been running for nearly a decade. About freaking time the author learned to trust his exposition.

Arabesque

That reads like some "Griffith did nothing wrong" talk.

The similarities begin and end at "both are ambitious men that end up wishing for more power and glory".

Sinbad's case is more of an acknowledgment that while he's a good man who did a lot of great things for the world, he's still human at the end of the day and power gets to him the same as it does anyone else.

Griffith is the kind of guy who would throw his own mother to the wolves if it meant he gets to be called God's chosen.

G.ZZZ

Toriko 389

Rip Battle Wolves, you were the best design of this manga, too bad you got ignored in the rush
mjcry1.png

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch427

As blunt as ever.

One Piece ch841

As expected, Reiju is the only saving grace of the family.

Magan & Danai ch17

Aww~

She can be thoughtful when she needs to.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san ch3

Being a vampire has quite a few downsides.

etojv8p.png

Such insensitivity.

bobohoro

One Piece 841

I actually feel dumb for not thinking of eating the biscuits.
And I actually like the way Sanji discovered his love for cooking. Even though his first dish probably killed his mom, which seems a bit too dark there.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 109

'Hey, hey. You guys wanna hear something good?'
'What's the rating?'
'R-Rated!'
'Lets hear it then.'

What a weird occupation. Ochako progressing some plot, Cousin Itt joining the party, and Inasa/Todoroki rivalry hype. Appreciate the focus on "being heroic"!

Relaxed chapter compared to last week, but greato.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 8
Let me have sex with him so my senpai won't need to have sex with this guy. Flawless logic there lady...

On the other hand, Chirol be like, justaskeikaku.jpg

Okay, so that lady literally sleep her way to the top of her career.
Yeah I stopped reading the manga a while ago. Its so dumb in the decision making of the characters. I thought it would be something I liked but I found a better manga that does the same basic premise better. I wish I could remember the name.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san 3

Ey8eWBd.png

Some things are worth risking your unlife for, and an anime signing is certainly one of them. Wonder if her head regrows if it gets ashified.

PK Gaming

One Piece

Suffering through how garbage post timeskip Sanji was almost worth seeing him in this arc now.

Almost.

It's very good though, easily reaching peak One Piece in terms of quality and emotion.

Akame ga Kill 75

I legitimately do not care if this manga is stupid and edgy and tryhard and makes no sense.

Esdeath is awesome and I love her.

She's back to what she was like before.

Before the moesdeath, Jaegersdeath and Tatsumi crush hijynxesdeath. I'm happy, but a little sad we didn't get more of this Esdeath.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 109

This Cousin Itt looking motherfucker has me rolling.

One Piece ch. 841

I didn't really consider Luffy just eating the biscuits either, even though it's such an obvious solution.

I appreciate the cover page here. It's been awhile.

Toriko 389

Weird that the thing he is going to use to fight against NEO is rage

usually in Shonen it is some other good emotions but likely that can still happen if all fails

One Piece 841

Awww Sanji actually had not one person in his family that cared but two

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Akame ga Kill 75

I legitimately do not care if this manga is stupid and edgy and tryhard and makes no sense.

Esdeath is awesome and I love her.

Her power levels got dumber with every chapter. Just let tbis shit end please.

She's definitely worthy to be called final boss. Just like JRPG final boss with multiple form

Yeah I stopped reading the manga a while ago. Its so dumb in the decision making of the characters. I thought it would be something I liked but I found a better manga that does the same basic premise better. I wish I could remember the name.

I'm enjoying it for all the wrong reason, mostly seeing how low can main protagonist fallen. It's a trainwreck, but damn i want to see more of it.
Oh, and if you remember the name of that manga, please post it.

My Hero Academia 109

Nice character progression with Ochako trying her hardest to be the hero she wanted to be.

Tomo-chan 427

Carol chapter. thisisgonnabegood.gif

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan end

This is fun innuendo filled manga. I can't say its great, but i enjoy my time with it. Read it if you're a fan of Ujie Tozen works.

Thunderbolt fantasy 6

Uh, yeah, unfortunately not as good as the puppet version. Art is lacking impact needed to make this good.

Detective Conan 974
Flashback is done. There are smart phones 10 years in the past. Holy cow.

Smart phones > land lines > cell phones > smart phones

Conan is a wizard.

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko - 389
Anger being Neo's disliked flavour is the last thing i expected sincerely, being panic and despair his favourite i expected something completely opposite like calm being the disliked one...

One Piece - 841
Reiju is good after all...

Detective Conan 974:
Finally Conan has connected together all of the stuff with Mary and Shuukichi, and realized that Sera knows his identity. We've cleared up a couple of mysteries, but there's still more left. Especially now that the manga is putting the fate of Akai's dad up as an important plot point. I'm excited to see where the story goes next.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 974:
Finally Conan has connected together all of the stuff with Mary and Shuukichi, and realized that Sera knows his identity. We've cleared up a couple of mysteries, but there's still more left. Especially now that the manga is putting the fate of Akai's dad up as an important plot point. I'm excited to see where the story goes next.

I imagine Conan meeting Sera's mom will be the next big plot point. He's just got to find a way to make that connection because from the look of it she's got some info that he and Akai need.

Cornbread78

Hey guys, I forgot I should ask around here.

Is anyone interested in putting together an OT for any of the upcoming Anime series from Manga?

3-gatsu no Lion (March Comes in Like a Lion) <10/8>
or
Drifters <10/7>

I imagine Conan meeting Sera's mom will be the next big plot point. He's just got to find a way to make that connection because from the look of it she's got some info that he and Akai need.

Yeah, they've been like ships passing in the night for awhile now, so I imagine that now that Conan knows her identity it might finally be time for them to actually talk.

I'm sure that before then we'll get some scene with Conan trying to press Haibara for information about anyone else taking the drug, but in typical Conan playing things too close to the chest fashion he won't actually tell her any more details so she'll just wind up staying in the dark about what's going on.

Yeah, they've been like ships passing in the night for awhile now, so I imagine that now that Conan knows her identity it might finally be time for them to actually talk.

I'm sure that before then we'll get some scene with Conan trying to press Haibara for information about anyone else taking the drug, but in typical Conan playing things too close to the chest fashion he won't actually tell her any more details so she'll just wind up staying in the dark about what's going on.

Is the series ending anytime soon?

I watched a bit of the series years and years ago but stopped because it didn't look like it was ending any time soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ugh. I can't do another Hajime no Ippo length series right now. Especially since it's still on going.

Thanks.

It's the sort of thing that's very episodic. You can read an arc once a week and just treat it like a procedural that has an overarcing plot line because that's exactly how it's formatted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

lol @ Alice's dad and his ultra anime hair. It must be a Nakiri trait for them to be goofy as fuck because literally every normal Nakiri (Azami isn't actually one) is a total weirdo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 184.1

Mitsuru returns to film a gravure shoot with all of the girls. Hijinks ensue. The comment about Tadokoro's hips is really weird.

thetechkid

So I just finished up Nisekoi and outside of a few minor things I didn't mind the way it ended.

I now need to find myself a new Slice of Life/Romance/School series to read. Any suggestions?

Is the series ending anytime soon?

I watched a bit of the series years and years ago but stopped because it didn't look like it was ending any time soon.
Probably not ending anytime soon, althoughI suspect that this is the penultimate arc. But the Bourbon arc was almost 300 chapters long, so that doesn't mean much. I'd guess the series has about a decade left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom